• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

The timing of this story about talks of external investment are a big suss for me....possibly acts as a nice distraction from the possible "ENIC out" sentiments in the fan base and also any (lack of) activity in the January Transfer market.

I'd take it more seriously if it had come out well outside either transfer window timeframes..

The timing of this story about talks of external investment are a big suss for me....possibly acts as a nice distraction from the possible "ENIC out" sentiments in the fan base and also any (lack of) activity in the January Transfer market.

I'd take it more seriously if it had come out well outside either transfer window timeframes..
The club have denied it so they are in theory distancing themselves from it
That is the opposite of distraction IMO

To what end? Give them a week or two with nobody shouting enic out? Hoping that everyone will forget there is a transfer window?

Your season tickets and sky subscription are already paid for.

To what end? Give them a week or two with nobody shouting enic out? Hoping that everyone will forget there is a transfer window?

Your season tickets and sky subscription are already paid for.

True subs are indeed already paid for; but cancellations for renewals etc can happen just as quickly.

PR means as much to ENIC as it does to any corporate body; as it did to Arsenal during that Wenger Out period. As it does to Liverpool, Man Utd etc. We are no different.
Even look at the reaction to Jamie O'Hara's Talksport/Sky rant saying "we'd gone backwards" or whatever he said.
He Basically received contact from someone at the club to basically "please stop with the public bashing"

Don't dismiss PR

The club have denied it so they are in theory distancing themselves from it
That is the opposite of distraction IMO

A lot of 'official denials' can happen but again this might only be after waters have been tested as it were...from a future PR point of view they at least have a feel for what kind of reactions such an investment would get in future if it ever materialised and can plan how to manage it then (if it was to happen).

Quite random bit of specific news for some random journalists to make up. And i think he has slightly distracted us from the window at least for a few days

A lot of 'official denials' can happen but again this might only be after waters have been tested as it were...from a future PR point of view they at least have a feel for what kind of reactions such an investment would get in future if it ever materialised and can plan how to manage it then (if it was to happen).

Quite random bit of specific news for some random journalists to make up. And i think he has slightly distracted us from the window at least for a few days

Feels like you are reaching a bit on this one

- One reporter broke the news, the usual club reporters got the shut down answer, original reporter doubled down with some facts, other reporters have basically collaborated the story now (as well as discovering QSI isn't the only party interested) from outside the club.
- Yes, it's distracting and has actually had people reconsider ENIC from a moral/ethical point of view but it's really too conspiracy theory, bit of a reach to believe the club manufactured this, cut their own reporters out, leaked some evidence of a Levy meeting to a reporter based with US media just to distract fans.
- If the club was so worried about fans, they could have trigged Porro's release clause on day 1 of window.

The club will have zero concerns about the reaction
- Have you seen Chelsea fans still singing RA's name after "finding out" about him? (this week they were chanting his name)
- Do you ever here a City fan complain?
- Did you see Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans dressed up as Saudi's?

If Levy came out tomorrow and said QSI had acquired 20% of the club and that £1B would be going into player acquisitions as part of that investment, then follow that up by a new record purchase (lets say Gvardiol) and an extension to Conte's contract, 95% of fans would be cheering, and we would get enough plastics to cover any who's conscience guided them differently. People don't fudging care mate, it's all about them, I don't want to take banter from my mates, so I don't care who we align with as long as I'm in a position to boast ..

If this comes to fruition, it will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a 'supporter'. I will always follow Spurs, but if it was just about winning trophies, i would have changed allegiances in 2003 and supported Chelsea. Of course it will be difficult to ween myself off the unhealthy drug that is THFC, but supporting a club and spending money on the club when so tightly associated with less desirable organisations, becomes much harder for me personally.

The money involved in prem footy has been putting me off for a few years anyway, and i took solace in Spurs trying to do things sustainably and the right way, but tinkling money away ala Chelsea, bricky and Poocastle isn't for me.

Not sure how a share aquirement would result in a player investment, surely they buy a small 20% stake and pay for their shares, how does that than transpire to an investment from a minority owner? Also surely you can't just put extra money into a club and spend it without it affecting the balance sheet and FFP

Not sure how a share aquirement would result in a player investment, surely they buy a small 20% stake and pay for their shares, how does that than transpire to an investment from a minority owner? Also surely you can't just put extra money into a club and spend it without it affecting the balance sheet and FFP

Enic did this summer. As of the beginning of this month ffp has been replaced with sustainability rules by uefa. Wages (first team) + amortisation + agents fees have to be less than 90% of turnover (80% next year, 70% the year after).

If this comes to fruition, it will be the final nail in the coffin for me as a 'supporter'. I will always follow Spurs, but if it was just about winning trophies, i would have changed allegiances in 2003 and supported Chelsea. Of course it will be difficult to ween myself off the unhealthy drug that is THFC, but supporting a club and spending money on the club when so tightly associated with less desirable organisations, becomes much harder for me personally.

The money involved in prem footy has been putting me off for a few years anyway, and i took solace in Spurs trying to do things sustainably and the right way, but tinkling money away ala Chelsea, bricky and Poocastle isn't for me.

Having similar thoughts tbh, I will always be a Spurs fan, my family are from the area, they're my fathers team. I seem to be having arguments with other fans in WhatsApp groups etc where they're all giddy with excitement at the possibility and it just makes me feel yucky. "this is how you compete and win trophies now" seems to be the common theme but I suppose that doesn't really influence my feelings towards Spurs, nothing wrong with that of course, it's sports.

If it came about and someday we're just another arm of the QSI Sportswashing phalanx, will I stop going or care? Probably not, that sounds like getting off crack.

People always talk about how fans of clubs in similar positions don't complain or moan about it but deep down, the fans who were at City in League 1, or on wooden benches in Division Two at Stamford Bridge before they won the Sportswash Lottery know and feel that asterisk against their success, some anyway.. maybe.

I imagine the feeling of that success much outweighs it all however. Sigh, yucky.

Because it's likely to be new shares not existing, hence the money goes to "club" vs. exisiting shareholders (as @Lilbaz said above)

Enic did this summer. As of the beginning of this month ffp has been replaced with sustainability rules by uefa. Wages (first team) + amortisation + agents fees have to be less than 90% of turnover (80% next year, 70% the year after).

Yrh but as majority owners I get it because they also benefit from later income and can manipulate things in their favour later down the line and recoup the money etc and their shares have vastly appreciated from their original price to what they sell for, so there is a huge end game for them.

Just not convinced a minority share holder would come in, pay a premium for their shares and then pump money in, of course if they cam in as owners but hard to work out what is in it for them to do it

Having similar thoughts tbh, I will always be a Spurs fan, my family are from the area, they're my fathers team. I seem to be having arguments with other fans in WhatsApp groups etc where they're all giddy with excitement at the possibility and it just makes me feel yucky. "this is how you compete and win trophies now" seems to be the common theme but I suppose that doesn't really influence my feelings towards Spurs, nothing wrong with that of course, it's sports.

If it came about and someday we're just another arm of the QSI Sportswashing phalanx, will I stop going or care? Probably not, that sounds like getting off crack.

People always talk about how fans of clubs in similar positions don't complain or moan about it but deep down, the fans who were at City in League 1, or on wooden benches in Division Two at Stamford Bridge before they won the Sportswash Lottery know and feel that asterisk against their success, some anyway.. maybe.

I imagine the feeling of that success much outweighs it all however. Sigh, yucky.

Unfortunately we are hypocrites in one way or another.

A few fans will have doubts, but that will quickly fade with any success and I actually think the long term fans will be the worse with the self justification (see City/Saudi Sportswashing Machine), i.e. I was here when we were brick, so I deserve this or my hands are somehow clean.

The game is broken, and English fans (sorry) are fudging idiots, the ESL play was some of the biggest clubs in Europe basically saying we need to find a way to manage this or we are all fudged, and the response when the corrupt FA/UEFA/BT/Sky asshats started the "we are the moral high ground and protecting the grassroots game" was everyone bought it hook, line and sinker.

I am fortunate that i feel i am able to remove/reduce Spurs from my life as i am not from the area, nor have family associated with Spurs/Tottenham. I blame Gazza and the FA Cup freekick for my affinity to Spurs. I'll start going to watch Charlton, although they are proper toilet!

A few fans will have doubts, but that will quickly fade with any success and I actually think the long term fans will be the worse with the self justification (see City/Saudi Sportswashing Machine), i.e. I was here when we were brick, so I deserve this or my hands are somehow clean.

The game is broken, and English fans (sorry) are fudging idiots, the ESL play was some of the biggest clubs in Europe basically saying we need to find a way to manage this or we are all fudged, and the response when the corrupt FA/UEFA/BT/Sky asshats started the "we are the moral high ground and protecting the grassroots game" was everyone bought it hook, line and sinker.

Agreed.

I look back at those Poch years and just wish so fudging much that we got the job done in one of those seasons or that fudging final, I think I would feel a bit different if we did.

If Spurs get investment from Qatar, great. Not sure it would influence much but might just bump up our transfer budget so that we can buy top class players. Greaves was - I think - a record signing. If we want to win and bring back some REAL glory-glory nights, then we need more top players like Bale, Modric. Buying "potential" is very hit and miss, Sessegnon being a case in point.

all of a sudden people care about morals in football. I mean, the entire sport is run by people taking care of themselves (Infantino etc). Sure, we would like it to be different, but it isn't and won't be. Saudi Arabia owns Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If it aint us, it'll just be someone else.

Anyone keen to invest in players for the club, fine by me. We already pay the higest tickets in the League. And for that, we too often get 'potential' signings.

Football doesn't hold the same grip for me as it is and it's only any affiliation to Spurs that keeps me watching at the weekend or on this forum. But with the likes of City, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea the PL handling of Terry and Suarez racism etc and things like VAR amongst other things the game just doesn't hold deep like it did.

Any move to sell to someone like Saudi, Qatar or the like for the quick home run would certainly been it for me, success has never been the driving factor for me and the community, being with mates, the buzz of going to games away certainly were. Success by any means just has never been a driver for me in support and I had a relatively fair non league career as a player which gave me my fill of football from an achievement to my pretty limited ability side of things

As I said previously i wouldnt judge those that do and would keep tickets for my son to make his own choices which I am big on

Last edited:
all of a sudden people care about morals in football. I mean, the entire sport is run by people taking care of themselves (Infantino etc). Sure, we would like it to be different, but it isn't and won't be. Saudi Arabia owns Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If it aint us, it'll just be someone else.

Anyone keen to invest in players for the club, fine by me. We already pay the higest tickets in the League. And for that, we too often get 'potential' signings.

This x 1,000.

Back