• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I don't think what Ade did at City was particularly bad at all. He wasn't given playing time and wanted to leave, big whoop. We see the same all the time. At Arsenal he forced a move, sure, wasn't as bad as what Dempsey did at Fulham imo, I don't see anyone calling him a clown shoe.

The Togo and ACN story I think you have wrong. It was made quite clear at the time that he was suspending his international career because of an issue between the players and the (incompetent) Togolese FA. As their captain and biggest star he was standing by the rest of the players as their FA was trying to screw them out of bonuses etc. Probably not big money to Ade, but probably substantial money to some of the other players in the squad. It was always very likely that he would return to the team and play.

We don't know the details about why he didn't return in time for the Friday training. He could very well be fined for that, that happens. Your reaction seems way over the top.

Yes he's probably fairly selfish, along with the vast majority of football players. He has given quite a lot back to his native land, it's been reported that he donates quite a bit of his wages to various charities etc. He probably cares more about Togo than about Spurs, I can live with that.

Edit: One more thing, if you're really complaining about or making light of Ade making an issue about safety when playing for Togo at the ACN you deserve as much of a rant in your direction as the one you just aimed at Ade. Makes it very difficult to take you seriously and makes you look like a troll in my eyes.

=D>

Good , at least a fine . He better come with a good excuse or a sincere apology for not returning . And he better start to play football again (I don't know what he has been doing this year but it ain't football) .

I was maby a tad harsh , but that kind of behaviour really bugs me , and in his interview he just looked so full of himself after very mediocre display at a poor tournament with average teams .

Get your brick together Ade -

Good , at least a fine . He better come with a good excuse or a sincere apology for not returning . And he better start to play football again (I don't know what he has been doing this year but it ain't football) .

I was maby a tad harsh , but that kind of behaviour really bugs me , and in his interview he just looked so full of himself after very mediocre display at a poor tournament with average teams .

Get your brick together Ade -

How many games has he played for Spurs this year?

W***er. About that there is no doubt.

Trouble is we need him at the top of his game for at least the remainder of the season.

A real dilemma for AVB

Late Ade cops £160,000 fine

TOTTENHAM are set to fine Emmanuel Adebayor £160,000 for returning late from the African Nations Cup.
The Togo striker was meant to report back at 3pm on Friday.
But he did not arrive in London until 6pm, despite his country getting knocked out of the tournament in South Africa on Sunday.
And even then Spurs had to send a private jet to bring back the £80,000-a-week star.
Adebayor appeared as a sub against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday but will still be fined a fortnight’s wages.
Boss Andre Villas-Boas confirmed: “We sent a jet to get him.
“He was authorised to come back on Friday but some issues arose that put that comeback in jeopardy.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-Adebayor-cop-160000-fine-for-being-late.html

---------------------------------

Not sure how Adebayor will react to being fined, if it is true as reported. Will he get fired up to prove his worth or will he get upset and go missing further ?

TOTTENHAM are set to fine Emmanuel Adebayor £160,000 for returning late from the African Nations Cup.
But he did not arrive in London until 6pm, despite his country getting knocked out of the tournament in South Africa on Sunday.
And even then Spurs had to send a private jet to bring back the £80,000-a-week star.
Adebayor appeared as a sub against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on Saturday but will still be fined a fortnight’s wages.
“He was authorised to come back on Friday but some issues arose that put that comeback in jeopardy.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-Adebayor-cop-160000-fine-for-being-late.html

---------------------------------

Not sure how Adebayor will react to being fined, if it is true as reported. Will he get fired up to prove his worth or will he get upset and go missing further ?

So who told The Sun he was to be fined? Sounds like a guess to me.

So who told The Sun he was to be fined? Sounds like a guess to me.

But I am sure AVB will want to punish him in someway. If Adebayor does not get punished, it might lead to indiscipline among other players. But is Adebayor really on 80,000 a week salary ? Thought we have a salary cap of around 60,000 a week ?

I wonder how much sending a private jet to South Africa and back costs?

Must be into five figures, unless of course they just borrowed Joe's (assuming he's got one).

I wish one day someone would send a jet to get me.

of course we all care about the larger issues. but now's not the time to get into the details simply because there's just not enough evidence.

AVB has already said that Spurs will no longer be speaking publicly about this. So if we're to talk about it at all, it's now or never. The fact that AVB said that he would be demanding an explanation from Ade for his failure to attend even one training session last week speaks volumes. AVB is keeping his counsel in public. I doubt that he will be so reserved in private.

- ade must have some real issue/personal crisis to do something like this

Have to say that, from what we know of Ade's past form, I don't believe that he needs a compelling reason to behave like this at all.

- AVB is sympathetic and allows him time off

It is clear from what AVB said over the past week that Ade was originally expected back in time for Thursday's 3pm training session. When it became obvious that that was not going to happen, AVB gave him permission to return in time for Friday's 3pm training session instead. That's not to say that AVB was happy with that. And it's even less likely that AVB was happy that Ade failed even to turn up for Friday's training session.

- the club is supportive and offers him their private jet

Out of frustration and sheer desperation to have our only available striker in the squad for Saturday's crucial game? Outrageous that it should have come to that.

- since verts and bae didn't play and ade did... looks like ade is OK

I don't understand what you're getting at, mate. For starters, we have proper options at left back and centre back. We don't have such an option up front. More importantly, the fact that neither Benny nor Verts were picked to start is irrelevant, IMO. The real point is that they (along with Naughton and Caulker) were present at training when they were supposed to be - which gave the manager options as to who to pick in his starting XI. The same cannot be said of Ade.

- plus he got an assist for bale, AVB vindicated.

Assist is stretching it somewhat but I'm happy to accept that Ade played decently, if not spectacularly well. When he came on, we instantly looked a better, more rounded unit. It demonstrated just how important it was for us to have a proper striker on the pitch - which only makes it all the more galling that our only available, proper striker went AWOL for the latter half of the preceding week and was therefore only ready to start from the bench.

Last edited:
But I am sure AVB will want to punish him in someway. If Adebayor does not get punished, it might lead to indiscipline among other players. But is Adebayor really on 80,000 a week salary ? Thought we have a salary cap of around 60,000 a week ?

We've never had a cap on the wages for a single player, it's about the squad in total. Right now we probably have Bale and Ade on close to £80K. Trimming the squad for surplus players allows us to pay the best players more.

We've never had a cap on the wages for a single player, it's about the squad in total. Right now we probably have Bale and Ade on close to £80K. Trimming the squad for surplus players allows us to pay the best players more.

In Ade's case, I believe that he was also paid a hefty signing on fee which, if it was spread over the duration of his contract contract, would probably add a further £20K + per week to his earnings.

Back