• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

How do we know that was down to him rather than us trying to squeeze every penny out of the deal or that we might have had other targets that we were pursuing and only turned to Adebayor when they fell through?

I will say that I heard from the get-go he was on our list, that he was not top of it, and that when it was obvious we would not get the desired, we made the deal. AVB always had doubts about his personality from what I gather. I think you can safely say it was a gamble of necessity. I really think if we can offload him in the summer we will. Such a shame because I think if he could get over himself, he's a player who would be fantastic for us. And again, sadly, a half-functional Adebayor is still very useful. I wait to hear his side of things, but I have to say, looks to me like he's just fudged himself with everyone.

There was us not wanting to pay over the odds and there was City refusing to pay off Ade. He was probably on close to twice as much as he is now in wages. You don't solve something like that over night.

Don't know if it's true, but I believe a perma deal had been sorted before the season ended, and everyone thought it would be a simple summer deal. Then Harry went. This certainly changed everything.

I knew something like this would happen with Adebayor.

If Levy had sorted out a striker back in the summer or in the last window we wouldn't be here talking about him, we'd probably be talking about the striker that we should have bought or the prospect of a new striker starting tomorrow. I can't believe a team that has ambitions to get into the champions league has been so short in the striking department all season. It's always Bale that digs us out of it and we'll be looking again for him to score tomorrow but if he gets injured i think that could be top 4 hopes dashed and all because of poor work from Levy not recruiting upfront.

If Levy had sorted out a striker back in the summer or in the last window we wouldn't be here talking about him, we'd probably be talking about the striker that we should have bought or the prospect of a new striker starting tomorrow. I can't believe a team that has ambitions to get into the champions league has been so short in the striking department all season. It's always Bale that digs us out of it and we'll be looking again for him to score tomorrow but if he gets injured i think that could be top 4 hopes dashed and all because of poor work from Levy not recruiting upfront.

If only it was that simple

I know mate. Bale should be chipping in and helping the strikers, not doing their job for them.

while we're all speculating, my take is that ade doesn't like playing with defoe, and the team hasn't really got time to adapt to 4-4-2.

He only plays well for a manager who puts their arm round him and avb is not that sort of manager sadly so i think we will not see what we saw from him last year.

fudge that. He is arguabley the highest paid player at the club, he is suppose to be a professional, he is our only fit striker, he needs to man up and start leading the line for us. We are relying on him, he should not need his manager's arm round him

I agree with a lot of what you said

It's certainly worth asking questions...I would love to know who was at the top of AVB's list of strikers that we couldn't get. Apart from the obvious. Agree re: Bale, though I would put money on a goal coming from Holtby, Sig or Lennon tomm...

The other consideration in his summer transfer is that City might have complicated the deal to delay it and rob us of some competitive ability in order to help build a points cushion. A gap that might be valuable as the top 4 battle wears on.

The other consideration in his summer transfer is that City might have complicated the deal to delay it and rob us of some competitive ability in order to help build a points cushion. A gap that might be valuable as the top 4 battle wears on.

i dont think City complicated anything. I think it was a combination of AVB not getting his preferred target and Levy then dragging the Ade/City negotiations out as long as possible. Whats new:(

if Ade is back, the fcuk it id throw him straight into the starting line up. He is match fit, we have no real alternative, he owes us a performance

i dont think City complicated anything. I think it was a combination of AVB not getting his preferred target and Levy then dragging the Ade/City negotiations out as long as possible. Whats new:(

I take it you would rather have seen Levy pay an extra million or two to City and an extra £40-50k p/w to Ade?

I think the situation we currently find ourselves in with Ade once again highlights just how necessary what Levy does is.

If half the stuff that's being rumoured about Ade is true we might want to get rid in the summer. If he's on £90k p/w or thereabouts as has been reported then I can think of quite a few clubs around Europe and England that would be willing and able to pay that. If we paid him £140k p/w instead I could see us struggling to get rid of him. We might have ended up paying him part of his wages for the rest of his contract with us (3 years?) or we might have ended up not being able to get rid of him.

Meanwhile of course this also saved us money short term, money that allowed us to go after targets and will allow us to go after more and better targets come the summer.

I take it you would rather have seen Levy pay an extra million or two to City and an extra £40-50k p/w to Ade?

I think the situation we currently find ourselves in with Ade once again highlights just how necessary what Levy does is.

If half the stuff that's being rumoured about Ade is true we might want to get rid in the summer. If he's on £90k p/w or thereabouts as has been reported then I can think of quite a few clubs around Europe and England that would be willing and able to pay that. If we paid him £140k p/w instead I could see us struggling to get rid of him. We might have ended up paying him part of his wages for the rest of his contract with us (3 years?) or we might have ended up not being able to get rid of him.

Meanwhile of course this also saved us money short term, money that allowed us to go after targets and will allow us to go after more and better targets come the summer.

I wouldnt have signed Ade anyway and im not sure AVB is the biggest fan either. We shall see what transpires this summer

if Ade is back, the fcuk it id throw him straight into the starting line up. He is match fit, we have no real alternative, he owes us a performance

Provided he's not jet lagged or simply tired, then I would as well. As you say, the alternatives arent particularly compelling

Did he turn up? I am even unsure why this is even a question because there should be no doubt for him to turn up.

People on here on their high horses about x,y,z that they forget people pay lots of money 900 quid a season and if players do not put their effort then its showing a lack of respect. Then people wonder why people boo players.

Ps - I'm assuming he didn't turn up based on what I read at 5pm yesterday - don't know whether he actually did or did not.

Back