• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I have slagged him off a lot this season and all deserved, but today he was immense, he held the ball up like he was supposed to, showed brilliant skill and technique and scored a beast of a goal. Where the fudge has this brilliance been all season because I have not seen it

So what's to be done? Before tonight I was all for getting rid of him in the summer, but performances like that show that he really could lead our line in a push for great things. What a frustrating player! I say give him one more year; he has not been able to settle at a club properly since Arsenal, and maybe he can start getting some consistency together.

/waits for the inevitable fanboy vs hater name-calling to commence

Why does somebody have to be either?

Had a terrific match today. Wonderful goal and a cheeky assist, held the ball up well. Shame that doesn't seem to be the Ade you get 80% of the season.

First 30 he was invisible but then he stepped up. Fair play to him. Still want him replaced in te summer!!

I have slagged him off a lot this season and all deserved, but today he was immense, he held the ball up like he was supposed to, showed brilliant skill and technique and scored a beast of a goal. Where the fudge has this brilliance been all season because I have not seen it

Same here. As I said in the OOMT, I'd literally forgotten how good he can be when on form.

So what's to be done? Before tonight I was all for getting rid of him in the summer, but performances like that show that he really could lead our line in a push for great things. What a frustrating player! I say give him one more year; he has not been able to settle at a club properly since Arsenal, and maybe he can start getting some consistency together.

I would still get rid

One very good performance never outweighs his leathergic performances. Ill get lambasted but dont care.

For now he played well... doesnt particularly change anything the way Bales performance today doesnt change what a player he is

I would still get rid

One very good performance never outweighs his leathergic performances. Ill get lambasted but dont care.

For now he played well... doesnt particularly change anything the way Bales performance today doesnt change what a player he is

Said it at the end of last season he's too inconsistent to depend on.
He still is.

Last edited:

rumor has it he only signed a two year deal - could mean that with one year remaining, next season, we may well see him back in this kind of form more regular :eek:

That's not hating by the way Arc. I really wish it had come earlier that's all.

Was actually referring to the bizarre polarisation which has resulted this season - some fans simply refused to acknowledge others felt he was in poor form and vice versa. Just look at some of the wum-comments in the OMT - nothing but petty point-scoring

Had a massive game tonight, lets all be happy

I would still get rid

It's a fair opinion, as he has been genuinely brick for a large portion of the season. I just can't shake the feeling that maybe there's a chance we can somehow get him playing like tonight regularly, and then we've got a star in our hands. I still think we should go for a striker (or two) in the summer, as I think Defoe is genuinely past it now and we cannot do with just Ade, but I think if we can afford it then we should keep him.

Back