• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I think that our interest in Welbeck was as a stopgap until Rodriguez might become available. That would make him a more likely replacement for Chadli than Ade.

Sadly it was that which cost us. We had him but wouldn't commit.

shame, i'd rather have welbeck than rodriguez but i understand why Poch would prefer the guy he already knows, lets just hope he gets fit and we get it done in January

Sadly it was that which cost us. We had him but wouldn't commit.

That's my belief, we missed out on a great chance here. Of course it may be he didn't want to sign for us, even before Arsenal became interested, but if not, why not? None of the 'Big 5' were in for him at one stage it seems, yet still we couldn't get him?

That's my belief, we missed out on a great chance here. Of course it may be he didn't want to sign for us, even before Arsenal became interested, but if not, why not? None of the 'Big 5' were in for him at one stage it seems, yet still we couldn't get him?

Because we wanted to do a loan deal, so Manchester United held out to see if someone came in with a permanent offer.

Really don't see what the fuss is about re Welbeck. Just because he scored a couple of goals for England. As much as Adebayor frustrates me, I'd rather have him than Dizzy Welbeck.

He 100% wanted to sign for us (on loan) before Gooners interest.

Whatever the reasons, he's ****. That is the net effect.
No good him doing it at Woolwich, however many years ago.
No good him having the capability. If over the last 2 to 3 seasons, bar the odd game, he's totally ineffective, and just an offside machine, he's a fkin waste of space. Why are people clinging in to what he was like 8 years ago, or what they want him to be..
Then complaining when we don't take our chances!

Yeah. You can understand why he preferred a permanent deal to a Champions League club to a loan to a Europa League one :(

Alas, and I must stress this is only what I heard at the time, we wanted a loan with option to buy, Utd wanted to sell, our top dawn thought he could watch the window wind down and force Utd's hand, the goons decided to make the late move and the rest is history. So if we'd agreed to buy him two weeks, or even a week, prior to the deadline, we'd have got him.

Fair question I guess; but then you claim you have insider contacts amongst the first team squad and coaches; why should we believe you on that?

I'm not asking anyone to. Could be complete bollox couldn't it?

Personally, I don't think Welbeck would've considered losing CL football for one minute.

Back