• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Ade was poor most of 2012. His inability to hold up the ball, his constant drifting wide left when playing the lone striker or find the net without a few easy chances was a significant contributing factor in why we had a poor run of results last season.

No he wasn't. Why do you deliberately try to misrepresent his achievements?

Last edited:

As for Crouch he got yet another muggy assist for the Jerome goal I assume. P N R probably thinks all the VDV goals were down to Crouch too

Last edited:

As for Crouch he got yet another muggy assist for the Jerome goal I assume. P N R probably thinks all the VDV goals were down to Crouch too

What has Crouch got to do with any of this?

Does Crouch have 2 league goals for Spurs all season?

If we ever go back to AVB's preferred formation of 4-2-3-1 i can't see Ade being here next season. If it's not Defoe leading the line up-front next year then it'll be another forward in a similar mold as Defoe. At previous clubs AVB has preferred forwards that are little more direct and play more off the shoulder (Torres, Defoe and Falcao) as opposed to forwards that tend to play with their back towards goal (Drogba and Ade). Could be wrong, especially if we stick with a 4-4-2, but i just can't see it.

all season lol...like he hasn't been injured and also out of favour for most of it.

KD, he's scored 2 goals in 12 games. That's not good enough. Has he actually been injured? 3 of the games he missed this season were his fault alone.

If we ever go back to AVB's preferred formation of 4-2-3-1 i can't see Ade being here next season. If it's not Defoe leading the line up-front next year then it'll be another forward in a similar mold as Defoe. At previous clubs AVB has preferred forwards that are little more direct and play more off the shoulder (Torres, Defoe and Falcao) as opposed to forwards that tend to play with their back towards goal (Drogba and Ade). Could be wrong, especially if we stick with a 4-4-2, but i just can't see it.

Because of the complicated way his wages are paid and the amount of money he is on, I don't think we'd be able to sell him.
I've a feeling we are stuck with him regardless.

Gary ‏@garyalsmith

Break: source in Togo tells me Adebayor WILL be at #afcon2013. He'll meet the country's president to formalize things in coming days

So how many of those 12 games did he start?

Don't know the exact stats, but has he impressed you this season? Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project fans have always said the same thing: he'll start off like a house on fire and you'll marvel at what a player you have, but he then proceeds to blow hot and cold and he ultimately lets you down. I accept that we don't have mega money to go and get Falcao, but some Spurs fans act like it's not even worth trying to get a better striker, some even have him as better than Llorente, I mean WTF!!

ffs

hmmmmmmm Damiao it is then.

when does it start the african nations? how good are togo will we miss him for may games?

i hope we rest defoe for coventry i will be at the game but rather we lose it by playing the reserves then tire or injure defoe, keep him for the league if we are going to be done to one striker

I know it is his right but im a little annoyed with adeyabor, he said he would never play for togo again, wonder if that was part of the reason we went for him.

He'll be gone for 3 games. We wont be spending millions on getting cover in for 3 games. Dempsey can do a job if needed.

He'll be gone for 3 games. We wont be spending millions on getting cover in for 3 games. Dempsey can do a job if needed.

Dempsey isn't a striker though. What is Dempsey or Defoe gets injured?

People want to just write it off and say "it's only 3 games", but we finished a point behind Arsenal last season, every game and every point counts.

Don't know the exact stats, but has he impressed you this season? Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project fans have always said the same thing: he'll start off like a house on fire and you'll marvel at what a player you have, but he then proceeds to blow hot and cold and he ultimately lets you down. I accept that we don't have mega money to go and get Falcao, but some Spurs fans act like it's not even worth trying to get a better striker, some even have him as better than Llorente, I mean WTF!!

I think he's better suited to our style of play than Llorente (and i've wanted us to sign Llorente since 08). Llorente is no where near as mobile and i don't actually think he's suited to AVB's style of play tbh.

when does it start the african nations? how good are togo will we miss him for may games?

i hope we rest defoe for coventry i will be at the game but rather we lose it by playing the reserves then tire or injure defoe, keep him for the league if we are going to be done to one striker

I know it is his right but im a little annoyed with adeyabor, he said he would never play for togo again, wonder if that was part of the reason we went for him.

It starts in 2 weeks i think and Togo are pretty good so they'll probably qualify to the knockout stages. Hmmm we're probably looking at him missing 4 games.

Dempsey isn't a striker though. What is Dempsey or Defoe gets injured?

People want to just write it off and say "it's only 3 games", but we finished a point behind Arsenal last season, every game and every point counts.

We play 4411 with defoe up front like how we've done most of the season. If Defoe gets injured we play Dempsey.
If Dempsey gets injured we play Siggy. We are not gonna get in someone just for the sake of it. We have a long term transfer policy now. No more Sahas and Nelsons.
We can still recall Harry Kane if we are desperate.

It starts in 2 weeks i think and Togo are pretty good so they'll probably qualify to the knockout stages. Hmmm we're probably looking at him missing 4 games.

They'll in a tough group with 3 better teams. They'll go straight out.

Back