• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I agree that they're good but maybe we need something a bit better. Look at our goals scored at home this season, we're ten behind almost all our rivals. This blame lands mainly on Adebayor's shoulders in my opinion.

Injuries are always going to play a part along with the ACN which meant that Levy must have been willing to take a large gamble sticking with what we have.

I'd rather we weren't gambling with top four aspirations.

I agree that they're good but maybe we need something a bit better. Look at our goals scored at home this season, we're ten behind almost all our rivals. This blame lands mainly on Adebayor's shoulders in my opinion.

Injuries are always going to play a part along with the ACN which meant that Levy must have been willing to take a large gamble sticking with what we have.

I'd rather we weren't gambling with top four aspirations.

But look at the goals we have scored away from home, only United and Chelsea have scored more than us away from home. I think it is more down to how we are playing rather then the lack of an on form striker.

Funnily enough Ade's best two performances this season have come against his old club. I thought Ade was good against City and for the time he was on the pitch against Arsenal too. We have Arsenal coming up soon, I wonder if Ade will show up!!

Funnily enough Ade's best two performances this season have come against his old club. I thought Ade was good against City and for the time he was on the pitch against Arsenal too. We have Arsenal coming up soon, I wonder if Ade will show up!!

I hope Defoe plays in that game. The last thing we want is Ade being too pumped up and losing his head again.

Jurgen - do you think he deserved to get sent off at The Emirates?

i thought he was the right level of 'pumped' for that game and a smarter ref (or one that isn't a complete idiot) would not have been sending him off.

i hope he starts and is similarly pumped this time around also, but also hope we get a ref with a bit of common sense

i thought he was the right level of 'pumped' for that game and a smarter ref (or one that isn't a complete idiot) would not have been sending him off.

i hope he starts and is similarly pumped this time around also, but also hope we get a ref with a bit of common sense

Studs up, late lunging tackle which he is not in control of. I can't see why that wouldn't be a red card. The ref made the right call.

Why would a 'smart' ref have made a different decision?

early on in a NLD - it was a poorly timed tackle but there was no intention there and we have seen and will continue to see similar tackles early on in games without red cards being shown. a yellow card and a stern warning would have been enough considering the circumstances

He needs more than a goal.

There exist a specific set of circumstances under which I can see him returning to the form of old.

Firstly, he must score at least a brace, possibly a hat-trick, in a game.
Secondly, those goals must be decisive (i.e, we win that game 3-2, or 2-1).
Thirdly, that game must be at home.
Fourthly, the fans must cheer on his every touch after the first goal goes in.
Fifthly, his team-mates must celebrate with him as they do with Gareth Bale when he scores.
Sixthly, AVB and his team-mates must come out after the game and shower him with praises, 'unplayable' and 'made the difference' being two descriptions that must be bandied around.

Under these circumstances, I can see both his confidence and his enthusiasm returning to some degree, and that's likely to start a snowball effect which could potentially lift his season from disastrous to devastating.

One goal in off his arse from a corner isn't going to cut it.

early on in a NLD - it was a poorly timed tackle but there was no intention there and we have seen and will continue to see similar tackles early on in games without red cards being shown. a yellow card and a stern warning would have been enough considering the circumstances

Which game it is should make zero difference. That is what starts to get the 'smaller' teams feeling like the 'bigger' teams get the decisions in their favour.

The time in a game should also make zero difference. Why would it? A red card in the first five minutes should be met with the same red card should the same incident occur in the last five minutes. The referees are not there to try and make sure a game stays competitive or entertaining, they are there to make sure the game is played fairly.

I have zero complaints about Adebayor's sending off, just as i would be clamouring for an opponent to be sent off if they did the same thing, whenever it occurred during the match. Just as i would bet you would, or any fans of a team that have something like that against them.

We will continue to see similar tackles without red cards being shown yes, and the solution is to give them the red card the tackle deserves, because then the players will stop doing the stupid tackles such as this.

Edit: People spend a lot of time bemoaning that referees are inconsistent, and you are currently saying that they should be inconsistent?

Last edited:
He needs more than a goal.

There exist a specific set of circumstances under which I can see him returning to the form of old.

Firstly, he must score at least a brace, possibly a hat-trick, in a game.
Secondly, those goals must be decisive (i.e, we win that game 3-2, or 2-1).
Thirdly, that game must be at home.
Fourthly, the fans must cheer on his every touch after the first goal goes in.
Fifthly, his team-mates must celebrate with him as they do with Gareth Bale when he scores.
Sixthly, AVB and his team-mates must come out after the game and shower him with praises, 'unplayable' and 'made the difference' being two descriptions that must be bandied around.

Under these circumstances, I can see both his confidence and his enthusiasm returning to some degree, and that's likely to start a snowball effect which could potentially lift his season from disastrous to devastating.

One goal in off his arse from a corner isn't going to cut it.
I can see this happening.

I think one goal will do, but it will be something a bit special. Something to give him confidence and feel like he's doing the right things and they're working.

Edit: People spend a lot of time bemoaning that referees are inconsistent, and you are currently saying that they should be inconsistent?

that's all well and good what you have said there Spursalot but like i said given the circumstances i feel it should have been a yellow card - which i do not see as being inconsistent from the referee's perspective

Last edited:

Yes he deserved the red card. You could make a case that he may have got away with a yellow card at the lane, but I think any ref would have bowed to the pressure as the scum crowd hate Adebayor and were baying for a red card.

Which game it is should make zero difference. That is what starts to get the 'smaller' teams feeling like the 'bigger' teams get the decisions in their favour.

The time in a game should also make zero difference. Why would it? A red card in the first five minutes should be met with the same red card should the same incident occur in the last five minutes. The referees are not there to try and make sure a game stays competitive or entertaining, they are there to make sure the game is played fairly.

I have zero complaints about Adebayor's sending off, just as i would be clamouring for an opponent to be sent off if they did the same thing, whenever it occurred during the match. Just as i would bet you would, or any fans of a team that have something like that against them.

We will continue to see similar tackles without red cards being shown yes, and the solution is to give them the red card the tackle deserves, because then the players will stop doing the stupid tackles such as this.

I was going to respond to Billy along the same lines of what you have written here. I completely agree. Lee Cattermole should have been sent off against the scum on Saturday, he only got a yellow because it was in the 2nd minute, but as you say, if that same tackle was committed 50 minutes later, it would have been a red card. I don't like the fact that the first 10-20 minutes of games are a complete free for all as players know they can get away with giving an opposition player a good kicking and get away with. How many times have we seen Bale get a good whack early on so he knows he's in a game?! It's a stupid unwritten law of football.

Back