• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

It's more it just goes out of fashion and becomes unpopular. It's already happening - young people don't play the sport (participation has gone off a cliff edge the last 10-15 years) nor do they watch full/live matches (only YouTube/TikTok clips). A big scandal (cough FIFA) could accelerate this massively. In 10 years time football might have to do a T20 type reboot with futsal or something.

Thats the biggest risk, if people abroad lose love for the PL because the majority of the money for TV comes from Middle East, Asia and the Americas. As long as the PL stays relevant the money should be there. The other threat is the overseas broadcasters get together and decide so collaborate and not outbid for rights and drive the price down, there was talk of this and creating some kind of capping but we could be way off this.

As @Bishop rightly says, as for the UK, people need their escape and will always find money for it, you only need to look at the cost of the boxing, theatre, cricket etc and that it all sells out

As @Bishop rightly says, as for the UK, people need their escape and will always find money for it, you only need to look at the cost of the boxing, theatre, cricket etc and that it all sells out

But the boomers will grow too old go and die. If no one under 30 is going to games, your pipeline eventually dies.

Thats the biggest risk, if people abroad lose love for the PL because the majority of the money for TV comes from Middle East, Asia and the Americas. As long as the PL stays relevant the money should be there. The other threat is the overseas broadcasters get together and decide so collaborate and not outbid for rights and drive the price down, there was talk of this and creating some kind of capping but we could be way off this.

Not quite a majority, the domestic and international deals are both worth around 5.2B in total. The international deal is the one that is increasing at a fast rate for obvious reasons.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Enic needs to make a decision around conte. get the players he want and make him extend his contract. or find an alternative

my sense is that ENIC is happy to sack conte and get a new coach to build around youth.

the poch strategy all over again - another false dawn!

why spend money on players who may not win trophies, cinemas and boxing matches bring more reliable income !

Enic needs to make a decision around conte. get the players he want and make him extend his contract. or find an alternative

my sense is that ENIC is happy to sack conte and get a new coach to build around youth.

why spend money on players who may not win trophies, cinemas and boxing matches bring more reliable income !

I’m just not sure I would back him with the way we are playing. If we spend another 100m this Jan and he finishes outside the top 4 and leaves. That doesn’t leave us in a great position.

Are you happy with conte ball?

You back the DoF in theory who should thinking beyond the current manager
That’s the key
We need Hugo’s replacement and the replacement for that player all in at the same time
We need a plan for kane leaving this summer
We need a plan for better CBS
We need a plan…

That’s great in theory. But Conte plays a very specific system and will want players for that system.

I'm not sure sure about the very specific players bit tbh - what does Conte need in that respect over any other manager? You need good players first and foremost and good players are capable of playing/being coached to play in different set ups, we have too many average players padding out the team. He needs wingbacks, but good players at wingback should be able to play attacking fullback roles as well (Rose/Walker for example) so future planning there shouldn't really be a problem

I'm not sure sure about the very specific players bit tbh - what does Conte need in that respect over any other manager? You need good players first and foremost and good players are capable of playing/being coached to play in different set ups, we have too many average players padding out the team. He needs wingbacks, but good players at wingback should be able to play attacking fullback roles as well (Rose/Walker for example) so future planning there shouldn't really be a problem

Something definitely feels off at the club atm, everyone knows we needed a rebuild (including the board) and each window needs to be exploited fairly heavily yet we are seeing a slow down this window it seems with it now the 16th Jan.

With dof and managers feet firmly under the table and weeks of planning time available going into the window, the lack of movement is weird especially with the club income streams at full throttle and the recent enic investment.

I assume its linked to the potential upcoming outsider investment. I certainly hope so because if this behaviour during this window is going to be our ‘business as usual’ going forward then I think I’m done with it all.

Tuchel also plays 5 at the back doesn't he?
I think wingback is very different to fullback - Doherty struggled so much trying to play RB

I assume its linked to the potential upcoming outsider investment. I certainly hope so because if this behaviour during this window is going to be our ‘business as usual’ going forward then I think I’m done with it all.
'Transfer 'behaviour' halfway through window, kills off fan!'.......what a headline:D

GHod forbid we ever get in a relegation dogfight.:rolleyes:....something tangible, serious.

Tuchel also plays 5 at the back doesn't he?
I think wingback is very different to fullback - Doherty struggled so much trying to play RB

Defensive RB tbf under both Jose and Nuno.
Plus you know Doherty is one of those players that just isn't very good, he's a mid table player when all said and done

Are you happy with conte ball?

ugly and winning enough for top 4 is likely, its fine.
ugly and losing enough that top 4 is a risk ... whats the point...
might as well play beautiful with young players ... at least its meaningful

conteball or pochyball isn't the issue as much as enic being clear and consistent with their strategy so that fans expectations can be met.

Talk now that QSI have taken interest instead in Liverpool. Well I read it said that it was Qatar but have been told that it’s the QSI.

conteball or pochyball isn't the issue as much as enic being clear and consistent with their strategy so that fans expectations can be met.
They're clear with their strategy, Conte tells you what it is every week.

Is it reasonable to ask fans to consider their expectations by looking at them thru the 'whole league' lense rather than the 'Enic wallet' lense?

They're clear with their strategy, Conte tells you what it is every week.

Is it reasonable to ask fans to consider their expectations by looking at them thru the 'whole league' lense rather than the 'Enic wallet' lense?

whole league view - its more competitive at the top, staying still and adding quantite is a recipe for failure.
so it goes back to the enic wallet view.

Back