• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Well AVB said himself that Ade was expect back in training by "Thursday or Friday". His words not mine. We got lucky that Bale got us out of trouble again. Going into any premier league game without a striker in the starting 11 is very, very risky.

What was Mancini meant to do? Play Rodwell ahead of Toure?

But still, Thursday or Friday is still a couple of days later than he would be back if we rushed him back straight away. Pointing towards maybe we gave him some time perhaps?

He could have played Rodwell, but more likely he could have played Milner alongside Barry like he has been doing for at least some of the games Toure has been at the ACN.

But still, Thursday or Friday is still a couple of days later than he would be back if we rushed him back straight away. Pointing towards maybe we gave him some time perhaps?

He could have played Rodwell, but more likely he could have played Milner alongside Barry like he has been doing for at least some of the games Toure has been at the ACN.

If we had Defoe, them I would agree. But we've been over this, he is our only fit and available striker, what other choice do we have? Dempsey works hard, but is not a forward. He doesn't attack the 6 yard box enough, which is what Bale is crying out for our forwards to do. And it's hardly like Adebayor should be exhausted, if anything, he should be fresher than most of our players as he hasn't played as many minutes.

If we had Defoe, them I would agree. But we've been over this, he is our only fit and available striker, what other choice do we have? Dempsey works hard, but is not a forward. He doesn't attack the 6 yard box enough, which is what Bale is crying out for our forwards to do. And it's hardly like Adebayor should be exhausted, if anything, he should be fresher than most of our players as he hasn't played as many minutes.

And again I point you towards Yaya Toure as an example of a player who came back from the ACN and did look exhausted. 4 games in two weeks (or less) on bumpy pitches, the mental strain that I think goes with an international tournament like that, it's not easy.

We have been over this yes, and I still think Dempsey can play as a forward. That cross that Bale put in early today Dempsey was 20cm away from tucking away, he did attack the 6 yard box. I've seen both Ade and Defoe (as well as Crouch and Pav) be further away from situations like that quite often actually.

And again I point you towards Yaya Toure as an example of a player who came back from the ACN and did look exhausted. 4 games in two weeks (or less) on bumpy pitches, the mental strain that I think goes with an international tournament like that, it's not easy.

We have been over this yes, and I still think Dempsey can play as a forward. That cross that Bale put in early today Dempsey was 20cm away from tucking away, he did attack the 6 yard box. I've seen both Ade and Defoe (as well as Crouch and Pav) be further away from situations like that quite often actually.

And again, according to City fans, Yaya has been brick all season. Today's performance was merely a continuation of that form. There's no evidence to suggest that he played badly today because of his involvement in the ACN. Gareth Barry was also utter brick today. But he hasn't been anywhere.

Oh, and by the way, Yaya joined the Ivory Coast squad at the beginning of January - since when he's played four matches. In that time, Emirates Marketing Project have played six matches. So I don't think that we can say that he's especially tired. Sure, some of his games have been on bumpy pitches. But some of City's games have been on heavy, leg sapping, English midwinter pitches.

Toure has played more minutes overall this season than Ade and generally works harder, hence why he is tired.

Dempsey CAN play up front, doesn't mean he is good up there and I would prefer a striker playing in that position. Don't you think AVB would have publically ruled him out if he thought Ade was too tired or not in the right frame of mind to play?
Everything AVB said this week suggested that Adebayor would play a part in the game today, and yes I do think he would have started if he had returned earlier.

And again, according to City fans, Yaya has been brick all season. Today's performance was merely a continuation of that form. There's no evidence to suggest that he played badly today because of his involvement in the ACN. Gareth Barry was also utter brick today. But he hasn't been anywhere.

Oh, and by the way, Yaya joined the Ivory Coast squad at the beginning of January - since when he's played four matches. In that time, Emirates Marketing Project have played six matches. So I don't think that we can say that he's especially tired. Sure, some of his games have been on bumpy pitches. But some of City's games have been on heavy, leg sapping, English midwinter pitches.

Ivory Coast's games at the ACN:

22nd Jan
26th Jan
30th Jan
3rd Feb

That's 4 games in 12 days. City's schedule hasn't been that tough. And again, I do think there's something a little bit different about an international tournament than regular league games. I haven't really followed the ACN this season, but I'm guessing that Yaya Toure hasn't been rotated much, while City probably have been rotating most of their players in their fixtures.

I'm not sure about "brick all season" by the way. I have seen some City games where he's been much better than he was today.

Toure has played more minutes overall this season than Ade and generally works harder, hence why he is tired.

Dempsey CAN play up front, doesn't mean he is good up there and I would prefer a striker playing in that position. Don't you think AVB would have publically ruled him out if he thought Ade was too tired or not in the right frame of mind to play?
Everything AVB said this week suggested that Adebayor would play a part in the game today, and yes I do think he would have started if he had returned earlier.

So you don't think the 4 games in 12 days, including the last game that went to extra time as the captain and talisman for his nation might have been exhausting both physically and mentally?

I don't think there's much chance that AVB would have publicly ruled him out if he wasn't available. Generally he seems to shut up about what players are or aren't available before a game to leave the opponents guessing. This has been the case with injuries throughout the season, and of course with rotation of players that have been playing a lot.

He did play a part in the game today.

He made a big difference when he came on today, we had a forward who could hold the ball up and give bale the space and time to exploit Saudi Sportswashing Machine back line.

Ivory Coast's games at the ACN:

22nd Jan
26th Jan
30th Jan
3rd Feb

That's 4 games in 12 days. City's schedule hasn't been that tough. And again, I do think there's something a little bit different about an international tournament than regular league games. I haven't really followed the ACN this season, but I'm guessing that Yaya Toure hasn't been rotated much, while City probably have been rotating most of their players in their fixtures.

I'm not sure about "brick all season" by the way. I have seen some City games where he's been much better than he was today.

1. Agreed that there is something different about an international tournament. Different......but not necessarily more tiring or more pressurised. And there could also be something to say for the adage that a change is as good as a rest.

2. Four games in 12 days is a slightly tighter schedule than City's four games in 15 days (from 19th Jan to 3rd Feb). But in Ade's and Spurs' case (and that's what we're really talking about here, after all), it was the difference between four games in a tad over 12 days and four games in a tad under 14 days. Not such a huge difference, really.

3. I think we have to give Southampton under Pochettino a bit more credit. They've been playing very well and with such high energy since he arrived. Superb pressing of the ball. They even made Utd look like mugs at Old Trafford. So it wasn't just that Yaya was playing especially badly today. Plenty of other City players couldn't get to grips with today's game either. And they haven't been away.

So you don't think the 4 games in 12 days, including the last game that went to extra time as the captain and talisman for his nation might have been exhausting both physically and mentally?

I don't think there's much chance that AVB would have publicly ruled him out if he wasn't available. Generally he seems to shut up about what players are or aren't available before a game to leave the opponents guessing. This has been the case with injuries throughout the season, and of course with rotation of players that have been playing a lot.

He did play a part in the game today.

Possibly, but we are at a critical stage of the season and we need everyone who is available and fit. If our game was in Wednesday then I would agree it would have been too soon.

Shock horror! He is a tosser, everyone knew this before we bought him.

Gladly see him sit on the bench next season whilst out new star striker runs amok. 8-[

He made a big difference when he came on today, we had a forward who could hold the ball up and give bale the space and time to exploit Saudi Sportswashing Machine back line.

Yes, I thought he looked quite 'up for it' when he came on. Not sure if a few booed when he came, hope I am wrong.

So the one striker we have now, who potentially can bring the best out of some of our more fustrating attacking midfielders was booed when he came on?

Well, perhaps they'd prefer he just doesn't play at all now whilst we get overtaken by our top four place to rivals who have more firepower than us

Some people :rolleyes:

Back