• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I hope Kane starts instead of Ade at the Etihad. Yes, there's a case for continuity and keeping Ade as part of the 'Prem team', but I think Ade will be tired after the internationals and Kane is in better form.

Ade will start, we will lose (can't see us scoring enough against them) and hopefully Kane will start from the next game.

Trust me, it's ****ing terrible.

Fair enough, you have been there. I can easily believe it is horrible. However, all I can say is that on TV they come across better than our home crowd for the most part, IMHO. Be interested to know what most neutrals think of our respective crowds, not that there are that many 'neutrals' when it comes to football fans.

Last edited:
Not too sure about that bit but thanks for the boobys anyway.

Strange name for a bird. I wonder how they get their name?

I think one of the Mods may well be an ornithologist so maybe we'll get an answer .

There also happens to be red-footed boobys but apparently they're all scum :)

taking it back to 5 / 6 years ago....am going to fish around...do some research and look at this situation more objectively then blog it......

hopefully Ade comes out looking okay

For all the people saying that Adebayor is good, what do you think would be a reasonable return, in terms of the various key stats, at the end of the season?
The ability to cover ground with long but slow strides, doesn't count.

I think he's a very...very....very....very...poor player that lacks heart and fight.
So you criticise a player for playing to the best of his (in your opinion) low ability whilst defending someone we've all seen can be 10x the player he currently is when he can be arsed?

Seems a little strange to me...

I think he's a very...very....very....very...poor player that lacks heart and fight.

Interesting you say that KD, I think Ade is a very....very good player who lacks heart and fight.

I must say though I am suprised at your tolerance of Ade and what he has produced this season, this is not being funny or clever or anything like that just interested in your views: why do you think Ade has not been effective this season? what percentage would you say is down to ade or his teammates not doing the right things to get the best out of him?

There's always lots of debate in this thread;

Let me add some more:

If we had been able to get in Welbeck on transfer deadline day, would people prefer to have been starting him over Ade since then?

Let me add some more:

If we had been able to get in Welbeck on transfer deadline day, would people prefer to have been starting him over Ade since then?

I think thats quite easy to answer.... 90% of us would be clamouring for Welbeck to start because of the new signing factor. I would be one of them as I have had my fill of Ade, I admit this is perhaps a bit silly as obviously I would not have looked at them in training like poch would have to make the correct selection for the game.

Would Welbeck have been more effective for us than ade...I dont know....I also asked after Besiktas game whether people thought we would have more points and better peformances if we had Ba as our lone striker rather than Ade from the get go of this season???? sadly no-one answered........

I think Welbeck would have been a massive upgrade, ba a massive downgrade, he's truly awful, as he has shown against us and the neighbours in the last couple of months

I think thats quite easy to answer.... 90% of us would be clamouring for Welbeck to start because of the new signing factor. I would be one of them as I have had my fill of Ade, I admit this is perhaps a bit silly as obviously I would not have looked at them in training like poch would have to make the correct selection for the game.

Would Welbeck have been more effective for us than ade...I dont know....I also asked after Besiktas game whether people thought we would have more points and better peformances if we had Ba as our lone striker rather than Ade from the get go of this season???? sadly no-one answered........

I think I answered the question re Ba; and like Galeforce says I think he would have been a MASSIVE downgrade on Ade.

So you criticise a player for playing to the best of his (in your opinion) low ability whilst defending someone we've all seen can be 10x the player he currently is when he can be arsed?

Seems a little strange to me...

Where are you getting the idea that I feel paulinho is playing to the best of his ability?

In fact isnt one of my main criticsms of him that he doesn't try, that he backs away from challenges all the time, that hes perfectly happy to hide and allow his cm partner to do all the work.

In terms of effort it's not even comparable. It's shocking that Ade gets criticised for his lack of effort whilst paulinho is allowed to hide in every game and do nothing (I think now most have clocked on that he does this thankfully).

I think Welbeck would have been a massive upgrade, ba a massive downgrade, he's truly awful, as he has shown against us and the neighbours in the last couple of months

so Welbeck is more prolific than Ba and a far superior player? I am not so sure, goalscoring wise in the epl that Welbeck has been better than Ba. Either way Besiktas created boat loads of chances vs us & goons mainly due to Ba's efforts in the lone striker role.

I definitely think we rate English players to highly sometimes.

It's shocking that Ade gets criticised for his lack of effort whilst paulinho is allowed to hide in every game and do nothing (I think now most have clocked on that he does this thankfully).

Its shocking how he has played as many games as he has with his sack of dog mess performances, what is also shocking is that you think he puts in the effort?????

Adebayors peformances in relation to his actual ability is f**king shameful, no doubt it is Eriksen's or Lamela's fault when he looked like bambi on ice stumbling around the penalty area in the first half vs goons when he should have taken it round sneezy and slotted home.

There are plenty other examples where his standard has not been good enough.

If he has the ability unlike Paulinho then surely that is worse than a player we have found out to be just c**p?

Your assessments of Paulinho compared to Ade doesn't make sense to me, you say Paulinho hides, well ade hides away just as much imo.

Last edited:

Let me add some more:

I think that our interest in Welbeck was as a stopgap until Rodriguez might become available. That would make him a more likely replacement for Chadli than Ade.

I don't agree with KD on Ade but I don't think he is saying Ade is the best but the best we have and most suitable for pochs system.
I can see his point, don't agree with some of it but I understand it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back