• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Can anyone estimate the likely upfront cost?

SE corner - hotel + 50 flats
The Depot - 400 flats
The Goods Yard - 500 flats
The Printworks - 75 flats

Does the £650m for 25% of the club figure quoted cover a hotel and 1000 flats? Obviously it will pay back 3 or 4 fold when the flats are sold off.
Your maths aren’t great here.

Let’s say the hotel costs what £20M to build?

Means each flat will be £630k. How much profit is there in that? They must have already spent a fudgeton on acquiring the land and permissions.

With luck they might get enough for a new midfielder out of it.

Means each flat will be £630k. How much profit is there in that? They must have already spent a fudgeton on acquiring the land and permissions.

Build costs of hotels are extraordinary, from the last conference I went to, depending on the range of hotel its approx £100,000 - £600,000 depending on star rating and finishing, thats without other F&EE and standard exclusions. Considering we are looking at a roof pool and lifestyle hotel option which generally means ultra modern fixtures and fittings, I would imagine the cost sits somewhere in the middle of that range

Yeh true, but now its going to be a prime hotel, NFL, Spurs, Concerts, Sports, its guaranteed as many if not more peak stays than other hotels in the city AND it is going to be a conventions destination both in the hotel and stadium with added attractions for people to hold their meeting there.

Someone will do well out of it now

There's got to already be some market for Beyonce fans who don't fancy the 3 mile walk to Seven Sisters at 11pm. The increase in the number of events permitted will likely have added substantially to that.
That was my point ....you have to make it compelling to get a development partner and a mid to top end hotel interested. The stadium (and its events) are certainly portraying that now. Much harder to do that if they'd built the hotel at the same time as the stadium. Unless you had no grander plan than Ibis :)

Of course DL has minimal control of certain parts of the regeneration of N17, but any uplift in desirability would add to the unit price profit of the apartment developments.

The hotel will be much much more than that
Triple or quadruple what you have Said

I wonder if the hotel will have any connection with the club...decor wise.

Perhaps some epic imagery from events that have already taken place?

The hotel needs to appeal to a broad spectrum of guests, the Machester Football hotel has loss money, new technology will help in making function rooms multi theme and I suppose some rooms could be designed for particular events.

The hotel needs to appeal to a broad spectrum of guests, the Machester Football hotel has loss money, new technology will help in making function rooms multi theme and I suppose some rooms could be designed for particular events.
Yeh the modern world means teeming can be adapted with LED walls and clever new tech

I wonder if the hotel will have any connection with the club...decor wise.

Perhaps some epic imagery from events that have already taken place?
Image of Gary Doherty making an on-the-line clearance? Martin Jol leaving the Lane after his half time sacking? Or Soldado putting one into Row F? Maybe Christian Gross brandishing his tube ticket at his first press conference?

Old people - complain at reductions in their subsidies for their football tickets and home heating.

Rest of society - you can afford to go to football and what are these home things?

Ooohhh. The walloping impact of black balloons.

black kit.JPG

Please. Stop.

I'm an older fart and have hated to see high ticket prices throughout my whole life. Especially when I wanted to take my kids to games. But welcome to the world of modern sports economics. I couldn't enjoy myself at modern sports events paying the hijack rates charged for food and drink, let alone the price of admission.

Much prefer now to watch at home where, despite the cost of streaming fees, I still have plenty left over to serve my game day guests our finest meats and cheeses and fine wines. And if it's just me, then I get to indulge while delivering sharp snipes and gripes on the world's most influential news entities or fan forums.

Last edited:
Back