• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Considering we are either unable to find good strikers or are unable to afford the ones we do want, I don't think selling one of our two strikers, especially when the other is 30, patchy and doesn't like sitting on the bench is a good idea. It would only make our job twice as hard.

Sorry Hoot but this is laughable - there is aa lot of conjecture about what has happened but one thing remains consistent - respect. If a play disrespects his team mates, fans and club including Manager then as far as I'm concerned the **** can fudge off. This is not limited to Ade but any other player. Its more than about playing its about morals and values etc.

We cannot let our lack of strikers etc blind how players should be acting in a professional sense.

I don't know what happened like I say but too many fudgein people are forgetting about morals etc. Anyways whatever.

Sorry Hoot but this is laughable - there is aa lot of conjecture about what has happened but one thing remains consistent - respect. If a play disrespects his team mates, fans and club including Manager then as far as I'm concerned the **** can fudge off. This is not limited to Ade but any other player. Its more than about playing its about morals and values etc.

We cannot let our lack of strikers etc blind how players should be acting in a professional sense.

I don't know what happened like I say but too many fudgein people are forgetting about morals etc. Anyways whatever.

What exactly is laughable? I'm not making a comment on Adebayor's ability or professionalism.

What I do know is that since we sold Berbatov, we have had 9 transfer windows and close to 5 years to replace him. We have, in that time, bought Defoe, Campbell, Keane, Pav, Saha, Crouch, Gudjhonson and Adebayor. We currently have 2 strikers in the squad (none of this crap about how Dempsey is a striker, he can play there but he isn't), the only club in the league to do so.

So either we're terrible at scouting strikers or we are being silly and going after strikers we can never afford and who would never come to us. Considering how well we've managed to replace Berbatov over the past 5 years, do you have any real confidence in the club to buy not just 1 striker but 2? With the possibility that Defoe's time with us is soon coming to an end too? I'm not sure I do.

What exactly is laughable? I'm not making a comment on Adebayor's ability or professionalism.

What I do know is that since we sold Berbatov, we have had 9 transfer windows and close to 5 years to replace him. We have, in that time, bought Defoe, Campbell, Keane, Pav, Saha, Crouch, Gudjhonson and Adebayor. We currently have 2 strikers in the squad (none of this crap about how Dempsey is a striker, he can play there but he isn't), the only club in the league to do so.

So either we're terrible at scouting strikers or we are being silly and going after strikers we can never afford and who would never come to us. Considering how well we've managed to replace Berbatov over the past 5 years, do you have any real confidence in the club to buy not just 1 striker but 2? With the possibility that Defoe's time with us is soon coming to an end too? I'm not sure I do.

Sorry should have been clearer - HE is laughable not you although some seem to come across (maybe im reading it incorrectly) as so blaze about it.

I like Ade as a player (when he wants to play) BUT I am one of those who want players to show respect to us fans and that is through their conduct etc. Look I pay £900 a season plus a brickload more to get there etc and the least us fans want are players to put their all - after all they all earn a brickload of money more in a week than most earn in a year.

Youre argument digress from the point about Adebayor however I agree regarding our inability to buy a striker puts us in this position where we are 'beggars' i.e. we can get trampled on by players knowing full well we have no choice. Its taking advantage of the situation.

Gave us a genuine outlet when he came on - no surprise we looked better in the final third either. Another game or two and he'll be back on track fo sho

Sorry should have been clearer - HE is laughable not you although some seem to come across (maybe im reading it incorrectly) as so blaze about it.

I like Ade as a player (when he wants to play) BUT I am one of those who want players to show respect to us fans and that is through their conduct etc. Look I pay £900 a season plus a brickload more to get there etc and the least us fans want are players to put their all - after all they all earn a brickload of money more in a week than most earn in a year.

Youre argument digress from the point about Adebayor however I agree regarding our inability to buy a striker puts us in this position where we are 'beggars' i.e. we can get trampled on by players knowing full well we have no choice. Its taking advantage of the situation.

Ah ok, fair enough. Hopefully he starts picking up soon either way, we need him big time in the coming months.

Lets hope AVB plays him in the next two games v Lyon so that by the time of our next league game, he might be back on form

Considering we are either unable to find good strikers or are unable to afford the ones we do want, I don't think selling one of our two strikers, especially when the other is 30, patchy and doesn't like sitting on the bench is a good idea. It would only make our job twice as hard.

Well obviously I would hope we would replace him. Goes without saying I wouldn't wanna sell him and get no one in return.

Gave us a genuine outlet when he came on - no surprise we looked better in the final third either. Another game or two and he'll be back on track fo sho

I really hope you are right. He's going to get plenty of opportunities in the next few weeks, no excuses, he's got to deliver.

I really hope you are right. He's going to get plenty of opportunities in the next few weeks, no excuses, he's got to deliver.

I imagine the club will look at how he behaves over the next few weeks to see what they are going to do in the summer. For once arsenal and city fans were right, we were warned about him.

If you don't know what happened what the hell are you on about?

Has Ade done something wrong?

He still has a shocking first touch. Actually I do not think he did much when he came on.

He still has a shocking first touch. Actually I do not think he did much when he came on.

I actually think he did alright

He and BAE changed the game - as we were stagnant and couldnt find a way. BAE helped to let Bale let loose as it were.

Having just watched Southampton vs City where Yaya Toure started (and having read somewhere in the other matches thread how Yaya was doing what was right and that Ade should learn from him). If AVB made a decision to give Ade a couple of days off after the ACN and accepted that he would start from the bench against Saudi Sportswashing Machine maybe it was the right decision. Yaya Toure rushed back to get back to training with City after the 4 games in (less than?) two weeks in Africa and looked brick against Southampton, we got much more out of Ade as a sub today than City got out of Yaya starting the game.

Having just watched Southampton vs City where Yaya Toure started (and having read somewhere in the other matches thread how Yaya was doing what was right and that Ade should learn from him). If AVB made a decision to give Ade a couple of days off after the ACN and accepted that he would start from the bench against Saudi Sportswashing Machine maybe it was the right decision. Yaya Toure rushed back to get back to training with City after the 4 games in (less than?) two weeks in Africa and looked brick against Southampton, we got much more out of Ade as a sub today than City got out of Yaya starting the game.

Well AVB said himself that Ade was expect back in training by "Thursday or Friday". His words not mine. We got lucky that Bale got us out of trouble again. Going into any premier league game without a striker in the starting 11 is very, very risky.

What was Mancini meant to do? Play Rodwell ahead of Toure?

According to City fans, Yaya has been pretty brick all season. So today was merely a continuation of that form.

Back