• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Still the same old faces making the same old illogical arguments. Some of them strain credulity. A poster said he hoped Ade scores in every game so we can sell him and another says he does not like the way Ade smiles all the time.
We have no problems in attack at the moment with Ade leading the line. We scored 2 goals away from home in Basle and 2 against a rock solid Everton defence. We have scored 24 goals in our last 13 games. We have scored 8 in our last 4, and Ade has 3 in 6. We should be winning games when we score twice. If we don’t, that is not Ade’s fault.
Our problem is in defence. Ade is just a spacegoat whereas a more logical spacegoat (because fans here seem to need one) would be Lloris.
If he boots that miskewed pass from Walker into row Z our momentum is intact. Remember we were on our best ever (?) EPL run at the time.
Ade is a skilful and intelligent, hard working player who is easy on the eye and scores goals. If he stays fit and with no ACN (?) next season we can expect at least last season’s return from him. There is no better forward than him that we could buy for less than £15 million and there is no forward in the world that is guaranteed (as Ade is now) to fit in at Spurs and score goals. Torres, anyone?

Still the same old faces making the same old illogical arguments. Some of them strain credulity. A poster said he hoped Ade scores in every game so we can sell him and another says he does not like the way Ade smiles all the time.
We have no problems in attack at the moment with Ade leading the line. We scored 2 goals away from home in Basle and 2 against a rock solid Everton defence. We have scored 24 goals in our last 13 games. We have scored 8 in our last 4, and Ade has 3 in 6. We should be winning games when we score twice. If we don’t, that is not Ade’s fault.
Our problem is in defence. Ade is just a spacegoat whereas a more logical spacegoat (because fans here seem to need one) would be Lloris.
If he boots that miskewed pass from Walker into row Z our momentum is intact. Remember we were on our best ever (?) EPL run at the time.
Ade is a skilful and intelligent, hard working player who is easy on the eye and scores goals. If he stays fit and with no ACN (?) next season we can expect at least last season’s return from him. There is no better forward than him that we could buy for less than £15 million and there is no forward in the world that is guaranteed (as Ade is now) to fit in at Spurs and score goals. Torres, anyone?

I agreed with you, up until you mentioned that it was Lloris we should spacegoat. You went horribly downhill from there.

I agree that it is the defence that has been at fault recently though.

Last edited:
I agreed with you, up until you mentioned that it was Lloris we should spacegoat. You went horribly downhill from there.

Tbf, I think the point he was making that it was ridicoulus to be looking for a spacegoat and if we are going to spacegoat Ade, that it would be slightly less ridicoulous to spacegoat Lloris.

Agree that our defence has gone to pot. Perhaps it has been since the West Ham game? Worryong thing is that it's not one source of ****-ups...

I don't want ANY spacegoats.

Defoe screwed up in the same game but both he and Lloris have both contributed majorly to our recent success. If both were poor in most games I would call for them to be dropped. But they ain't and neither is Ade.

Tbf, I think the point he was making that it was ridicoulus to be looking for a spacegoat and if we are going to spacegoat Ade, that it would be slightly less ridicoulous to spacegoat Lloris.

Agree that our defence has gone to pot. Perhaps it has been since the West Ham game? Worryong thing is that it's not one source of ****-ups...

He loves Ade and is more than likely related to him.

No one is spacegoating him, we are just not blind to the fact that he's had a poor season and has been one of our worst players.

Hope Adebayor will be motivated against his old team ManCity. If he doesn't, might as well drop him for the remaining matches.

Come on Ade you've got a big match winning performance in you. You know it. We know it.

Make City feel the full force of it today.

COYS

People have been for a while mate...that's the truth...

I don't agree about him being a spacegoat steff, he is subject to deserved criticism as our main striker as he is not playing up to a standard we know he can. He alone is not to blame for our poor results but he is not doing enough to lead the line. I agree with onlyme re: the defence but I guess that is because they are subject to the most rotation and we cannot get a settled back 4. Ade has scored 3 in the last 6 but that just masks a poor season. This seems to be a pattern at every club he has been at bar real madrid so Spurs fans are not alone.

Ade is one of our top paid players and been our worst performer. He seems a weak character and even at his top level would never make it a real top team. Ade belongs in Dubai where he can just jog about and collect his wages, not here at Spurs.

Defoe comes on and shows Ade up big time. If Ade wasnt physically big, he'd be useless to us. The only argument for Ade over Defoe is that he can hold up the ball and support other players but he cant even manage even that, never mind the fact he cant actually shoot.

I really do not like slaughtering players especially after the win but Ade is a fudgein disgrace and an insult to the shirt and to the fans. Some will argue but the way I view it is the performances are utter disgraceful.

Defoe comes on and shows Ade up big time. If Ade wasnt physically big, he'd be useless to us. The only argument for Ade over Defoe is that he can hold up the ball and support other players but he cant even manage even that, never mind the fact he cant actually shoot.
yeah , if ade doesnt offer the other things which he did do last season then he really shouldnt be first choice right now

Adebayor offers virtually nothing. While Defoe has been injured we've effectively been playing with 10 men.

Unbelievable comments again. Ade wore down their defence and made it easier for our guys to run them ragged 2nd half.
We beat the champions 3-1 and the defence done their job today.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on him. Can someone besides Onlyme give me an honest assessment of how we he played and how we looked after he went off?

Didn't see the game so can't comment on him. Can someone besides Onlyme give me an honest assessment of how we he played and how we looked after he went off?

The problem with Ade is that he isnt direct, he doesnt shoot or take his man on.

A bit like Parker or Siggurdson, he wants to pass it around all day long until we actually lose the ball.

This why the subs by avb were good because on came defoe and Hudd who have only one thing in mind, passing direct to striker for Hudd and shooting for defoe. And thats what we want.

Well, Gary Neville said he was useless and one of the worst performances he has seen from him.

Had to watch on tele today as I am in a walking boot at the minute. :( Missed a cracker

Last edited:
Back