• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I'd prefer they didn't have a stake but at the end of the day I'm not going to stop supporting the team, I was there long before them and will probably be there long after them. My affiliation is to the club and team not the owners.

Boycott. Boycott sponsors. Protest. Shame them. Hound them out.

I would say that there are good enough sources now saying that they have met to take it at face value - where it goes from here is anyones guess.

Naming rights for the stadium is something that doesn't seem to have cropped up - that would be much more acceptable than a takeover or minority stake
They're both also on the European Club Association board, could be something to do with that. Other possibilities than buying a stake.

Personally I'm holding out for Iran to come in. Imagine Ayatollah Khamenei sat up presiding over us from the west stand

Hahah, would love people justifying that "well he oversees a developing country, even the UK treated its women badly once upon a time"

OIP.GOu0-FHcI02Uo6BGyd011gHaEc

The best case scenario is they buy into Tottenham Hotspur property holdings … or whatever that’s called
That way it’s separate to the playing side and very much one why Quatar seem to well in London, but property and make it more valuable
It won’t be better for the locals as it would be gentrification but it would give the club more money indirectly

The meltdown if we get external investment - and it goes straight into the property subsidiary!

Levy will meet with anyone serious about investing, its the respectful and sensible thing to do, even if he thinks it's not the proper way forward for the club.
He will listen and politely say thanks, but no thanks.

Well it's interesting, here's a few facts

- We do know Levy has asked Lewis two or three times for additional investment, Summer was really the first yes (the £150M)
- The chairman of PSG, the guy leading this conversation for Qatar is on the same UEFA club board as Levy (so they would have clearly talked several times before)

Now it's been reported that they have met (maybe twice?) specifically on the topic of minority investment, QSI (Quatar's investment group) has indicated they want to invest in the PL

Levy may not get a better chance to get a cash injection into the club at a decent time, with an investor that may not necessarily be looking for either full control or return on investment.

We all (as last few pages have shown) have different opinions on if that's the route we would like, from a pure business perspective it may be very hard to say no.

- We do know Levy has asked Lewis two or three times for additional investment, Summer was really the first yes (the £150M)
- The chairman of PSG, the guy leading this conversation for Qatar is on the same UEFA club board as Levy (so they would have clearly talked several times before)

Now it's been reported that they have met (maybe twice?) specifically on the topic of minority investment, QSI (Quatar's investment group) has indicated they want to invest in the PL

Levy may not get a better chance to get a cash injection into the club at a decent time, with an investor that may not necessarily be looking for either full control or return on investment.

We all (as last few pages have shown) have different opinions on if that's the route we would like, from a pure business perspective it may be very hard to say no.

If you dance with the devil, then you haven't got a clue, for you think you'll change the devil, but the devil changes you

I'd prefer they didn't have a stake but at the end of the day I'm not going to stop supporting the team, I was there long before them and will probably be there long after them. My affiliation is to the club and team not the owners.

My views also. My loyalties are to the club, not ENIC. And as much as I root for the players, they also come and go. I’d still be surprised if this comes to fruition. We’ve been linked with new ownership before and it’s turned out to be nothing more than rumours.

Sorry for being thick but what does this all mean away from the politics? Does it mean we will have a LOT more money to spend on transfers?

Sorry for being thick but what does this all mean away from the politics? Does it mean we will have a LOT more money to spend on transfers?
It means that our new overlord will demand we start next season with a front 3 of ronaldo (rapey), ronaldo (chipmonk) and higuain, because they were his 3 favourite players growing up playing Madrid on FM

This Emir guy does literally fund Hamas doesn't he?

Also, he's the guy Kane tried to protest about with the rainbow armband. That could be an awkward situation.

Let's not get into hamas and the zionist Israel itself bring a terrorist state.

The armband situation is about the country and its own ethics and its allowed to have whatever laws that govern the country. Myself, you or anyone else may not agree with it personally as is our right.

Let's not just follow what the west in general do, which is impose their rhetoric on others. Could you imagine their football forums saying what scum we are for not doing things according to their standards of living.

Being unaccepting of other nations intolerance is not a bad thing. This isn't just a business from Qatar, it's the Qatari governments (Royal family ?) investment group themselves so directly linked to the people who choose to persecute minority groups.

Last edited:
Let's not get into hamas and the zionist Israel itself bring a terrorist state.

The armband situation is about the country and its own ethics and its allowed to have whatever laws that govern the country. Myself, you or anyone else may not agree with it personally as is our right.

Let's not just follow what the west in general do, which is impose their rhetoric on others. Could you imagine their football forums saying what scum we are for not doing things according to their standards of living.

Yes I could imagine that.

Criticism of "the West" for being more accepting towards LGBTQ people is rather common I think.

Depends on if one thinks there are better or worse answers to these ethical issues. Is it better to be accepting of gay people? Is it better to have gay marriage?

That's not to say there isn't plenty of criticism towards "the west" that's reasonable and accurate. Let's not shy away from that either.

Yes I could imagine that.

Criticism of "the West" for being more accepting towards LGBTQ people is rather common I think.

Depends on if one thinks there are better or worse answers to these ethical issues. Is it better to be accepting of gay people? Is it better to have gay marriage?

That's not to say there isn't plenty of criticism towards "the west" that's reasonable and accurate. Let's not shy away from that either.

In a perfect world ....

As we all know levy is very protective of the clubs reputation and standing, he will sound out many varying opinions before taking on investment.
Its not good for the clubs reputation to say anything other than thanks, but no thanks. Assuming of course that levy thinks the same as the majority in here. He may not.

However, i can't see levy rebuffing someone out of hand, especially when they are involved with another club and one that we will be dealing with on transfers at some point. They are a reputable organisation and deserve the courtesy of at least being listened to, at the moment that's all I personally would read into it.

Another scenario maybe not being considered is that levy possibly sees it as an opportunity to leverage some money from lewis.
Not being at all versed in high finance i could be talking out my arse there.

Wasn't there rumours spurs were trying to get the saudis to redevelop the area after the riots? There is the big planning land lease development going through at the moment that spurs speem against. Could be something other than investment in the club.

Back