• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Amanda Stavely was at the NFL game(s) this weekend, so seems nailed on that she is inserting herself into some deal between noble Spurs and the horrific Saudi regime
There was an article saying she would want to try and bring Eddie Howe after any takeover/investment.

I still remember her saying Saudi Sportswashing Machine would soon win everything, a year or so later and she's forced out

If true, it confirms that Levy isn't a football man.
View attachment 17812
Not sure rangers is a good comparison, they went bust, are up to their eyeballs in debt, very unstable board and are generally a bin fire.
It may only be £400, but it is an attitude that ran through the club that eventually caught up with them.
And is he talking about now or when he was at spurs? Because levy wasn't at spurs when Gazza was.

So he just "asked for a couple of tickets"? Sounds like he was expecting free hospitality tickets.
I mean I loved Gazza as a footballer, not so much as a person. But why does everyone feel so entitled these days?
Because
Because
Because
Argh..
people always want something when they believe they have given something
Weirdly some forget they got paid for what the gave

Because
Because
Because
Argh..
people always want something when they believe they have given something
Weirdly some forget they got paid for what the gave

You make a fair point.

However, it's not good PR after the Pleat stories though; do we ever hear of such re those who are formerly players/workers at other clubs, e.g. Arsenal or Chelsea?

Or are we just always an easy target for bad PR?

You make a fair point.

However, it's not good PR after the Pleat stories though; do we ever hear of such re those who are formerly players/workers at other clubs, e.g. Arsenal or Chelsea?

We’re spurs fans on a message so we’re deep into this info. It could also happen elsewhere but I don’t follow other clubs as closely.

If you asked a fan of another random EPL club about the Pleat story. They’ll be like David who? Then you explain he was our manager for a year in the 80s and has been a part time scout for years, they’d just look at you with a blank expression. A lot of these things don’t register outside our world

We’re spurs fans on a message so we’re deep into this info. It could also happen elsewhere but I don’t follow other clubs as closely.

If you asked a fan of another random EPL club about the Pleat story. They’ll be like David who? Then you explain he was our manager for a year in the 80s and has been a part time scout for years, they’d just look at you with a blank expression. A lot of these things don’t register outside our world

True, but the Gazza one, because of his fame beyond just being an ex-Spurs player, would be (and i think has been) picked up on more than the Pleat one...

You make a fair point.

I think we’re just closer to a lot of it

But i also don’t know of many club are as difficult as we are with some ex players. I’m gonna guess and say it’s not a carte Blanche answer but we don’t know as fans

It will suit many agendas though and I’m sure the purple and yellow fan is flying high in twitter

I'm a Spurs fan and the only Pleat story off the field I know is the one for his penchant for the errr, extremely competitive priced ladies of the night on the Seven Sisters road.

You make a fair point.

Its been quashed by his manager today

I think people decide what they think is bad PR now just because its Levy and Enic but to be frank we have helped Gazza more than he has helped himself by funding rehab and he came from a time when he was on 22k a week at Lazio and squandered his riches, so where is the line in all this?

Do we accept ticket requests from everyone or restrict on availability, even then thats a cause for bad PR because they said no. As I understand the club has free tickets for players just not an infinite number so offer alternatives

Last edited:
Its been quashed by his manager today

I think people decide what they think it bad PR now just because its Levy and Enic but to be frank we have helped Gazza more than he has helped himself by funding rehab and he came from a time when he was on 22k a week at Lazio and squandered his riches, so where is the line in all this?

Do we accept ticket requests from everyone or restrict on availability, even then thats a cause for bad PR because they said no. As I understand the club has free tickets for players just not an infinite number so offer alternatives

What's been quashed btw? Do you mean the Gazza "i had to pay for my tickets" story?

EDIT: I see you mean this:

What a mess for him, maybe was on the lash at the time?

Last edited:
Credit is easing, it's an area development project that will get some backing.

I genuinely don't think the two are related for two reasons
- It's Levy, whatever the fudge criticisms you can come up with for the guy (and there are a few), planning and managing money is not one of them, zero chance that guy has a project in flight without knowing the financing up front (not to say cash injection wouldn't make it financially more attractive)
- This is being driven by Amanda's agenda (at least the timing), she's clearly in one way or another got involved in this club investment model and thinks she can pull it off again.
Which is why they are actively seeking inward investment.

Daniel Levy has been at the club since I was a a 7 year old boy.

I am now a 31 year old man.

In that time I was delighted to see us grow and punch back above our weight under Martin Jol after years of being completely mediocre and average.

Having had the tinkle taken out of me by my glory hunting United, Liverpool, Arse, Chelsea school mates 2010 and qualifying for CL was fantastic.

Followed by going on to establish ourselves as semi(?) CL regulars under Poch. Really pushing close more financially equipped sides to challenging for titles with a phenomenal new ground on the horizon. All from our humble old white hart lane. A season at home of the home of national football to see us through.

At that point I think an opportunity was lost. ENIC tightened the belt when we’d challenged for titles and somehow little old Tottenham reached a champions league final.
To add insult to the injury - a few years later ENIC would pump £150m into the club for Conte. In what I still swear down was nothing more than Levy flinching at the prospect of a Saudi backed Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming along to take away 4th place.

All prepared to invest for 4th. Not prepared to invest the same for 1st.

I am 31. Levy has been in charge since I was 7.

That’s pretty much the story for that time except…

One of the best memories for sure. Only trophy I have ever seen us win. Something very sexy in that the only cup winning goal in my life was a deflection of the face.

That 14 year old boy has more than doubled in age and we still haven’t won anything at all.

Now at 31 I am in favour of regime change. I have been very pro Levy and respect him for taking us up a few levels. But it’s clear under him there’s no aspiration to win trophies. I don’t expect us to win the PL title against these clubs. But if Wigan, Leicester (multiple times), Swansea, Portsmouth and Birmingham can have won trophies since we should too.

I think Levy is content with us making top 4, placing enough pressure and emphasis around it that his managers often neglect the cups.

Daniel Levy has been at the club since I was a a 7 year old boy.

I am now a 31 year old man.

In that time I was delighted to see us grow and punch back above our weight under Martin Jol after years of being completely mediocre and average.

Having had the tinkle taken out of me by my glory hunting United, Liverpool, Arse, Chelsea school mates 2010 and qualifying for CL was fantastic.

Followed by going on to establish ourselves as semi(?) CL regulars under Poch. Really pushing close more financially equipped sides to challenging for titles with a phenomenal new ground on the horizon. All from our humble old white hart lane. A season at home of the home of national football to see us through.

At that point I think an opportunity was lost. ENIC tightened the belt when we’d challenged for titles and somehow little old Tottenham reached a champions league final.
To add insult to the injury - a few years later ENIC would pump £150m into the club for Conte. In what I still swear down was nothing more than Levy flinching at the prospect of a Saudi backed Saudi Sportswashing Machine coming along to take away 4th place.

All prepared to invest for 4th. Not prepared to invest the same for 1st.

I am 31. Levy has been in charge since I was 7.

That’s pretty much the story for that time except…

One of the best memories for sure. Only trophy I have ever seen us win. Something very sexy in that the only cup winning goal in my life was a deflection of the face.

That 14 year old boy has more than doubled in age and we still haven’t won anything at all.

Now at 31 I am in favour of regime change. I have been very pro Levy and respect him for taking us up a few levels. But it’s clear under him there’s no aspiration to win trophies. I don’t expect us to win the PL title against these clubs. But if Wigan, Leicester (multiple times), Swansea, Portsmouth and Birmingham can have won trophies since we should too.

I think Levy is content with us making top 4, placing enough pressure and emphasis around it that his managers often neglect the cups.
Dubai incoming in 3.....2......1....!

Back