• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This.
Unless you have Lennon and Bale on the same pitch, when then it could work but even THEN only if Sandro or Hudd are in...

Even though Defoe has scored against both Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea? Both big teams and generally played better against the big teams than Ade has.

Adebayor was shown up when Defoe came on. Not that Defoe was unbelievably good. It was simply the difference between having a striker prepared to work for his team mates and posing a geniune threat vs another waste of space display from Ade. I dont know why some people continue to defend his shocking performances, but the "he wore down their defence" comment is certainly the most inventive explanation of his (lack of) contribution to date.

avb did the right thing by having ade start.

the goals came when play opened up in the 2nd half (bale said this in his post match interview) and we were going "long" with holtby and thudd - perfect for defoe and bale to run on to.

siggy, ade, parker all did their part in fighting for every ball, and committing to a high paced first half.

avb deserves alot for his gameplan today. mancini was totally drawn into committing everything into the first half and was totally caught out by AVB's plan B. Their players looked both devastated and exhausted at the end.

+1

Defoe is far more impressive generally as a substitute than he is as a starter.

Adebayor was shown up when Defoe came on. Not that Defoe was unbelievably good. It was simply the difference between having a striker prepared to work for his team mates and posing a geniune threat vs another waste of space display from Ade. I dont know why some people continue to defend his shocking performances, but the "he wore down their defence" comment is certainly the most inventive explanation of his (lack of) contribution to date.

I know mate it's unbelievable. The man offers virtually no goal threat whatsoever. I know we haven't created boat loads of chances this season, but Defoe has still managed to get double figures, despite being so inferior to Ade apparently.

What exactly did Defoe do outside his goal?

He touched the ball on 4 separate occasions in 20 minutes.

He scored from one, which is good.

He made 3 passes, 2 of them successful, according to the stats.

What is it exactly that he did that makes him superior to Ade as first choice lone striker?

I think this match should have proved beyond a doubt to those that don't believe, that AVB is an excellent tactician.

Steff - you can also argue that yeah he got it right eventually but why didnt he start with it if it was the formation that would have broken them down? Now we cant say for certain it would have worked from the get go but I dont think a coach sets out a team to go 1-0, give them a false sense of security then shock and awe them with 15 mins to go.

You're happy with how he played today and his performances this season?

Sorry but I expect £100k a week strikers to do more than "creatw space" and "work the defence"

Ades must be laughing all the way to the bank if people are lowering their expectations to effectively what Kevin Doyle/Kenwyne Jones would do for a quarter of the pay. For me its not that he is lazy, its that he hides. He wont take shots or make clever runs to try and get in to goal scoring positions because he knows he'll probably miss anyway.

Is is too much to ask of a striker to actually attack and maybe once in a while get the ball and actually kick it towards the opposition goal instead of faffing about outside the box? Can anyone remember the last time Ade took a shot outside the box?

What has Adebayor done all season?

Why can a £100k a week striker only muster 3 league goals playing in a top 5 side?

Why can't some posters just admit that Ade has been awful this season?

I find it similarly strange that so many have nothing better to talk about than spewing hate about the same player week after week, day after day, regardless of what has or hasn't happened.

I find it similarly strange that so many have nothing better to talk about than spewing hate about the same player week after week, day after day, regardless of what has or hasn't happened.

This is the Adebayor thread. Go to the other threads of players who are playing well if you want positivity and posters praising players.

What exactly did Defoe do outside his goal?

He touched the ball on 4 separate occasions in 20 minutes.

He scored from one, which is good.

He made 3 passes, 2 of them successful, according to the stats.

What is it exactly that he did that makes him superior to Ade as first choice lone striker?

Do you have stats on Adebayor. Touches, kept play, passes blah blah. Not a big stat guy myself, but I'd be interested to see what he did stat wise in 60 mins in comparison to say Dzeko up the other end.

Do you have stats on Adebayor. Touches, kept play, passes blah blah. Not a big stat guy myself, but I'd be interested to see what he did stat wise in 60 mins in comparison to say Dzeko up the other end.

First post of the ratings thread.

Ade ---------------------Dzeko
65% --Pass Accuracy----68%
43%---Aerials Won-------22%
27-------Touches---------44
1---------Fouls------------0
0------Total Shots----------2
1 -----Dribbles Won-------0
0--------Tackles-----------0
6.1-------Rating-----------6

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615275/Live

Thought he was very poor today and offered limited threat. Would like to see him sold in the summer as he's simply far too unreliable - has far far too many poor games particularly for someone being paid £100k per week. Need to support him for the rest of the year and then try to bring in greater quality and quantity of forwards next year. Only reason I would keep Defoe ahead of Ade is that he tries and is a better squad player than Ade

Thought he was very poor today and offered limited threat. Would like to see him sold in the summer as he's simply far too unreliable - has far far too many poor games particularly for someone being paid £100k per week. Need to support him for the rest of the year and then try to bring in greater quality and quantity of forwards next year. Only reason I would keep Defoe ahead of Ade is that he tries and is a better squad player than Ade

Ade's still paid £200k pw. He was playing in a match between both his employers today!

It's why we won't be able to offload him, even if we want to.

Unbelievable comments again. Ade wore down their defence and made it easier for our guys to run them ragged 2nd half.
We beat the champions 3-1 and the defence done their job today.

I do not mean to be rude but seriously, have you been on the sauce?

Back