• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I don't think Defoe would start ahead of Ade. In fact when they have both been fit it's been Ade getting the green light.

He's worse than inconsistent. He's detrimental to our all round play. Even when he plays well (scores a goal) he's not particularly good.

Funny how Defoe gets almost no credit for scoring goals which helped the team maintain a top 4 push until Decmeber, whereas Adebayor gets credit for "creating space" but scoring no goals and missing chances my mum would score in the second half of the season when it's obvious that Bale was carrying the team and we were winning in spite of Ade :lol:

I was looking at statto's site. Says he started against Inter, Liverpool, then Inter again.

The attempts to play them as a partnership made them both look worse IMO.

Ok but IIRC didn't think he was shocking in the 1st leg against Inter or the Liverpool game ( mistake aside). Everyone was shocking in the second leg against Inter.

Blimey that is some hate you have going on there and people are moaning at me for disliking ade. As I have said Ade generally offers nothing may be the odd scuffed goal. I really am yet to see, consistently this thing called "movement" every one is talking about.

It's not hate. I support spurs. I want spurs to win. I don't think we have a good chance of that when Defoe plays because he's not a good footballer.

Whereas Ade holds the ball up and makes the simple passes. Which is more than i can say about Defoe.

Funny how Defoe gets almost no credit for scoring goals which helped the team maintain a top 4 push until Decmeber, whereas Adebayor gets credit for "creating space" but scoring no goals and missing chances my mum would score in the second half of the season when it's obvious that Bale was carrying the team and we were winning in spite of Ade :lol:

I've not mentioned anything about 'space'.

Defoe gets credit for scoring goals. However he's not, and as far as i was aware that was one of the sticks you are beating Adebayor with.

I've not mentioned anything about 'space'.

Defoe gets credit for scoring goals. However he's not, and as far as i was aware that was one of the sticks you are beating Adebayor with.

I've been critical of both of them though admittedly more so of Ade. But Defoe has had the better season and I don't subscribe to the notion that Ade should keep his place even when playing badly just because he has more in his locker than Defoe.

It's not hate. I support spurs. I want spurs to win. I don't think we have a good chance of that when Defoe plays because he's not a good footballer.

Whereas Ade holds the ball up and makes the simple passes. Which is more than i can say about Defoe.

But can't shoot which is kind of important for a striker. Anyway this argument is going round in circles I think we will have to agree to disagree.

I've been critical of both of them though admittedly more so of Ade. But Defoe has had the better season and I don't subscribe to the notion that Ade should keep his place even when playing badly just because he has more in his locker than Defoe.

Defoe had a good start to the season. That doesn't mean much come now though. He's playing worse than Ade which is why Ade should keep his place.

e would have been given far more support from the fans if he didn't take so bloody long to decide if he wanted to play in the ACN or not,

i take it you missed the whole Adebayor using his position in Togolese/World Football to get a better deal for his team mates by withdrawing from the team until the FA treated them better - it wasn't him just thinking oh well i don't really fancy playing in it this year and then changing his mind at the last minute :lol:

Defoe had a good start to the season. That doesn't mean much come now though. He's playing worse than Ade which is why Ade should keep his place.

That wasn't the case when Defoe returned from injury, he played well against Arsenal and Inter and yet people still thought Ade should get the nod.

Defoe doesn't do much but score, but Ade does very little and never scores.

Except when Defoe goes on his scoreless runs all he does is go missing behind defenders and blast the ball into the stands. He barely comes in contact with the ball during games, let alone pass it to a team mate.

That wasn't the case when Defoe returned from injury, he played well against Arsenal and Inter and yet people still thought Ade should get the nod.

Defoe doesn't do much but score, but Ade does very little and never scores.

Never scores? Three goals in his last six games is never? :p

It's not enough for the season i know, but he's in far better form than Defoe currently. Defoe was good against a tiring Arsenal chasing the game, average against Inter in the first leg and then abysmal against Liverpool and Inter away.

i take it you missed the whole Adebayor using his position in Togolese/World Football to get a better deal for his team mates by withdrawing from the team until the FA treated them better - it wasn't him just thinking oh well i don't really fancy playing in it this year and then changing his mind at the last minute :lol:

Yeah, such a selfless guy, his whole career he's been all about the team :lol:

And what did you make of the dig he made at AVB around the time of the tournament? I'm guessing you either don't have a problem with it, or you'll blame it on press spin:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...frican-nations-cup-participation-8444537.html

Yeah, such a selfless guy, his whole career he's been all about the team :lol:

And what did you make of the dig he made at AVB around the time of the tournament? I'm guessing you either don't have a problem with it, or you'll blame it on press spin:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...frican-nations-cup-participation-8444537.html

players say stupid things sometimes.

when it comes to his home country and supporting/working for those with much less than he has been blessed with, Adebayor is a stand up character.

It's not enough for the season i know, but he's in far better form than Defoe currently. Defoe was good against a tiring Arsenal chasing the game, average against Inter in the first leg and then abysmal against Liverpool and Inter away.

Yeah but defoe has been in and out through injury since the start of the year. I can't remember him having a consistent run.

Yeah but defoe has been in and out through injury since the start of the year. I can't remember him having a consistent run.

True, but now isn't the time to be trying to get someone up to speed. Ade is playing the best he's played this season (not that difficult i know), and people want to switch Defoe in for him?

Madness!

Now matter what you say 3 league goals all season is brick for the player that is suppose to be our number one striker. You can compare him to Defoe if you want but Ade has been brick for almost the whole season. Apart from one match against Everton in the league he has been a disgrace

players say stupid things sometimes.

when it comes to his home country and supporting/working for those with much less than he has been blessed with, Adebayor is a stand up character.

The argument is about what he does for Spurs. It's great what he does for Togo and good luck to him. But at every one of his recent clubs he has underperformed despite being paid very well.

Back