• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

It isn't bang on Steff, not in the slightest. Ade did get praise last season so let's not act like he's always got a coating on this board. He gets stick when he plays badly and/or shows a lack of effort or hunger/insert adjective here.

Back to Soldado, the penalty miss was key but my honest assessment was that performance today was better than anything we have seen from Ade this season. I said it in another thread, it possibly blows the the Poch is asking ade to stay out wide arguement out of the water, or maybe he's just asking Adebayor to play that way and not Soldado? Doubtful in my opinion.

1) If you genuinely believe that some people give Adebayor a fair shake of the stick and evaluate on a per-game basis, then I will just humbly say that I heartily disagree. He is coated by some because of who he is and how he appears. Ade only got praise last season when he was playing as an orthodox striker in a 4-4-2 i.e. as a goalscorer. In tour heart of hearts you know that if Ade had missed a pen at that juncture and also failed to react to the rebound appropriately, then he'd have been royally coated.

2) I believe this is absolutely the case. As a manager you deploy your players in ways best suited to their skill-sets. I would hope Poch works this way. As for 'blowing arguments' and what not, it's not really important is it? We all see things differently, most probably based on a variety of factors such as expectation versus end-product. I feel certain things are wildly (and I mean wildly) overblown by fans on occasion, and the Ade question is one of them IMO.

There are 1 or 2 posters on here where this is quite clearly the case, but there are a number of others who have been critical of him for the simple fact he's not been playing well. No one was criticizing him last season when he came in to the team because he was playing great, but that's not been the case for a long time now and when you have soldado and Kane waiting in the wings then you just have to play them ahead of an out of form ade.

Iike i say, I don't see any agenda here against Ade other than from maybe 1 or 2 posters. So no, if ade had of put in that performance yesterday then he wouldn't have been roundly slated, far from it.

But again I think it is important to consider the system deployed last season when Sherwood brought him back (4-4-2 a lot of the time) versus 4-2-3-1. Makes a huge difference.

1) If you genuinely believe that some people give Adebayor a fair shake of the stick and evaluate on a per-game basis, then I will just humbly say that I heartily disagree. He is coated by some because of who he is and how he appears. Ade only got praise last season when he was playing as an orthodox striker in a 4-4-2 i.e. as a goalscorer. In tour heart of hearts you know that if Ade had missed a pen at that juncture and also failed to react to the rebound appropriately, then he'd have been royally coated.

2) I believe this is absolutely the case. As a manager you deploy your players in ways best suited to their skill-sets. I would hope Poch works this way. As for 'blowing arguments' and what not, it's not really important is it? We all see things differently, most probably based on a variety of factors such as expectation versus end-product. I feel certain things are wildly (and I mean wildly) overblown by fans on occasion, and the Ade question is one of them IMO.

1) You mean like Soldado did yesterday? Yeah some posters would have let Ade have it. Did you read some of the comments directed at Soldado? Some denied he even played well. Some said the only thing he does well is score penalties, then all of a sudden he misses one and it's the worst thing in the world. Ade got praise when he was scoring goals and playing well it really is as simple as that. If you expect people to applaud him when he's not scoring and is generally not getting in the box and shows a lack of effort then you will be waiting a while mate. People will criticise him when he's not scoring and not playing well just like people do with Soldado, except Soldado actually played well yesterday, better than Ade has all season but some refuse to see it.

2) I think you and others are making excuses for him in this respect mate. I can't imagine Poch is telling Ade to stay wide as often as he is doing now and provide virtually no goal threat. Especially when one of the attacking trio behind is still to score a league goal in this country.

You can't please everyone but if ade had a game like yesterday ... One shot, one created penalty, one assist, and several interceptions....at least we'd had some concrete points to discuss, and not just ade's glory days and his supposedly invisible contributions to the game like creating space and causing confusion for the defence :)

Link takes me to eBay! Have I missed something?
Anyway, I prefer Soldado to Ade but I wouldn't sell him, gives a chance to mix it up. Hate stats, so easily made to tell whatever story you want them to.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

The most enigmatic / frustrating player at Spurs currently...

@Squawka: Emmanuel Adebayor has scored more Premier League goals (10) in 2014 than any other Tottenham player. #THFC

@EwanRoberts: Not the biggest problem today, but Adebayor's lack of tactical discipline is astounding. Rarely where he should be:
B04ha9wCAAEnvfm.png

@Spursbasic: Adebayor being Adebayor.
[vine]OhY0XduhKtn[/vine]

There was a great moment that summed up the difference between him and Kane today.

It was when Kane had our only other shot on target. The ball is about to be crossed in, Ade takes up his usual position, between two defenders where only a perfect cross (like Mason's earlier) can find him. In that same time, Kane makes two runs to get away from his man and create a clear line of sight to the crosser.

That's the kind of movement a motivated Ade makes. The version we currently have is far happier to hide behind defenders and blame the cross when he doesn't get the ball.

The most enigmatic / frustrating player at Spurs currently...

@Squawka: Emmanuel Adebayor has scored more Premier League goals (10) in 2014 than any other Tottenham player. #THFC

@EwanRoberts: Not the biggest problem today, but Adebayor's lack of tactical discipline is astounding. Rarely where he should be:
B04ha9wCAAEnvfm.png

@Spursbasic: Adebayor being Adebayor.
[vine]OhY0XduhKtn[/vine]

He really is a comical figure; the run up to that penalty in the Europa League a couple of seasons ago, missing 5 days worth of flights coming back from the ACN and now this :ross:

and if not it's really easy to get rid of

the wife isn't gonna suggest putting on the stand next to the other telly as it was really quite expensive and it might start working again

Back