• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Look Enic is all about investment, all good with levy saying every penny goes back into the team etc, but his hand is in the long game where his initial investment will land him and Joe lewis personally billions.

Their model is to invest just enough to keep us competitive and relavent enough for sponsors to invest, while the punters get charged premium prices for no genuine ambition.

It doesn't matter what manager comes in, he won't get the full support required to tilt a title fight legitimately. If we can pretend it's seen as good enough.

So just temper your expectations, accept we have been subdued into accepting this for our club.

Or, you know, we're in the middle of a squad rebuild and that needs resolving before we can talk about title challenges and whether the board are prepared/able to do what is required.

All ifs and buts, but if Pochettinos team was peaking when we started to see the money coming in from the stadium then do you really think we wouldn't have been investing in the 1-2 top players required to keep things competitive and fresh? Trouble is we are far away from that point wrt the team so have always been needing to spread the money further.

We have spent 150/160 net in the last couple of windows (summer + kulu & Bentancur) if we're spending that when we have a stronger team then we're certainly going to be giving managers a platform to succeed.

ugly and winning enough for top 4 is likely, its fine.
ugly and losing enough that top 4 is a risk ... whats the point...
might as well play beautiful with young players ... at least its meaningful

conteball or pochyball isn't the issue as much as enic being clear and consistent with their strategy so that fans expectations can be met.
The strategy is to win and win quickly
It’s why they brought in a now manager, not a project manager
Issue is to do that you need every duck lined up and we haven’t had that this season. We did for half of last season so why the regression

Or, you know, we're in the middle of a squad rebuild and that needs resolving before we can talk about title challenges and whether the board are prepared/able to do what is required.

All ifs and buts, but if Pochettinos team was peaking when we started to see the money coming in from the stadium then do you really think we wouldn't have been investing in the 1-2 top players required to keep things competitive and fresh? Trouble is we are far away from that point wrt the team so have always been needing to spread the money further.

We have spent 150/160 net in the last couple of windows (summer + kulu & Bentancur) if we're spending that when we have a stronger team then we're certainly going to be giving managers a platform to succeed.
If we spend close to that net again on the 2-3 areas of real weakness then we'll be in a good position.

whole league view - its more competitive at the top, staying still and adding quantite is a recipe for failure.
so it goes back to the enic wallet view.
We spend enough to be competitive. You are really only left with a lack of oil money level of spending, as a gripe? Enics wallet won't do that, we all know that. Besides Man UTD, since Fergie have spent barrow loads to try and cling to the top, and Liverpool and Chelsea currently sit 9th and 10th....so it's no silver bullet.

It's a manager that can be the real difference maker.

The strategy is to win and win quickly
It’s why they brought in a now manager, not a project manager
Issue is to do that you need every duck lined up and we haven’t had that this season. We did for half of last season so why the regression

the now manager needs now players. he claims he doesn't have them and will take 3 years to get them lined up.
then its about money... for I am sure if asked which ducks now, he would tell you
we have not spent the 150m cash injection and what about the regular annual transfer budget - if it exists?

i thought our transfer budget would increase significantly since we've got a bigger stadium and higher ticket prices:
FmiTVE_WAAEOy1G

i'd be outraged if i were a season ticket holder paying highest prices to watch a better than average team.

the now manager needs now players. he claims he doesn't have them and will take 3 years to get them lined up.
then its about money... for I am sure if asked which ducks now, he would tell you
we have not spent the 150m cash injection and what about the regular annual transfer budget - if it exists?

i thought our transfer budget would increase significantly since we've got a bigger stadium and higher ticket prices:
FmiTVE_WAAEOy1G

i'd be outraged if i were a season ticket holder paying highest prices to watch a better than average team.

Tickets prices are dependent on demand and supply not what happens on the pitch. If people are outraged over the prices, stop paying them. Then the price will come down.

FmiTVE_WAAEOy1G

That's the highest ticket price, there are other options as well. The price shown for us is for the 1882 season ticket. It's a premium offering above what most clubs will offer. As usual you need to dig a little deeper but then again if you did that it wouldn't give the anti-Spurs twist.

Tickets prices are dependent on demand and supply not what happens on the pitch. If people are outraged over the prices, stop paying them. Then the price will come down.
Even though technically correct that’s not really good enough is it? Basically praying on fans loyalty to the club, they know there is a massive amount of fans who will literally pay for tickets until they can’t afford them and that doesn’t mean they are happy about it - plenty I’ve heard are outraged at prices but still go because of their love of the club. Just praying on fans loyalties increasing prices regardless of brand quality for as long as they can get away with it. We have a broad and large enough fan base we can get away with such a tactic…..

As others have said, wouldn’t surprise me if Conte isn’t here next season and Levy goes in another direction, a young coach who wants to prioritise youth for example. But he will sack him and go for an older, more experienced coach the time after. There’s no plan either on or off the pitch. Like we’re just making it up as we go along but they’ve been in charge for more than 20 years. They should have some sort of idea of how to run the football side of things by now.

As others have said, wouldn’t surprise me if Conte isn’t here next season and Levy goes in another direction, a young coach who wants to prioritise youth for example. But he will sack him and go for an older, more experienced coach the time after. There’s no plan either on or off the pitch. Like we’re just making it up as we go along but they’ve been in charge for more than 20 years. They should have some sort of idea of how to run the football side of things by now.
It's Paratici who picks the manager now, he was the one that got Conte.

This i suspect is Enic's profit maximisation strategy:
- ride on the drama and hope of qualifying for top four and participating in the champions league
- hence invest sufficiently at the right times - especially when outside of top four
- do not invest to win things - its too risky
- don't settle for a consistent system of play to add drama, PR and fan engagement on social media
- invest in other business - property and entertainment - plough profits back (not to football) to grow club assets which also grows owner equity grows

Its an excellent business strategy for anyone else taking over a football club. Might be a great case study for business school too on leveraging on untapped value of non-traditional businesses.

Even though technically correct that’s not really good enough is it? Basically praying on fans loyalty to the club, they know there is a massive amount of fans who will literally pay for tickets until they can’t afford them and that doesn’t mean they are happy about it - plenty I’ve heard are outraged at prices but still go because of their love of the club. Just praying on fans loyalties increasing prices regardless of brand quality for as long as they can get away with it. We have a broad and large enough fan base we can get away with such a tactic…..

Sorry mate, be an adult

- Spurs and Arsenal have the highest tickets in the league because 1/We need to, in order to have any chance to compete, 2/It's London, 3/We have the demand, as a business if you can get higher price for your product, why would you charge less? and then how would you chose who deserves that lesser price?

This circle jerk on ENIC comes back to the same issue every time

- We will not compete on ENIC's model
- Even if ENIC was to invest, it's likely their pockets can't compete (look at Chelsea, £400M/14 players, City spent £150M effectively on Haaland, United's wages on Verane, Eriksen, Casimiro will be entertaining not to mention what they paid for Anthony), the league is broken.

My issue isn't the people who want change, it's the people who can't realize the system is broken and want to blame that on ENIC.

I'm sorry, another two players, or another £100M isn't going to change brick, if you want regular trophies, you have to be one of the cheaters ..

This i suspect is Enic's profit maximisation strategy:
- ride on the drama and hope of qualifying for top four and participating in the champions league
- hence invest sufficiently at the right times - especially when outside of top four
- do not invest to win things - its too risky
- don't settle for a consistent system of play to add drama, PR and fan engagement on social media
- invest in other business - property and entertainment - plough profits back (not to football) to grow club assets which also grows owner equity grows

Its an excellent business strategy for anyone else taking over a football club. Might be a great case study for business school too on leveraging on untapped value of non-traditional businesses.

How about, try to build a club/brand via good business (not committing to a never ending loss), actually get close to success (when they bought us Europe wasn't even a thought far less some grand plan to "ride on CL drama"), along the way get roosterblocked by the government at every opportunity (constant delays in planning permissions while giving West Ham and City free stadiums) and watch the league allow Chelsea, City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine make the league completely broken while still having the traditional economic powerhouses of United and Pool to compete with.

To measure ENIC, the only objective view is "who has done better" in the same time period
United, Pool, Arsenal were the original benefactors of PL & CL money and already leagues ahead when ENIC bought in
- Arsenal regardless of their possible success this season are a shadow of the Wenger era, failed to capitalize on their stadium and have been worse than us for lets say 6 out of last 7 years
- United, 2nd biggest club in the world, complete misery decade, shadow of the SAF era side, look to be on the up after wasting billions, still unlikely to win anything regularly in short term
- Pool, went into a bad run, got it sorted under Klopp (with a little luck, debt being wiped with owner change, capitalizing on Coutinho sale), probably the success story of non-cheaters, owners looking to leave now
- Notable mention here for Leeds as they were part of the top sides at initial ENIC buy in (we know how that went)
Cheaters
Chelsea & City have dominated the English game in two very different ways
- Chelsea just threw money at it, chopped and changed the minute momentum faltered, constant buying the way out of bad decisions (managers or players)
- City, much more measured approach and much more successful ultimately
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine, just joined the party, but their sheer available funds and the history of the other two show the likely outcome (they were also above us for a bit in the early ENIC years, didn't capitalize)
Investors
- Everton, >£500M in, nothing more needs to be said (this was a club that had spent a decade plus above us?)
- Leicester, investments in beyond their income, brief burst of success (really only success story of this group), have faded back to mean
- West Ham, Villa (was one we were competing with), Wolves, all some version of the same brick story, spending, a brief season or two of best of rest, back to mean

Again, I struggle to find any one that has done better, laying a success for future competitiveness that isn't just unlimited money model.

My summary, ENIC has actually done very well leveraging a sustainable model, problem is, that model doesn't work, probably can't work and no one has shown it otherwise. So if we want to compete with any regularity, we do need to change owners but I put that on the league, not ENIC and we will likely have to accept the type of owners with be unpalatable morally/ethically, and with 3 cheaters and 2nd biggest club in the world already in the mix, it's still going to be hard.

Don't think we've actually paid for Kulu yet have we?

Back