• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

AVB has handled this well.
If this had of happened under our last manager the press would have a week full of quotes about Ade.
Ade's reputation would be in tatters and we would have no chance of offloading him in the summer.

If this had of happened under our last manager the press would have a week full of quotes about Ade.
Ade's reputation would be in tatters and we would have no chance of offloading him in the summer.

GIGGS+DON'T+GO+THERE+1.jpg

I don't think what Ade did at City was particularly bad at all. He wasn't given playing time and wanted to leave, big whoop. We see the same all the time. At Arsenal he forced a move, sure, wasn't as bad as what Dempsey did at Fulham imo, I don't see anyone calling him a clown shoe.

The Togo and ACN story I think you have wrong. It was made quite clear at the time that he was suspending his international career because of an issue between the players and the (incompetent) Togolese FA. As their captain and biggest star he was standing by the rest of the players as their FA was trying to screw them out of bonuses etc. Probably not big money to Ade, but probably substantial money to some of the other players in the squad. It was always very likely that he would return to the team and play.

We don't know the details about why he didn't return in time for the Friday training. He could very well be fined for that, that happens. Your reaction seems way over the top.

Yes he's probably fairly selfish, along with the vast majority of football players. He has given quite a lot back to his native land, it's been reported that he donates quite a bit of his wages to various charities etc. He probably cares more about Togo than about Spurs, I can live with that.

Edit: One more thing, if you're really complaining about or making light of Ade making an issue about safety when playing for Togo at the ACN you deserve as much of a rant in your direction as the one you just aimed at Ade. Makes it very difficult to take you seriously and makes you look like a troll in my eyes.

Great post.

I wonder how much sending a private jet to South Africa and back costs?

Must be into five figures, unless of course they just borrowed Joe's (assuming he's got one).

Surely sending a private jet just means they chartered a plane? It's just an ostentatious soundbite.

getting Adebayor in the form of last season for the remainder of this one would be like having a new signing in many ways and would be a massive boost for us going in to the run in

Holtby coming in to the side and the slight change in formation to something more similar to last season should help him rekindle his form - reckon he'll be making a few people eat their words come the end of the season ;)

getting Adebayor in the form of last season for the remainder of this one would be like having a new signing in many ways and would be a massive boost for us going in to the run in

Holtby coming in to the side and the slight change in formation to something more similar to last season should help him rekindle his form - reckon he'll be making a few people eat their words come the end of the season ;)

I hope you are right. But I still hope Defoe regains his fitness in time for the North London Derby. Ade gets too pumped up whenever he plays them. He's got at least 2-3 games with Defoe out to start making up for a poor season overall.

I can't see it happening - he's so out of form it will take more than a poke in to turn him into a top three or four challenging striker. Its amazing that with two of the best wingers in the league our centre forwards can be so ineffective.

Utterly ridiculous that we've let this happen for two seasons running.

I can't see it happening - he's so out of form it will take more than a poke in to turn him into a top three or four challenging striker. Its amazing that with two of the best wingers in the league our centre forwards can be so ineffective.

why not?

with all eyes on bale and defoe out, new boy holtby capable of pulling a few surprises, i'd say that circumstances favour ade to get a goal.
and sometimes that's all you need to get a hot streak going.

My mate and I were literally saying exactly this a couple of hours ago...

Sorry, let what happen for two seasons running?

why not?

with all eyes on bale and defoe out, new boy holtby capable of pulling a few surprises, i'd say that circumstances favour ade to get a goal.
and sometimes that's all you need to get a hot streak going.

His performances all season have been poor, I just can't see him turning it around in the next crucial couple of months.

Ade needs to get his head straight, AVB has a job on his hands, and we need him to show his man management skills here. We need a firing Ade to take us on top securing a top 4 place. I liked the Ade that spoke before he signed for us. Seemed really mature, and I thought any controversial episodes were behind him. Still he's a very good player and I'm confident he will show it soon.

Back