• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor is unfortunately the best striker we currently have, so we can only hope that he's not all talk and steps up against his previous employer.

That is open to debate and I think many on this forum would disagree even if they are convinced about Defoe. I am just stunned that you can still defend Adebayor based on the brick he has given us since signing a juicy new contract

That is open to debate and I think many on this forum would disagree even if they are convinced about Defoe. I am just stunned that you can still defend Adebayor based on the brick he has given us since signing a juicy new contract

I'm not defending him. I'm just not basing my assumptions on his current form on his performances for the season. I'm basing his current form on well, his recent performances, which have actually not been that bad.

Whereas Defoe's recent performances have left a lot to be desired.

Pretty simple really.

I reckon if Defoe played for l'Filth we'd be creaming our knickers and wondering how we missed out on a gem once again.

I'm with Mumorn being with me. :)

JD has never made any secret of his friendship with IW and the fact IW inspired him, I also know many Gooners who would have would have taken JD in a heartbeat. Even with our connection, they'd have seen him as bettering himself moving from us to them, in the same sense as we saw JD from WHU to us as improvement.

Last edited:
wouldn't even get a game for Arsenal, they play with 1 up top and require a lot more from their players than Defoe has in his locker

i like Defoe btw - but don't see how he would be a Wenger type player at all

Besides, they already have a short, one-dimensional forward with pace whose form is patchy at best: Walcott

wouldn't even get a game for Arsenal, they play with 1 up top and require a lot more from their players than Defoe has in his locker

i like Defoe btw - but don't see how he would be a Wenger type player at all

Maybe this needs a different thread but I thought Defoe if managed correctly (he hasn't been) could have been another Greaves.

There have been many attempts in this thread to explain why Ade's presence in the team is good for us when compared to Defoe as they were the ones supposed to be fighting for that spot. There have also been many attempts to explain how the team works as a unit and it's not about the individual performances.

Ade hasn't scored a lot of goals, but him being on the pitch has created space and opportunities for others, like Bale.

From where I'm sitting it seems many will take any opportunity to slag him off because they have decided they don't like him, he's not good enough, not doing enough, whatever you want it to be.

And they are those who can not forget he once played for the Arse, but they will never admit that of course.

Besides, they already have a short, one-dimensional forward with pace whose form is patchy at best: Walcott

You call him one dimensional but I think with 18 goals and 15 assists so far this season he has been better than both Adebayor and Defoe

And they are those who can not forget he once played for the Arse, but they will never admit that of course.

I hope I'm not included in that as I'm in the supporters are biased but players are jobbing workers camp. In fact Adebeyour has been pretty charitable and forgiving about some of the things we've sung about him, treating it as tribalism as opposed to personal attacks.

Does it matter that he used to play for the Goons? Heck RVP use to play for them but I would have welcomed him with open minds. I really do not care who a player use to play for, I just care if the player is well for Spurs right now, alas Adebayor has been brick for most of this season.

As his parents like me are Nigerian I would really have loved to have seen Adebayor excel at Spurs but he has been so poor I simply cannot justify giving him any special treatment.

Maybe this needs a different thread but I thought Defoe if managed correctly (he hasn't been) could have been another Greaves.

Bang on mate. I still remember when Jol and Ericsson basically changed everything about his game instead of refining it...his first season or two with us were electric, christ, he could shift the ball a yard and break the net with minimal backlift and maximum speed...

Back