• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I watch all the Spanish games that are on the tele every weekend and i have watched Bilbao a number of times this season including the champions league. Llorente is a nightmare for defenders and 1 of the only big guys who i have seen that bully defenders and make them look silly. He is always winning headers, is a fantastic target man and also makes some incredible runs in the box. This talk about him not being quick enough is ridiculous as pace is not everything regardless of how a team play. IMHO he is better than Ade.

I think we have seen the best of Ade in a spurs shirt. One of the main reasons he came to spurs on loan was for him to start enjoying his football again. I think he is taking the enjoying part a bit too far if you watch he is always joking around with everyone like its Sunday league and its starting to take its toll. 1 season enough for me thank you very much.

Exactly how many full 90 mins games have you seen him play out of interest?

Ive seen more then 15 Bilbao games over a 5 year span (not including highlights) and i'd say Jimmyb's description is spot on. Back in 08 was when i first said we should sign him on here but Adebayor suits our game far far more nowadays.

Which striker is better when the chances are crossed low and hard? All this talk about winning headers is almost mute if our wingers keep delivering the ball on the ground.

Ade and Kanoute

Never really thought about this until Pleat compared them today.

Quite a few similarities between the pair: powerful, good technique, great with their back to goal, selfless workers, intelligent at bringing teammates into game, decent but unspectacular striking rate and occasionally questionable temperament.

A lot of people didn't realise how good/important Kanoute was till he had gone (although it was more after Berbatov had gone too that we longed for him most). I wonder if we'll make the same mistake with Ade.

Freddie left too soon, Berba left too soon, i fear we will soon be missing Ade

cursed

Kanoute was sold too soon although behind the scenes issues helped advance that particular scenario more quickly than we would have liked. Would have been interesting how we would have done in 05-06 with him in the side as the "big man" instead of Mido? Could well have been the difference between finishing 4th and where we eventually finished, in 5th.

He could be frustratingly mediocre but also totally unplayable. I think one of his best performances for us was at the back end of 04-05 when we thumped Aston Villa 5-1 at WHL. He was on fire that day, grabbed a couple and an assist and could have had a couple more of each with a bit of luck. Led the line really well when he was on form, such a shame that he only stayed 2 seasons imo.

I loved Kanoute but he didn't half fudge me off when he moved to us and then decided he was Malian and fudged off to the ACN.

I sometimes forget how lazy Kanoute could be sometimes. Even more so than Ade. When he was up for it, like when he first signed for us before leaving to play in the ACN, or when we went on that 5 game winning run when Jol first took over, he was awesome. It was a shame we sold him as we suffered for it in the next season.

Wiki tells me Kanoute scored 14 goals in 60 games for Spurs.

I've always been rather baffled by the adoring tone many Spurs fans have when speaking about him.

I sometimes forget how lazy Kanoute could be sometimes. Even more so than Ade. When he was up for it, like when he first signed for us before leaving to play in the ACN, or when we went on that 5 game winning run when Jol first took over, he was awesome. It was a shame we sold him as we suffered for it in the next season.

Not really - Mido and Keane formed a great partnership that next season.

We suffered for it between 2008-11 though.

Not really - Mido and Keane formed a great partnership that next season.

We suffered for it between 2008-11 though.

We did suffer for it because Mido also was someone who had anonymous periods. That left us playing Keane and Defoe up top at times. Plus he did have his problems during 05-06, pretty sure Mido missed like the last 7-8 weeks because of a silly injury or something along those lines.

Wiki tells me Kanoute scored 14 goals in 60 games for Spurs.

I've always been rather baffled by the adoring tone many Spurs fans have when speaking about him.

Tbf that probably only counts league games. I don't deny he was a frustrating player but he was so so typically Spurs in terms of his class and qualities which is probably why most Spurs fans remember him fondly. Given the choice of havinh him or Mido for the 05-06 season I would have taken Kanoute.

Back