• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

see above.

He has had a big capital payout from us and Emirates Marketing Project so that he now comes in our wage bracket. Consequently he may now feel "underpaid". I know, i know...

But does he want some more of the same??

So, just baseless speculations then...

Same category as the speculations that he was refusing to play EL games?

So, just baseless speculations then...

Same category as the speculations that he was refusing to play EL games?

Of course it is just speculation. But he has form for this at both Arse and bricky. Is he another Anelka? Are his brothers his agents?

so right now:
- defoe plays mostly for himself, not really bothered with developing a partnership with another striker for fear that AVB would revert to 4-5-1 or his fav 4-3-3 without him. this is compounded by

What utter tosh.

Ade is responsible for Ade playing brick and no one else.

If he has been incapable of holing the ball up or providing and physical presence up front then he alone is to blame. He was fired up against Arsenal and before he got sent off he was immense, and he was linking up with Defoe just fine. But apart from that 16 minute cameo performance he has been generally average at best. He needs to bring the performance from the Arsenal match combine with a more controlled mental attitude

It looks like confidence in front of goal is lacking, but his work rate is top notch. He uses and works space intelligently.

He'll start scoring again - and soon.

maybe if he spent more time up front rather than on the wings and in midfield he might look more dangerous in front of goal

What utter tosh.

Ade is responsible for Ade playing brick and no one else.

If he has been incapable of holing the ball up or providing and physical presence up front then he alone is to blame. He was fired up against Arsenal and before he got sent off he was immense, and he was linking up with Defoe just fine. But apart from that 16 minute cameo performance he has been generally average at best. He needs to bring the performance from the Arsenal match combine with a more controlled mental attitude

still only half a season and ade is only getting his underway. we'll see what happens at season end.... my hunch is that we will see a single striker set up with ade starting and defoe on the bench.

Did alright in the first half today, thought some of the comments in the OMT were out of line.

Obviously looked a lot better after getting his goal, well taken goal it was as well. Got his confidence back, was all over the pitch, making things happen, stringing passes together, unlucky not to get an assist at some point.

Striker in a bit of a barren streak gets a goal, confidence improves and he starts playing better. Would have thought it was the first time this has ever happened going by some of the comments on here. Nevermind that we've actually seen similar form improvement from Dempsey, Sig, Naughton and Walker this season alone.

Thought he was poor again and the goal does not cover that up, but he did seem to put a little more effort in.

His hold up play was not good and more then being a bad player my major concern is that him and defoe do not seem to be on the same wave length. He looked a little better second half and i can see he might play himself into some form later on in the season, but his attitude bothers me.

Hope he does not go to the african cup of nations because it could set back his progress with the team.

I think a lot of his problem are confidence related. The type of confidence that only comes with scoring. You could see him perk up noticeably after the goal. It's just what he needed and another one or two in the next few matches will have him back on the righteous path, brothers.

Edit: Agree with the ACN comment. If he goes there that would be heap bad juju.

One goal doesn't put right his previous poor showings. Great header, had to check back almost, but he needs to show more for me.

For me, if a player is getting chances and coming as close as he has - before scoring vs. Reading - then he's on the right track. That one goal is probably all he needs. He'll be psyched up and ready for more. Teammates will have more confidence in him, too, so service will improve.

He's also a player that opponents can get jittery about and over-focus on, opening space elsewhere. I have faith he'll be a solid contributor in the second half.

But he could probably pull off 'Zlatans" every game and there'll be those bemoaning a heavy touch or two in build-up play.

This thread is almost a carbon copy of the Dempsey thread. Unlike the Deuce, Ade has had injury and suspension problems as well as the need for match fitness.
I like him a lot and am confident he will get double figures in EPL goals this season.

Last edited:

1) Missing Rafa's service

2) He's ending up playing more as a #10 than his preferred #9

3) 4-4-2 doesn't suit him/Defoe gets in his way

4) He's not playing that badly anyway

Back