• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

That's a good point, strikers are expected to be more well rounded, but they would still expect them to score goals. There's plenty of strikers out there who can do what you say and still get goals.

You'll find no argument from me that there are better strikers out there than Ade and that he is not in great goalscoring form at the moment.

Eriksen hasn't played there most of the time there though. He's been on the right and the left recently too.
But for me Lamela should play in the middle and Eriksen on the left. Kane or Chadli on the right

But they have been given the license to switch off each other and find the spaces! They aren't platting static positions, or that is at least not the idea behind the system. Of all the players there Chadli is the one who seems to get it best of all, which in and of itself is both fascinating and a shock! Ericksen most certainly can play there in this system, and as shown against soton,do so with a degree of success if he's going to have pop/have a run when the space is there.

I've never known anyone who cares about what they're doing to laugh when they **** up. I've known a handful of people to do so because they don't give a **** (usually because they're getting paid anyway).

As it seems to me that this is the norm, I'll need contrary evidence to disprove it.

You will never, ever entertain another opinion on this matter, and frankly, I think it's disingenuous to pretend you would. For what it's worth I disagree, furthermore, if you'd like, we can get into the science of laughter, why some people laugh at what some would consider a very odd time and what it says about the person (no no NO, NOT that they are a knut who doesn't care and doesn't give a ****tey!!!!)…I just wish you'd admit you flat-out hate him rather than trying to justify the opinion by denigrating everything he does.

You will never, ever entertain another opinion on this matter, and frankly, I think it's disingenuous to pretend you would. For what it's worth I disagree, furthermore, if you'd like, we can get into the science of laughter, why some people laugh at what some would consider a very odd time and what it says about the person (no no NO, NOT that they are a knut who doesn't care and doesn't give a ****tey!!!!)…I just wish you'd admit you flat-out hate him rather than trying to justify the opinion by denigrating everything he does.

No need for the lecture on laughter thanks mate, got enough of an understanding of it.

You're right, I don't like him one bit and I don't think I've ever hidden that. The reasons for my dislike are his actions (and lack of, on the pitch) since joining our club.

If he were to stop fraudulently stealing over £5M per year from our club under the guise of being a professional footballer then I'd have no issue with him.

oh and I also dont like Ade's hair :)

But that's unfair. Soldado hasn't got as much, and people don't moan. And then there's Kane who's just a traditional parting sort of guy .. no pretence at tight plaits at all. A's hair works much harder than anyone else, and has a giggle even in the hardest matches.

But that's unfair. Soldado hasn't got as much, and people don't moan. And then there's Kane who's just a traditional parting sort of guy .. no pretence at tight plaits at all. A's hair works much harder than anyone else, and has a giggle even in the hardest matches.
Kane has terrible hair. What's with that Captain America bullsh1t?

Steff I fail to see what you're offering to this discussion and sarcastic comments about laughter are way below what you're capable of. Scara has been spot on.

No need for the lecture on laughter thanks mate, got enough of an understanding of it.

You're right, I don't like him one bit and I don't think I've ever hidden that. The reasons for my dislike are his actions (and lack of, on the pitch) since joining our club.

If he were to stop fraudulently stealing over £5M per year from our club under the guise of being a professional footballer then I'd have no issue with him.

Fair enough, apologies, certainly didn't mean to offend.

Fair enough, apologies, certainly didn't mean to offend.
No no, my bad. Reading it back it sounded snappier than I intended - just meant that I understand the role smiling has played throughout evolution, and had taken that into account when judging Ade.

Steff I fail to see what you're offering to this discussion and sarcastic comments about laughter are way below what you're capable of. Scara has been spot on.
Steff has his opinions on Ade just as we all do. He doesn't have to be right to have a valid opinion ;)

Roy.
Mate. You're off-base on this one. No sarcasm whatsoever. Here, read about it in this wikipedia link (there are many pieces written on the subject, but this link does a decent job of gathering the basics behind the point).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter

I am no doctor, and furthermore, I am not even going to try and say that Adebayor is Messi and should be given a free pass. He has not scored enough goals. But here's MY point Roy; I believe that much of the criticisms aimed at Adebayor are unfair and unqualified. This, in my opinion, is one of them. his why I chose to respond.

I have no worries whatsoever with a difference of opinion, but in this case, mine was not at all sarcastic. As for you failing to see what I'm offering to the discussion, try looking at the numerous times I've detailed what I believe has been the tactical use of Adebayor this season. Again, disagree all you like, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to genuinely say I've offered nothing to the discussion other than sarcasm. Trust me mate,if I wanted to be sarcastic, I'd have been there a long time ago.

Steff has his opinions on Ade just as we all do. He doesn't have to be right to have a valid opinion ;)

Absolutely!
In fact, in the spirit of fair play, let me say exactly the same back!:lol:

I will say that as with most of these discussions where opinions get increasingly polarized, I suspect the truth sits somewhere in the middle. He hasn't been good enough for what we need and he hasn't been as shocking as some think.

No no, my bad. Reading it back it sounded snappier than I intended - just meant that I understand the role smiling has played throughout evolution, and had taken that into account when judging Ade.

It's funny because Roy thought I was being sarcastic when I actually wasn't. I genuinely think Ade is one of those blokes who, when the pressure is high and the **** up a touch amplified, smiles and shrugs rather than 'Roy Keane's' it. I have to say too (and again, I don't wish to use it as an excuse for anything) I have always felt that since the whole Togolese shooting situation (where gunmen targeted the 'wrong' bus of the two and killed a whole bunch of staff with the front bus dodging a lesser spray of bullets) his attitude to life generally has to have shifted. I think had it happened to me it would have for sure. Perhaps I'm guilty of projecting there?

Anyway…onwards!

Onwards indeed. However, sending links to 'the history of laughter' for want of a better description is not needed. You can't just say that's how he is! Laughing at some of the things he does/doesn't do doesn't come across well - remember Ian Walker?

Anyway, back to his footballing faults eh ;)

I think Steff is right perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle where it comes to some of the more extreme views regarding Ade.

other than commenting on Ade's hair for KD's benefit I have tried to keep my views relating to the crucial point, his performances for us as a striker this season. I doubt I would feel the way I do if I thought it was just a simple case of him being s**t. I actually think he can be a beast on his day, my strong anti ade feelings are because I think he has the tools but not the right mentality/attitude when it come to using them, I dont think our other players feel they can rely on him or that they think he will help their cause by running through walls for them.

I feel his best years are behind him, I dont think he helps us tactically, and I dont feel he scores enough goals its as simple as that.

I guess if poch does want to move him on it makes sense to play him regulary so other parties remain interested, what I care about is our future not just the here and now, I love players that are trying their nuts off and are hungry to succeed! I feel it would be far more beneficial for us and our future to give young Mr Kane more game time, it also wouldn't hurt to play Soldado a bit more to try and salvage something from him.

I think most of us feel he has short changed us with the appearances he has had this season, if anyone should be playing Thursday nights its him from now on, time to reward young Mr Kane for his efforts this season, I dont think we need to hold Kane back, I think he is ready to go now.....we need someone up front playing well and playing with a bit of confidence.

Sorry Steff I completely get that people are different and react in different ways to adversity and setbacks....like Roy I have to admit the laughter annoys the hell out of me 2! I dont think Ade cares so I dont care very much for him! not the way I want to feel about any player in our shirt but there you go.

Onwards indeed. However, sending links to 'the history of laughter' for want of a better description is not needed. You can't just say that's how he is! Laughing at some of the things he does/doesn't do doesn't come across well - remember Ian Walker?

Anyway, back to his footballing faults eh ;)

If Steff cannot comment on why Ade might laugh after ****ing up, neither can people who use it as evidence on him being lazy or not giving a ****. We can't have it both ways.

I think Steff is right perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle where it comes to some of the more extreme views regarding Ade.

other than commenting on Ade's hair for KD's benefit I have tried to keep my views relating to the crucial point, his performances for us as a striker this season. I doubt I would feel the way I do if I thought it was just a simple case of him being s**t. I actually think he can be a beast on his day, my strong anti ade feelings are because I think he has the tools but not the right mentality/attitude when it come to using them, I dont think our other players feel they can rely on him or that they think he will help their cause by running through walls for them.

I feel his best years are behind him, I dont think he helps us tactically, and I dont feel he scores enough goals its as simple as that.

I guess if poch does want to move him on it makes sense to play him regulary so other parties remain interested, what I care about is our future not just the here and now, I love players that are trying their nuts off and are hungry to succeed! I feel it would be far more beneficial for us and our future to give young Mr Kane more game time, it also wouldn't hurt to play Soldado a bit more to try and salvage something from him.

I think most of us feel he has short changed us with the appearances he has had this season, if anyone should be playing Thursday nights its him from now on, time to reward young Mr Kane for his efforts this season, I dont think we need to hold Kane back, I think he is ready to go now.....we need someone up front playing well and playing with a bit of confidence.

Sorry Steff I completely get that people are different and react in different ways to adversity and setbacks....like Roy I have to admit the laughter annoys the hell out of me 2! I dont think Ade cares so I dont care very much for him! not the way I want to feel about any player in our shirt but there you go.

I completely agree.

Talent really isn't my beef with him, it's application and desire. I think he has underachieved in his career giving the talent he possesses.

Also agree Kane should be given a chance.

Oh, and the laughing thing doesn't really bother me. Being offside constantly does though, especially when it's due to standing in offside positions or jogging back from offside positions rather than mistiming runs.

Back