• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Finishing in the top 4 with the 6th biggest resources is massively over achieving.

I agree with this. This is also the challenge for Levy/ENIC, not just the manager.

I don't think managers have been sacked the moment they don't over achieve compared to resources.

Pochettino had a lengthy league run with lower mid table results. Showing no signs of turning around. Mourinho imo was finished, can question the timing, but he was not getting things anywhere near right.

Do you think Conte will be sacked come the summer if we finish 5th or 6th?

Arsenal have spent the last several seasons without CL football.

Having spent a massive amount of cash last Summer to priority positions it seems likely they'll sign Mudryck this January, again another key position they want to fill.

I find it hard to fathom we can't do this more often.

The recent Rule the Roost pod absolutely nails the issues and challenges we have

I remember the Chelsea 5-1 league cup win despite losing my glasses in the limbs and getting very, very drunk. The train journey hike that night was about 100 of us singing in a buffet car big enough for about 10 people…

I remember when we first got back into Europa in the Europa. It was an achievement and like winning a cup. We could go to far flung places like Germany and Spain and watch Tottenham… my photos form that era are not great but the memories are

I also remember city away and crouched goal. I smashed a glass in my own hand in the rose in town. We literally had beer going everywhere. What a night

I went to young boys away. Cost a fortune…. We lost. It was brick but hearing the CL music, what’s little hair I had started to raise up. Those games were amazing that year. I went to Madrid and Milan too and spent a relative fortune. The sound of the CL song and the kids bouncing the flag/ball thing was immense.

I was at city away in the quarter finals… never expected us to win. fudge me, what a night.

I didn’t go to Amsterdam as I promised my Nephew I’d watch the game with him. I celebrated like a mad man that night and injured myself falling into a fire place. I couldn’t sleep that night and went to work like a zombie. Everyone, and I mean everyone who knew me congratulated me on what my club had done. It was the impossible. Something I had never dreamed of. We got the final of the hardest competition in the world, the hardest way possible too.

the final was brick and I’ve never seen it back. I went to that game too and it such a pan anti climax

but those games and those moments were success. They were all upping the bar of what’s acceptable now as a level

Tottenham not in Europe now would be bloody odd and a failure

I still say if we had a few fa cups in the last ten years it wouldn’t make one jot of difference to signing players whereas CL does. Being in Europe certainly is a differentiator

now when we in the CL it doesn’t have the same shine or gloss as We have been there, seen it, done it

Cup finals when I grew up were huge events. Now they are random occasions with team I can’t remember. I know pool won the two cups last year but I can’t tell you who they played, who scored and I know their fans thought the season wasn’t a success as they were targeting the big trophies

expectations change but football has to be about the moments, the one off games that we remember, the great goals that we still talk about today.

the fans moaning about ENIC are the same fans that fans of clubs like Everton, villa, Forrest all laugh about. Those clubs would have loved to have the moments we have had in the last 20 years

I’ll also add that under ENIC we will never win the biggest trophies. The game is skewed by extreme money and unless you have it to spend you can’t win those trophies. Yes there are random anomalies, but they are as rare as a happy spurs fan

do we need owners with deeper pockets now? Yes, 100%
Do we want owners who rule a country with very very unsavoury views on many aspects of the modern world? No.
But I can’t see what the alternative is. There may be a consortium like Chelsea but that doesn’t mean that will be made up of great people.

we all know that in football if your not moving forwards every season you rapidly go backwards. Personally I just want to enjoy the ride
New keyboard for Christmas??

Great Post though. Given your track record whilst celebrating, I fear for your health if we do win something!

Having spent a massive amount of cash last Summer to priority positions it seems likely they'll sign Mudryck this January, again another key position they want to fill.

the financial report will be out soon, it will show exactly how much “spare” money the club has

There have definitely been times when we haven't strengthened when we've been at our strongest or most attractive to players.

In the case of Goons is it a case of them being debt free and genuinely having funds independently of CL or are they gambling on the income of future participation? As of now you'd say 4th is locked in, would a non doped owner look at it and ask is there really much difference economically between 1st and 2nd? For a 80m + wages commitment?
Unless they've decided to spin the wheel and this is out of next seasons budget and they will spend very little next season whether they finish first or second?

New keyboard for Christmas??

Great Post though. Given your track record whilst celebrating, I fear for your health if we do win something!
Honestly
That spell when we were top under Jose was one of the worst I’ve had watching us
The stress levels were crazy high

There have definitely been times when we haven't strengthened when we've been at our strongest or most attractive to players.

In the case of Goons is it a case of them being debt free and genuinely having funds independently of CL or are they gambling on the income of future participation? As of now you'd say 4th is locked in, would a non doped owner look at it and ask is there really much difference economically between 1st and 2nd? For a 80m + wages commitment?
Unless they've decided to spin the wheel and this is out of next seasons budget and they will spend very little next season whether they finish first or second?
Their owner has put money in for a few seasons to fund the moves.
As I’ve said a few times though their progress has come from stability this season and knowing the system
They haven’t had to change the team much at all

Their owner has put money in for a few seasons to fund the moves.
As I’ve said a few times though their progress has come from stability this season and knowing the system
They haven’t had to change the team much at all

It's also their stadium is much further along the payback cycle

Not sure why people keep missing, if you got a new higher salary this month, it doesn't mean you get to go out and buy new house & car now.

Having stadium income for over a decade is a different position from having stadium income for barely two years.

It's also their stadium is much further along the payback cycle

Not sure why people keep missing, if you got a new higher salary this month, it doesn't mean you get to go out and buy new house & car now.

Having stadium income for over a decade is a different position from having stadium income for barely two years.
But their revenue was down
So their owner has had to pump in money
Stadium being paid off helps of course

We have done the same over many seasons but the signings have not worked as we had hoped. Sanchez (Toby), Ndombele (Dembele), Lo Celso (Erikson), Emerson (Walker), Reggie (Rose), all signed for equally big money for areas to improve and ultimately have not paid off, all not cheap, all still on the books.

Our last three windows look something like £140m, £60m and £90m after sales, thats a fraction off their spending

We have done the same over many seasons but the signings have not worked as we had hoped. Sanchez (Toby), Ndombele (Dembele), Lo Celso (Erikson), Emerson (Walker), Reggie (Rose), all signed for equally big money for areas to improve and ultimately have not paid off, all not cheap, all still on the books.

Our last three windows look something like £140m, £60m and £90m after sales, thats a fraction off their spending
It's been said many times before - the idea we dont spend money is nonsense, its what we have invested the money in that is the problem. I have great confidence Paratici is changing our scouting for the better.....

Last edited:
It's been said many times before - the idea we dont send money is nonsense, its what we have invested the money in that is the problem. I have great confidence Paratici is changing our scouting for the better.....

Exactly, it's where I am most critical of Levy and Co but equally the transfer market is a minefield even on huge money spend (see chelsea)

Like you I think Fabs been a force for better and there seems more method in the madness of the market with a mix of future talent and players to go in now

Exactly, it's where I am most critical of Levy and Co but equally the transfer market is a minefield even on huge money spend (see chelsea)

Like you I think Fabs been a force for better and there seems more method in the madness of the market with a mix of future talent and players to go in now
As much as the Bentancur/Kulu ones grab the headlines, Sarr/Gil/Spence is an immense amount of talent for the future and that side of things excites me more….

It's been said many times before - the idea we dont send money is nonsense, its what we have invested the money in that is the problem. I have great confidence Paratici is changing our scouting for the better.....
It’s not even necessarily what we have invested in. A bigger problem is signing players for a manager, sacking that manager and then bringing in a new manager with a completely different style of play….

Conte likes 3 CBs and wing backs and will want to sign players to fit that. Are you confident that our manager following Conte will be a 3 CBs with wing-backs manager? I’m not particularly so.

The club had been lacking direction in our first team strategy, scouting and recruitment and youth academy for a while. Fingers crossed Paratici will be able to fix it but I think it will take some time. We can’t allow ourselves to neglect these things again the future.

It’s not even necessarily what we have invested in. A bigger problem is signing players for a manager, sacking that manager and then bringing in a new manager with a completely different style of play….

Conte likes 3 CBs and wing backs and will want to sign players to fit that. Are you confident that our manager following Conte will be a 3 CBs with wing-backs manager? I’m not particularly so.

The club had been lacking direction in our first team strategy, scouting and recruitment and youth academy for a while. Fingers crossed Paratici will be able to fix it but I think it will take some time. We can’t allow ourselves to neglect these things again the future.
I agree about the past. But I think Paratici has been flexbible - You mention wingbacks, but Spence was an attacking RB at Forest rather than a wing back and the same for Udogie who is an attacking full back who can also play wing back. Of course in an ideal world we would just recruit managers that always play the same system, but this is pretty difficult for any team to do on a regular basis. I have confidence in Paratici to cover all bases.....

Back