• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Huntelaar is fvcking brick, if we got rid of Ade and replaced him with that bag of brick I would actually cry.

The problem we have is that AVB is giving the Ade/JD partnership plenty of games. If things don't work out (and they're hardly working at the moment) he'll have to change things.

Siggy and Dempsey are definitely starting to show some form and really are pushing for a start.

Ade would have to miss out, and if i had too choose a striker for the final touch (ie shot) it has to be JD.

Now the obvious problem with this is dealing with the inevitable fallout from Ade after being bombed.

If we can do something in Jan window, then if Ade was enquired about we may all-in be better off letting him go.

Ironic considering how many Spurs fans were whinging we were playing one up front and not using Ade....

This is it has ever since he established himself in our team. He played out of his skin for the first few matches last season and looked first tier material. The he dropped off, and didn't look particulary bothered about it either. Could be that his body language is out of sync with the rest of the world, but to me he looks like he doesn't give a brick about Tottenham Hotspur. It didn't exactly help his ego that we begged him to come back this summer despite that, either.

As I've said before, he is exactly what we need, but he's not good enough at being exactly what we need.

You're reading into it what you want to believe really aren't you?

Arsenal fans would have you believe that EVERY player that leaves them goes on to do nothing like Henry, Nasri, Cliche, Toure nd Fabregas who all left to win things with other clubs!

He needs to score a goal or two and start relaxing into his football again. He will never be a prolific goal scorer and he never has been but he'll do a job as long as he is at Spurs. Defoe has been just as infuriating over the years but until we have a better alternative we will have to put up with missed chances like yesterday.

he's getting harshly spoke about imv

Have to agree with this, he has not played at his best yet but he has played better then some are saying. His off the ball work is as good as ever and he just needs a lucky goal to start him off again.

I think he would form a better partnership with Deuce, I'm looking forward to them starting a few matches together. Defoe has not scored enough recently to keep himself in the team, although Dempsey will probably play on the left of midfield against Reading. Big chance to impress for all 3 players.

Huntelaar is fvcking brick, if we got rid of Ade and replaced him with that bag of brick I would actually cry.

Depends what you like I guess. His overall play isn't as good as Adebayor's, but there's no question he's a better finisher, his movement is better and his goalscoring record is superior.

You're reading into it what you want to believe really aren't you?

Arsenal fans would have you believe that EVERY player that leaves them goes on to do nothing like Henry, Nasri, Cliche, Toure nd Fabregas who all left to win things with other clubs!

He needs to score a goal or two and start relaxing into his football again. He will never be a prolific goal scorer and he never has been but he'll do a job as long as he is at Spurs. Defoe has been just as infuriating over the years but until we have a better alternative we will have to put up with missed chances like yesterday.

I know plenty of Arsenal fans who couldn't wait to get rid of him well before he eventually left. They will point to the CL semi final first leg against United where he literally offered nothing as the final straw.

Depends what you like I guess. His overall play isn't as good as Adebayor's, but there's no question he's a better finisher, his movement is better and his goalscoring record is superior.
He is a tall Defoe. With less ability to shoot from outside the area. If we were signing him it would be to replace Defoe, not Ade, but it would probably cost us lots of money for negligible improvement. I don't even think he is as good as Defoe.

He is a tall Defoe. With less ability to shoot from outside the area. If we were signing him it would be to replace Defoe, not Ade, but it would probably cost us lots of money for negligible improvement. I don't even think he is as good as Defoe.

That's a strong statement! He's got a fantastic record at club level and also at international level too. He was top scorer in the Bundesliga last season ahead of Mario Gomez and Lewandowski. Defoe has never scored 20 league goals in a season.

Ade has been extremely disappointing this season. When he first joined us, he looked world class. The game against Liverpool at home was one of the finest centre forward displays I have seen. He did really well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home too. It isnt just the lack of goals this season, I would criticise Ade for:

1. Poor hold up play - the ball isnt sticking to him at the moment and he is giving it away an awful lot
2. Lack of aerial prowess - he just seems to duck under the ball and misses it virtually every time.
3. Lack of conviction in front of goal - his headers and shots lack any strength.
4. His attitude/body language - he ambles about and is caught offside far too often due to laziness
5. He seems to want to make friends with the opposition rather than be ultra determined against them
6. He never attacks the ball from a corner and would be better coming right out of the fray into a position so he can flick it on if it falls short (as so often)
7. Has no link up play with Defoe whatsoever - they always seem to be in different parts of the pitch
8. Offers little physical presence despite his hulking size

Apart from that - he is just marvellous!

I don't think much has changed at all with Ade, just that the service to him is not as good. We knew from last year that there are a lot of things about his game which aren't top notch. First touch is often poor, finishing questionable and not great in the air. Last year we were creating a lot more chances for him so these were less costly, we also got more bodies in the box so picked up on rebounds.

here's what happened:

recall:
- late transfer = no pre-season with new coach
- injury
- red card against arsenal

by this time:
- defoe's chalking up them goals and will continue to do so selfishly for fear of getting displaced - our wingers are increasingly cutting in to provide support

so right now:
- defoe plays mostly for himself, not really bothered with developing a partnership with another striker for fear that AVB would revert to 4-5-1 or his fav 4-3-3 without him. this is compounded by
- bale and lennon is starting to get comfortable scoring ( i believe ade and defoe are told to "stay wide" to enable this)
- so .... ade is trying to find a place to fit in, but is finding it a bit crowded ... and he is low on confidence as he watches the goals banging in left right centre, and his closest attempts hits the crossbar.

Nothing is wrong with Adebayor. He is just not clinical in front of goal, never was and never will be. Doesn't matter where you play him, he is always going to waste those one-on-one chances.

confidence and form , added to the fact that he was never really a supremely clinical finisher in the first place.....and what does that give you? a player that works hard enough, has a wide range of skill sets, strong enough, pace, hold up play........but is not clinical in front of goal.

would still keep him, any day of the week. we are lucky to have him

It looks like confidence in front of goal is lacking, but his work rate is top notch. He uses and works space intelligently.

He'll start scoring again - and soon.

what would suggest that?

see above.

He has had a big capital payout from us and Emirates Marketing Project so that he now comes in our wage bracket. Consequently he may now feel "underpaid". I know, i know...

But does he want some more of the same??

see above.

He has had a big capital payout from us and Emirates Marketing Project so that he now comes in our wage bracket. Consequently he may now feel "underpaid". I know, i know...

But does he want some more of the same??

he might but i doubt he'd be trying something like this when his form and stats have been less than impressive. maybe after he's scored 10 goals in as many games, but not now...

Back