• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I think it was. Soldado did what a striker should be doing (except score) and stayed in the centre, created chances and got in goalscoring positions. I think today possibly blows the whole "Poch is asking to striker to play out wide" argument out of the water. Or maybe he is just asking Ade to do that?

Yep, Soldado's link up play, as always, was very good today. Shame's he's not a bit more physical. Personally, I would play Soldado ahead of Kane and Adebayor as I think the way he links attacks is what we need

More generally from an attacking perspective, what our first choice front 4 really lacks is some pace. Lennon clearly doesnt work in Poch's system whilst Townsend is too much of a headless chicken to be a starter. Would like to see us flog Dembele and Paulinho and replace them in our squad with Carroll plus a quick attacker - selling those two would give us the £20m+ which would be needed to get a decent fast forward

Yep, Soldado's link up play, as always, was very good today. Shame's he's not a bit more physical. Personally, I would play Soldado ahead of Kane and Adebayor as I think the way he links attacks is what we need

More generally from an attacking perspective, what our first choice front 4 really lacks is some pace. Lennon clearly doesnt work in Poch's system whilst Townsend is too much of a headless chicken to be a starter. Would like to see us flog Dembele and Paulinho and replace them in our squad with Carroll plus a quick attacker - selling those two would give us the £20m+ which would be needed to get a decent fast forward

Yeah, I agree we need pace. We look threatening on the counter and adding pace would make us even more so.

He drifted wide but Ade does it FAR too often, to the point where he's hardly in the position to be scoring, which is ultimately his job.

Soldado is low on confidence agreed, but I was pleasnantly surprised today by his play.

if we were scoring 5 goals a game with ade in the starting 11 and he didnt score a single goal all season but he played well and contributed to overall team play....would you drop him?

if we were scoring 5 goals a game with ade in the starting 11 and he didnt score a single goal all season but he played well and contributed to overall team play....would you drop him?

It depends what you mean by contributing. If it's simply being involved in the buildup then no, if he's creating chances for others and getting into good positions himself then possibly, but still I would want the striker to score goals.

The problem is, he isn't scoring, the team isn't scoring AND he isn't contributing enough.

Could be but we'll never know for sure, so I'll take your point. What say we get this topic back on track, and talk about Soldado instead of Ade while the memory is still fresh in the mind.

Fair comments. Soldado did well till that terrible penalty. I think Kane should have started today, and I think he should start on Thursday. I'm not impressed overall by either Soldado or Ade, and said we should have got a new striker in during the summer.

but soldado ventured wide many times also

i dont get what you mean ?

for me , like i told KD before in this very thread i think, the fact that Pochetinno is playing narrow wing forwards who actually operate like wing forwards and actually get in the box makes it a completely fresh start for soldado for me...because thats the kind of team he is more likely to thrive in... a team that supports him and provides support in the box...feeds him or the areas he lives off of and also a team he can break off and form good nippy tight units with all over the pitch..
The tidy intricate stuff with options and support around him is what soldado needs.....all thats left now is for someone that can thread the needle....in time i think eriksen and lamela will provide that alot more with a chemistry and familiarity with soldado

Ade is still my number one choice though but currently soldado has been given a chance in the starting 11 with these players under poch's system and in my opinion he has taken it well. his confidence is just too low....he should have scored

I totally agree with all of that about Soldado and how he should be played. We have the trio around him to do it so go for it!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

oh come on guys

soldado's overall play and in particular his link up play has never been this good in the starting 11

But the three behind him have never been as good.
Lamella was a crock, chadli was pants and eriksen good last season. In the EL he's played with the shoot on sight second team.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Fair comments. Soldado did well till that terrible penalty. I think Kane should have started today, and I think he should start on Thursday. I'm not impressed overall by either Soldado or Ade, and said we should have got a new striker in during the summer.

I think Adebayor should start on Thursday, with Kane starting from the left, in Chadli's position.

I think if Adebayor produced an identical performance to Soldado today, he'd get slated by those who don't like him. Given the opposition, I thought Soldado did well.

Bang-on.

The bottom line is that Nobby played well enough, a few lovely passes - really nice quick channel balls - but he missed one sitter and failed to react to the sort of chance he is wired to snaffle out (deflection off Mason's shot which he was simply too slow to jump on - it was a golden chance for a predatory striker, and the sort of chance I expect him to put away).

Bang-on.

The bottom line is that Nobby played well enough, a few lovely passes - really nice quick channel balls - but he missed one sitter and failed to react to the sort of chance he is wired to snaffle out (deflection off Mason's shot which he was simply too slow to jump on - it was a golden chance for a predatory striker, and the sort of chance I expect him to put away).

It isn't bang on Steff, not in the slightest. Ade did get praise last season so let's not act like he's always got a coating on this board. He gets stick when he plays badly and/or shows a lack of effort or hunger/insert adjective here.

Back to Soldado, the penalty miss was key but my honest assessment was that performance today was better than anything we have seen from Ade this season. I said it in another thread, it possibly blows the the Poch is asking ade to stay out wide arguement out of the water, or maybe he's just asking Adebayor to play that way and not Soldado? Doubtful in my opinion.

I think if Adebayor produced an identical performance to Soldado today, he'd get slated by those who don't like him. Given the opposition, I thought Soldado did well.

100% agree. I have made no bones about the fact I don't think soldado is good enough in EPL but Am so happy that he actually looked hungry today and played well. I will support any player who works for the team and contributes. He missed a pen and a good chance but I was proud off him.

I am a spurs fan so I wil back our players and show little bias - still Ade should start

100% agree. I have made no bones about the fact I don't think soldado is good enough in EPL but Am so happy that he actually looked hungry today and played well. I will support any player who works for the team and contributes. He missed a pen and a good chance but I was proud off him.

I am a spurs fan so I wil back our players and show little bias - still Ade should start over him

It isn't bang on Steff, not in the slightest. Ade did get praise last season so let's not act like he's always got a coating on this board. He gets stick when he plays badly and/or shows a lack of effort or hunger/insert adjective here.

Back to Soldado, the penalty miss was key but my honest assessment was that performance today was better than anything we have seen from Ade this season. I said it in another thread, it possibly blows the the Poch is asking ade to stay out wide arguement out of the water, or maybe he's just asking Adebayor to play that way and not Soldado? Doubtful in my opinion.

Adebayor played to a similar standard against Southampton (his previous game for us); involved in good build-up play, "should've had an assist" (Chadli hit the post). But he didn't score, so his detractors c*nted him off for it.

Soldado did similar yesterday and is mainly praised for it. I happen to think both players played quite well in each game, but both need to be finding the net. Soldado did enough to earn a start against more beatable opposition imo, and he needs to take his chance now.

oh come on guys

soldado's overall play and in particular his link up play has never been this good in the starting 11

I don't agree with that, I think his link up play has for the most part been good, his issue is not scoring, which is a big issue for a striker. Just off the top of my head look at the utd away game last season, he played very similar to yesterday.

There are 1 or 2 posters on here where this is quite clearly the case, but there are a number of others who have been critical of him for the simple fact he's not been playing well. No one was criticizing him last season when he came in to the team because he was playing great, but that's not been the case for a long time now and when you have soldado and Kane waiting in the wings then you just have to play them ahead of an out of form ade.

Iike i say, I don't see any agenda here against Ade other than from maybe 1 or 2 posters. So no, if ade had of put in that performance yesterday then he wouldn't have been roundly slated, far from it.

Back