• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Where are you getting the idea that I feel paulinho is playing to the best of his ability?

In fact isnt one of my main criticsms of him that he doesn't try, that he backs away from challenges all the time, that hes perfectly happy to hide and allow his cm partner to do all the work.

In terms of effort it's not even comparable. It's shocking that Ade gets criticised for his lack of effort whilst paulinho is allowed to hide in every game and do nothing (I think now most have clocked on that he does this thankfully).

You yourself described Paulinho as a "very, very, very, very poor player" - most neutrals would describe his play this season as poor or very poor. That means he's playing above his ability by at least three verys. I'd say that's quite an achievement - you could almost say that by your own standards you've set for him, he's playing out of his skin when considering his "very, very, very, very poor" natural ability.

Ade, on the other hand, we all know has the ability to be world class when he chooses to. Instead he's chosen to trap the ball 20 yards, pass to the linesman, and lose all ability to walk/run like someone in possession of two working legs when in and around the box.

If Paulinho turns out to just be **** then that's one for the "miss" list on our transfer history. We all know Ade is much, much better than **** we just can't afford to make him like that again.

You yourself described Paulinho as a "very, very, very, very poor player" - most neutrals would describe his play this season as poor or very poor. That means he's playing above his ability by at least three verys. I'd say that's quite an achievement - you could almost say that by your own standards you've set for him, he's playing out of his skin when considering his "very, very, very, very poor" natural ability.

Ade, on the other hand, we all know has the ability to be world class when he chooses to. Instead he's chosen to trap the ball 20 yards, pass to the linesman, and lose all ability to walk/run like someone in possession of two working legs when in and around the box.

If Paulinho turns out to just be **** then that's one for the "miss" list on our transfer history. We all know Ade is much, much better than **** we just can't afford to make him like that again.

what on earth are you talking about?

anyway to play along whilst also making your point null and void....i think Paulinho played very very very very very poorly this season and last. So he's actually played worse than his ability imo.

Last edited:
what on earth are you talking about?

anyway to play along whilst also making your point null and void....i think Paulinho played very very very very very poorly this season and last. So he's actually played worse than his ability imo.

Let's assume you can find a neutral using more than one very (I'm not sure you'll find one using one), suffice it to say that at least both players should be getting equal criticism if you aren't playing favourites.

Even if you consider what Ade spends most of the match doing as contributing rather than hiding, he's still playing an incredibly long way below his (motivated) ability level.

Its shocking how he has played as many games as he has with his sack of dog mess performances, what is also shocking is that you think he puts in the effort?????

Adebayors peformances in relation to his actual ability is f**king shameful, no doubt it is Eriksen's or Lamela's fault when he looked like bambi on ice stumbling around the penalty area in the first half vs goons when he should have taken it round sneezy and slotted home.

There are plenty other examples where his standard has not been good enough.

If he has the ability unlike Paulinho then surely that is worse than a player we have found out to be just c**p?

Your assessments of Paulinho compared to Ade doesn't make sense to me, you say Paulinho hides, well ade hides away just as much imo.

There seems to be a real split opinion on whether/how often he tries and how hard is he trying. Half the board seem to think he's running his nuts off/trying hard, the other half believe he tries when he wants. At least Berbatov scored when he wasn't trying :lol:

There seems to be a real split opinion on whether/how often he tries and how hard is he trying. Half the board seem to think he's running his nuts off/trying hard, the other half believe he tries when he wants. At least Berbatov scored when he wasn't trying :lol:

EXACTLY.

I happen to think he tries hard and the notion that he doesn't isn't true (imo).

EXACTLY.

I happen to think he tries hard and the notion that he doesn't isn't true (imo).

So why do you think that a player who can be (and has been) world class has so many days where he can't trap a ball and makes Peter Crouch look poised and balanced?

So why do you think that a player who can be (and has been) world class has so many days where he can't trap a ball and makes Peter Crouch look poised and balanced?

I don't agree with what you're saying. You're passing your opinion as fact...it's just an opinion and i'm also entitled to one too.

I don't agree with what you're saying. You're passing your opinion as fact...it's just an opinion and i'm also entitled to one too.

OK, let's take the opinion out of it.

Why do you think Ade has so many days where trapping a ball often leaves the ball a significant distance away from his feet? Why do you think he stumbles/falls in the box more than most? And why do you think he often gets out-muscled or out-jumped by smaller and lighter players?

Why do you think Ade has so many days where trapping a ball often leaves the ball a significant distance away from his feet? Why do you think he stumbles/falls in the box more than most? And why do you think he often gets out-muscled or out-jumped by smaller and lighter players?

I can't see how ANY REASONABLE PERSON can say that the above doesn't happen. He can't control the ball very well. Of course he does sometimes we're not saying he doesn't. Also, he gets bullied SO often when jumping for the ball. Major weakness in his game.

I agree with this, that is what i see (and that is watching him live at the lane)

BUT i admit there are days when Ade is on it. Those days are not frequent enough.

And the main problem is it is so hard to figure out why.

People argue about his performance against Southampton. I thought he was poor on the day, in hindsight i would say he was ok at best. Some of the things people were saying he did well, should be expected, they're not extraordinary, suarez type play. Remember he is meant to be good in the first place.

Now look at Southampton away last year.......bang on it. Eye of the tiger and all that. Why was he good that day?....f*ck knows. And that's the problem.

Like in the home game against Southampton, it's almost as though he has been told to do it and his energy/demeanor reflects that. In that other game he wants to do it.

It's the inconsistency that kills me, and that inconsistency very much leans on the underachieving side.

[video=youtube;jAp3a3xlIn8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAp3a3xlIn8[/video]

Here he is at Arsenal, why is he so different now? Managers tactics over the years or something else?

althpugh tbh I could have posted this vid too:

[video=youtube;gj6Rm3ZAph0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj6Rm3ZAph0[/video]

hmmm maybe its just creativity he's missing. A fabregas, modric player.

Togo 0-0 Uganda HT

The way these groups are panning out I can see them qualifying as the best 3rd placed team.

It's hard to judge how hard he tries because of his style. I remember some people thought Greaves and Hoddle were lazy, but they'd probably argue it was best they played in a 'non-energetic' manner.

Anyway, for me Ade will be too tired to perform well v City, Kane's in form, he should play. Of course Poch knows more about respective players' fitness than I do, but ATM I think Chadli Kane and Eriksen will be our best bet for City as an 'attacking 3'. Maybe Townsend instead of Eriksen if we want more pace, shame we don't have someone, mmm, like Welbeck :)

I agree with this, that is what i see (and that is watching him live at the lane)

BUT i admit there are days when Ade is on it. Those days are not frequent enough.

And the main problem is it is so hard to figure out why.

People argue about his performance against Southampton. I thought he was poor on the day, in hindsight i would say he was ok at best. Some of the things people were saying he did well, should be expected, they're not extraordinary, suarez type play. Remember he is meant to be good in the first place.

Now look at Southampton away last year.......bang on it. Eye of the tiger and all that. Why was he good that day?....f*ck knows. And that's the problem.

Like in the home game against Southampton, it's almost as though he has been told to do it and his energy/demeanor reflects that. In that other game he wants to do it.

It's the inconsistency that kills me, and that inconsistency very much leans on the underachieving side.

Quite.

If he were just **** I could live with it - I'm not much of a footballer either. But he's not ****, he's the best player we have when he can be arsed - the gap between motivated Ade and this season's Ade is just too big.

Back