• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Llorente is not that fast nor mobile. He is however a superb target man and an excellent finisher. They might work well as a pair in fact.

this is the impression i have of him too, and yes to the pairing with Ade playing a kind of number 10 role, linking up attacking moves and providing assists

Llorente is not that fast nor mobile. He is however a superb target man and an excellent finisher. They might work well as a pair in fact.

I'd be more than happy to have them both at the club.

It's only if forced to make a choice between the two that I'd lean towards Ade.

I'd be more than happy to have them both at the club.

It's only if forced to make a choice between the two that I'd lean towards Ade.

Yeah me too. Ade seems to like it here and we know it works well with our system (mostly). 100k wages max though.

Llorente is a gamble, as is any new signing, but he looks a top player too.

And Im saying if pace is your main reason to opt for Ade (hypthetically) then i wouldnt think that is fair/100% accurate

Well, on the few occasions I've seen him, he's looked slow and cumbersome.

Technically good, strong and excellent in the air. But slow. Certainly, much slower than Ade.

Exactly the impression I have taken of him.

I have no doubt he has a lot of class, but I do question how he would fit into the physicality and pace of this league

Exactly how many full 90 mins games have you seen him play out of interest?

I've seen enough of him to know that he's not quick and that Ade is considerably quicker.

That's not to say that he doesn't "move well for his size".

And before you use another straw man reference - there is a large pecentage on here who belive ibrahimovic is a brick striker mostly due to the face theie limited exposure has come via CL games of him playing vs Sky 4 clubs hence the subjective sample of games used to pass on judgement

My question was to nayim but np

In what is ade quicker? Turning? 100 yard sprint? Dribble? First touch? Link up? Running of the ball? Closing down defenders?

If it was a choice between Llorente and Adebayor, I'd take Llorente. At least you always know what your going to get with Llorente i.e. great skill, physical, good finisher, good in the air whereas Adebayor will always throw in a 2 out of 10 every now and then and have games where he looks either disinterested/embarassed (see Arsenal away). Llorente bullied the United defence last night. Adebayor always starts off well with every club he goes to, then it seems to fizzle out for him. As much as I've been impressed with Adebayor in certain games for us, I'd choose Llorente.

Exactly how many full 90 mins games have you seen him play out of interest?

Not many if Im honest, which I why am not vehemently arguing either way - simply pointing out the impression I have of him.

How many games should I have seen before I can observe that I dont think he has a great deal of pace or mobility? Is here a rule on this kind of thing?

And before this season I have had an active interest in La Liga, so its not just sporadic european games I have seen him in.

Ibrahimovic is a striker who has rarely impressed me, but I have never made a resounding judgement of him as I just havent seen him consistently enough to judge. I have to say though he was magnificent against Arsenal the other week, so good I have re-thought my impressions of him a great deal

If it was a choice between Llorente and Adebayor, I'd take Llorente. At least you always know what your going to get with Llorente i.e. great skill, physical, good finisher, good in the air whereas Adebayor will always throw in a 2 out of 10 every now and then and have games where he looks either disinterested/embarassed (see Arsenal away). Llorente bullied the United defence last night. Adebayor always starts off well with every club he goes to, then it seems to fizzle out for him. As much as I've been impressed with Adebayor in certain games for us, I'd choose Llorente.

I would go for Llorente too. I think that he is a better finisher and is more consistent.

Llorente is certainly less mobile than Adebayor, if we go for him we might have to have someone quicker and more aggresive to support him than Rafa.
Unless we want to revert to the old Crouch+VDV long ball style again. Would love to have Rossi and Llorente up front, with his recent injury it could be a good time to sign Rossi at an affordable price. Id swap them with VDV and Defoe if possible.

for all his mobility, ade loses the ball far too often for me to be pleased with him. its not like he is trying a difficult trick, it just seems to bounce or bobble off his shin or knee.

Back