• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

but it seemed quite clear that United were looking to sell him - so he'd have to make a choice to either stay where he has possibly been told he's not required or move to another club. if we were the biggest side in for him at the time then i have no doubt he'd be interested in a move

Fair question I guess; but then you claim you have insider contacts amongst the first team squad and coaches; why should we believe you on that?

Mate just ignore this Roy guy when it's anything to do with me (don't waste your breath or time). The guy makes constant digs and it's quite clear he's become infatuated..

Examples:

1) THe City Match thread where he says my opinion is "crap"
2) This thread where he says "any reasonable person"

and again now.

He's being his usual smart **** self and not directly quoting my post hence he thinks he's getting away with it...hopefully the mods are not that gullible and they call him out on his constant little digs.

but it seemed quite clear that United were looking to sell him - so he'd have to make a choice to either stay where he has possibly been told he's not required or move to another club. if we were the biggest side in for him at the time then i have no doubt he'd be interested in a move

Believe me when i say he's didn't make that comment because he didn't believe it....he did it to have his regular dig so there's absolutely no point debating with him.

It's much like the David Villa situation. If we'd have thrown a bit more wonga out there, and if there'd been a bit more drive at the moment we were ahead to close the deal(s) then we'd have got them. I have to say, it would be frustrating for a DoF to isolate and find solutions, see them sitting, waiting, and to watch them slip away.

He already lost CL Football with Manure and Moyes ;)

Absolutely and wouldn't have gone to a club without CL football. He was always leaving United wasn't he so was only going to a club in the CL which wasn't us hence he was never gonna be interested in a move to us.

Absolutely and wouldn't have gone to a club without CL football. He was always leaving United wasn't he so was only going to a club in the CL which wasn't us hence he was never gonna be interested in a move to us.

So what if Arsenal had not come in with a late offer for him? Do you think he would have stayed at Manure (who did not even have EL, unlike us)?

It's much like the David Villa situation. If we'd have thrown a bit more wonga out there, and if there'd been a bit more drive at the moment we were ahead to close the deal(s) then we'd have got them. I have to say, it would be frustrating for a DoF to isolate and find solutions, see them sitting, waiting, and to watch them slip away.

I cant really say I am that gutted that we missed out on Welbeck or Villa for that matter.

Moutinho has caused me the biggest upset over recent times and to some extent Willian with how that transpired, but that is probably because of how it went down and Chelsea basically mugging us off.

I dont really want to give my honest assesment on Welbeck because I dont want to tempt fate, I think we were always going to get out manouvered by Arsenal anyway, if we had got close to the deal they would have enjoyed doing another Willian to us. lets just say there are plenty of fish in the sea, in our current situation we have our hands tied a bit with Soldado and Adebayor on big wages. so will need to offload to buy.

If we are looking for strikers who can also play the wing role then the likes of Destro, Berahino, J Rod are gettable targets, I will also admit to liking Arnautovic & Weimann.

As I said before due to international commitments I dont think Ade will play Saturday, I expect to see Soldado in which will clearly be a last chance saloon scenario. If he plays either Kane or Ade and not a fully rested Soldado then thats the final nail in the coffin for him I guess.

I cant really say I am that gutted that we missed out on Welbeck or Villa for that matter.

Moutinho has caused me the biggest upset over recent times and to some extent Willian with how that transpired, but that is probably because of how it went down and Chelsea basically mugging us off.

I dont really want to give my honest assesment on Welbeck because I dont want to tempt fate, I think we were always going to get out manouvered by Arsenal anyway, if we had got close to the deal they would have enjoyed doing another Willian to us. lets just say there are plenty of fish in the sea, in our current situation we have our hands tied a bit with Soldado and Adebayor on big wages. so will need to offload to buy.

If we are looking for strikers who can also play the wing role then the likes of Destro, Berahino, J Rod are gettable targets, I will also admit to liking Arnautovic & Weimann.

As I said before due to international commitments I dont think Ade will play Saturday, I expect to see Soldado in which will clearly be a last chance saloon scenario. If he plays either Kane or Ade and not a fully rested Soldado then thats the final nail in the coffin for him I guess.

That is the guy that I want us making a proper move for in January. I would even be happy with us doing a deal with West Brom where he stays there on loan for the rest of the season. I see him as a player who is already well on his way to becoming a proper out number 9 type centre forward. He has pace, power, good movement, work rate, touch and confidence. He also seems to be a person of good character who seems serious about his football (he reminds me of Defoe in that way).

Welbeck was more than happy to move to us. His main aim was to go to a club where he would play through the middle. Had Giroud not got injured then I think he would be playing on loan for us right now. Had Sherwood remained in charge of Spurs then Welbeck would've been signed on a permanent deal much earlier in the window (or at least we would've had a proper go at signing him) That's not saying "I'd rather Sherwood was here than Pochettino" it's just that Welbeck was a player that Tim really wanted at the club.... I'm assuming here that Pochettino has some other BIG plans for January/the summer as we're currently completely relyiant on (the streaky and temperamental) Adebayor and ill equipped to play Poch's 4-2-3-1 system without him.

Last edited:
Welbeck was more than happy to move to us. His main aim was to go to a club where he would play through the middle. Had Giroud not got injured then I think he would be playing on loan for us right now. Had Sherwood remained in charge of Spurs then Welbeck would've been signed on a permanent deal much earlier in the window (or at least we would've had a proper go at signing him) That's not saying "I'd rather Sherwood was here than Pochettino" it's just that Welbeck was a player that Tim really wanted at the club.... I'm assuming here that Pochettino has some other BIG plans for January/the summer as we're currently completely relyiant on (the streaky and temperamental) Adebayor and ill equipped to play Poch's 4-2-3-1 system without him.

Stop! Hammer time.

Sorry - what is about opinions?.... Whether we're reliant on Adebayor, whether Adebayor is streaky and unreliable or both?

That Welbeck was happy to come or that Sherwood wanted him both of which I don't believe. You do no problem.

I wouldn't say we're reliant on Ade as we have two other strikers if he wasn't here.

That Welbeck was happy to come or that Sherwood wanted him both of which I don't believe. You do no problem.

I wouldn't say we're reliant on Ade as we have two other strikers if he wasn't here.

Fair enough.... But Welbecks representatives initiated discussions with our club, perhaps they did so despite Welbeck not wanting to join us? but that would just seem like a waste of everyone's time... and Chairmen & DoFs don't tend to like having their time wasted (nor do player agents for that matter!) and to cap it all off agents and chairmen/DoFs tend to want to stay on good terms for the sake of potential future deals.

You are right, we do indeed have two other strikers.... More than 2 if you count those we have out on loan and in the youth teams - a couple of which are probably better suited to playing as the lone, central front man in Pochettino's system than the two strikers that you are considering... and therein lies the problem we currently have in our squad and why we are reliant on Ade.

Fair enough.... But Welbecks representatives initiated discussions with our club, perhaps they did so despite Welbeck not wanting to join us? but that would just seem like a waste of everyone's time... and Chairmen & DoFs don't tend to like having their time wasted (nor do player agents for that matter!) and to cap it all off agents and chairmen/DoFs tend to want to stay on good terms for the sake of potential future deals.

You are right, we do indeed have two other strikers.... More than 2 if you count those we have out on loan and in the youth teams - a couple of which are probably better suited to playing as the lone, central front man in Pochettino's system than the two strikers that you are considering... and therein lies the problem we currently have in our squad and why we are reliant on Ade.

What's your source for this?

I remain of the opinion we could have got Welbeck, if we had shown sufficient drive and ambition. Also that it would be better for us to have Welbeck as an option, along with our other strikers.

A front 3 of Welbeck Kane and Chadli against City, for example, would almost certainly give me more hope than the line up we're likely to put out, which may well include Ade and Lamela neither of whom I think should start on Saturday due to their international travels.

Back