• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Ok Steff I'll take that on.

I would swap Soldado for Ade into the front four with eriksen, Lamella and chadli. For me that four is a better unit wanting to play a similar style.
Ade would profit more with playing with natural wingers and someone like paulinho, though not paulinho, who is going to support him from behind.
In my view Ade wants the ball played to his body for him to get a shot off, Soldado is more a movement for a ball to be played into space to leave him one on one with the keeper type striker.
Horses for courses.
Then there's Harry, I don't think Harry is better than Ade or Soldado at anything except maybe shooting from range BUT he is much more adaptable and could play in either system which I don't think any of the other two can.

Eriksen certainly isn't doing enough which is making it easier to nullify Ade and Lamella.

I like Poch and think he's doing a good job but this forward thing is a slight worry. Everyone can see it isn't working but there doesn't see to be any change imminent.
Patience is required though and am sure he knows what he's doing.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Interesting stuff glasgow…I'm intrigued by what Soldado might do in such a line-up as it does seem well-suited to them all. I will add, as a caveat, that unless Soldado is 'served' then he will score as few goals as Ade, possibly fewer.

That's fair enough but before the season started there seemed to be a consensus that we needed to give the new manager time to bed in his ideas and assess the squad. What has changed to make people think that we should no longer do this?

Believe me I am as pig sick as anyone with the constant chopping and changing of managers, I want Poch to get time, and I understand we will need to be patient.

I just hope we are not fixated with just one style of play, I hope we attain a squad adaptable and adept with at least three styles of play.......Pressing,counter & possession type play, either way Ade is at the stage of decline rather than being able to improve us for the future.

Believe me I am as pig sick as anyone with the constant chopping and changing of managers, I want Poch to get time, and I understand we will need to be patient.

I just hope we are not fixated with just one style of play, I hope we attain a squad adaptable and adept with at least three styles of play.......Pressing,counter & possession type play, either way Ade is at the stage of decline rather than being able to improve us for the future.
I think that he has already shown his flexibility. We went into the Arsenal games with a different strategy and he has been willing to change tactics in game.

Interesting stuff glasgow…I'm intrigued by what Soldado might do in such a line-up as it does seem well-suited to them all. I will add, as a caveat, that unless Soldado is 'served' then he will score as few goals as Ade, possibly fewer.
I think that if we did this we would need to re-jig the three behind the striker. You'd want more out of the number 10, with them dictating play and you'd probably want the wide two playing on their natural side more frequently.

at the moment we're got one of the weakest attacks in the EPL, maybe its time for a change of tactics to suit the players we have ?

if poch insists that we stick to his style, he should have demanded that we got him a striker that can.

while i agree with glasgowspur that poch must not be stubborn in changing his ways, i would also understand that its still early days and perhaps the priority is to get the system bedded down first. in which case, then poch is taking a big risk going for the long term at the expense of the short term.

We don't have one of the weakest attacks in the EPL. Criticise our attack all you like, but let's not get into ridiculous statements. Anyone outside the top 8 would kill to have our attacking players, let's not kid ourselves.

Spot on with the number 10 milo, but I think Lamella and chadli exchanging sides would still work. Also gives the option of one them making an oblique run into the box as they swop sides.

In all honesty I don't see Poch changing to much soon. We've struggled to score since Harry left so it's not as if it's a problem he's created. DL will give him time because Poch will work within the finances, will the fans though? I hope we do because I like what I've seen so far. Ideal world it's not the type of football I would really like us play but it can be very effective.

Just getting back on topic with Ade. His form has dropped but look how quick rose and kaboul have picked up.
This time 3 weeks ago most people would have picked one of them for the chop!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think it's to do with your "like nor dislike Ade" comment which tbf is the equivalent of me saying i "like nor dislike Paulinho".

I don't though. He's underperforming and I'm calling him out on it. Same can be said of half the team though can't it?

We don't have one of the weakest attacks in the EPL. Criticise our attack all you like, but let's not get into ridiculous statements. Anyone outside the top 8 would kill to have our attacking players, let's not kid ourselves.

the context here is with regards to Ade's poor movement into the box, after he's done all the brilliant pressing. and lets not kid ourselves having big name proven players (like Emmanuel Adebayor) does not translate to shots on goal. lets look at some stats:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014

try the bottom table " positional statistics" and click on the "shots zone" tab. you can sort the following columns:

- "in 6 yard box" we are 5% joint second last with swansea, beating aston villa

- "in 18 yard box" we are 44% joint third from bottom with Norwich, beating sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

- "outside of box" we are 51% ... 4th from top beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine, sunderland and aston villa. looks like we are forced to shoot from the outside. Note that at the opposite end of this table are Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Pool.

You and Milo must have had the tv on quite loud then :p It sounded half hearted to me, not as loud as it was a couple of seasons ago.

Everything is half-hearted at that ****hole. What a terrible 'stadium' it is, the worst sort of soulless prawn sandwich bowl with chivvy part-timers everywhere. I despise the place, I really do. Makes me yearn for scumbury.

At this very early stage I think we will be unless there is an overwhelming reason not to be (e.g Arsenal), the reason being that it's the only way the players will learn the system. To illustrate with a stupid example, if you play in a rock band you need to practice your songs until you know them inside out, upside down back to front so that when you go to play live, you don't need to think 'what chord do I play next' and can really concentrate on performing. Once you nail the rock songs and your performances are consistently excellent in that style, you can move on to jazz, classical etc etc.

The players are still 'learning the songs' so to speak. Still thinking, right Erik has the ball, where should I be/go/run to? Eventually they won't even have to think about these things and will be able to just go out there and express themselves without the system suffering. Until we get to that stage the performances will suffer though.

Silly example, but it was all I could think of to get my point across :special:

I hope Kane starts instead of Ade at the Etihad. Yes, there's a case for continuity and keeping Ade as part of the 'Prem team', but I think Ade will be tired after the internationals and Kane is in better form.

Incidentally I haven't been to the Emirates, but on TV, according to the wife, their crowd comes across as being much better than our crowd at the Lane these days. I tend to agree with her, though accept some/a lot of the sound is dependent on TV issues. Certainly I would be amazed if the atmosphere is worse at the Emirates, compared to the flat toxic atmosphere that I experienced far too often at Spurs in recent years before I gave up going.

I actually remember the old brass band at Highbury in the 60s. Overall there's no doubt that during that decade we had the better atmosphere, but we had the better team as well. Once Arsenal only got 4000 for a league game (against Leeds I think) that decade another time 8000 (West Brom?), boy have they found some new supporters since then

At this very early stage I think we will be unless there is an overwhelming reason not to be (e.g Arsenal), the reason being that it's the only way the players will learn the system. To illustrate with a stupid example, if you play in a rock band you need to practice your songs until you know them inside out, upside down back to front so that when you go to play live, you don't need to think 'what chord do I play next' and can really concentrate on performing. Once you nail the rock songs and your performances are consistently excellent in that style, you can move on to jazz, classical etc etc.

The players are still 'learning the songs' so to speak. Still thinking, right Erik has the ball, where should I be/go/run to? Eventually they won't even have to think about these things and will be able to just go out there and express themselves without the system suffering. Until we get to that stage the performances will suffer though.

Silly example, but it was all I could think of to get my point across :special:
That's an excellent analogy.

Is this good or bad??

PS. Thanks for all the blue-footed boobys.

I think it'll be good for Ade's confidence if he were to lift that trophy, so what's good for Ade is good for Spurs.

You're welcome .

Everybody just type my name into your search engines prior to kick-off and I will fulfill all your needs :cool:

Boobys? Can't even say R.I.V.E.R.S. anymore??

Why say R.I.V.E.R.S. when we can say Boobys ?

Anyway ....here's me boat - nice to meet you .

Smoqslr.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is half-hearted at that ****hole. What a terrible 'stadium' it is, the worst sort of soulless prawn sandwich bowl with chivvy part-timers everywhere. I despise the place, I really do. Makes me yearn for scumbury.

They've definitely booed him louder in the past. They did themselves a favour by getting rid of him, you'd think their fans would remember that rather than the goal celebration.

I think it'll be good for Ade's confidence if he were to lift that trophy, so what's good for Ade is good for Spurs.

You're welcome .

Everybody just type my name into your search engines prior to kick-off and I will fulfill all your needs :cool:

Why say R.I.V.E.R.S. when we can say Boobys ?

Anyway ....here's me boat - nice to meet you .

Smoqslr.jpg

Not too sure about that bit but thanks for the boobys anyway.

Strange name for a bird. I wonder how they get their name?

I hope Kane starts instead of Ade at the Etihad. Yes, there's a case for continuity and keeping Ade as part of the 'Prem team', but I think Ade will be tired after the internationals and Kane is in better form.

Incidentally I haven't been to the Emirates, but on TV, according to the wife, their crowd comes across as being much better than our crowd at the Lane these days. I tend to agree with her, though accept some/a lot of the sound is dependent on TV issues. Certainly I would be amazed if the atmosphere is worse at the Emirates, compared to the flat toxic atmosphere that I experienced far too often at Spurs in recent years before I gave up going.

I actually remember the old brass band at Highbury in the 60s. Overall there's no doubt that during that decade we had the better atmosphere, but we had the better team as well. Once Arsenal only got 4000 for a league game (against Leeds I think) that decade another time 8000 (West Brom?), boy have they found some new supporters since then

Trust me, it's ****ing terrible.

Back