• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I'm not totally sure how an investor would help us, unless it would reduce the borrowing for the hotel. I can't see us raising the percentage of turnover we spend on wages. What would we gain?

I very much doubt we'd see a quid of that spent on footballing operations.

I'm still to hear what happened to some of that money that was injected into the club during Conte's time...

I'm not totally sure how an investor would help us, unless it would reduce the borrowing for the hotel. I can't see us raising the percentage of turnover we spend on wages. What would we gain?

Same idea as the "cash injection" done a couple of season's ago, additional funding for player acquisition in return for some equity.

Spurs is not United/Pool/Chelsea where there is a ton of infrastructure spend required (we can absolutely fund the hotel/other real estate investments without external help)

Levy has been asking for this for years (rumours are Lewis said no twice before the 150m), we have increased our spending on squad (since Chelsea takeover we are 3rd in both gross & net spend on players) but we have a gap to make up.

This club, with it's current facilities, current turnover, in Europe, given another 300M (above normal) to spend on 2-4 finished article players? could establish us as a top 4 (Pool made that step with VVD, Allison and the addition of Jota) all the time vs. challenging for it.

Re the ethics of the money, everyone will have to make that call themselves, any non debt related cash injection is likely to have some concerns in origin.

anyone have problems if a middle-eastern investor comes in? i don't.

It's not about the nationality, its the purpose. And if it's sportswashing (most middle-eastern) or asset stripping (most american) then they can bugger right off.

Just leave the hotel and flats till the Goods Yard, Printworks and Depot sites are complete and sold off and the capital comes from that.

Same idea as the "cash injection" done a couple of season's ago, additional funding for player acquisition in return for some equity.

Spurs is not United/Pool/Chelsea where there is a ton of infrastructure spend required (we can absolutely fund the hotel/other real estate investments without external help)

Levy has been asking for this for years (rumours are Lewis said no twice before the 150m), we have increased our spending on squad (since Chelsea takeover we are 3rd in both gross & net spend on players) but we have a gap to make up.

This club, with it's current facilities, current turnover, in Europe, given another 300M (above normal) to spend on 2-4 finished article players? could establish us as a top 4 (Pool made that step with VVD, Allison and the addition of Jota) all the time vs. challenging for it.

Re the ethics of the money, everyone will have to make that call themselves, any non debt related cash injection is likely to have some concerns in origin.
I'm not sure that is the case at all. Especially in the credit environment that exists now which is vastly different to the one when we were financing our stadium.

I very much doubt we'd see a quid of that spent on footballing operations.

I'm still to hear what happened to some of that money that was injected into the club during Conte's time...
It doesn't matter if it is spent on things that will help increase our turnover (such as the hotel and residential development).

Other spending that I think could benefit us are a European based feeder club, additional investment into the youth structure, additional investment into the womens' team, an 'owner' backed stadium sponorship.

There is also the fact that we are carrying over £1b of debt and, while the average interest rate on that debt is low and the average term on that debt is reasonably long dated, it may well make some sense to pay down the loans as they mature as opposed to refinancing at a much higher cost. Significant additional liquidity would also ensure any future refinancing could be obtained at a better rate.

Last edited:
Surely we would simply give every player a 10% pay rise, because that's what matters right, higher wages correlates with higher league positions, ergo the opposite MUST be true, right guys, right??? /s

Back