• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

That would be what you expected us to be signing. Now we all know what we have it's kind of silly going into every game expecting something he isn't, ie. a predator in the box that should easily notch 25 goals.
Agreed, but the smallest level of competence in front of goal would be nice. Sadly he appears to be trying to emulate Crouch in every department.

He had no pre season and was injured. Then Defoe was in form so AVB wouldn't play him.

Then Defoe returned to his usual form and we're stuck with the option of playing someone who offers very little or someone who offers nothing.

I'd take Ade every day of the week. We have no other option until the Summer.

Then Defoe returned to his usual form and we're stuck with the option of playing someone who offers very little or someone who offers nothing.

I thought I'd take Ade too mate but now I would only marginally such is the decline from last year. Your also right that we have no one else until next season - something I just can't accept from the management.

Offering nothing is a bit harsh on Defoe, even if not playing well, put him with a sight of goal and at least his shot's better and we are more likely to get a goal.

Offering nothing is a bit harsh on Defoe, even if not playing well, put him with a sight of goal and at least his shot's better and we are more likely to get a goal.

It's not harsh, because when he doesn't get that goal, what else does he do? Nothing.

He hasn't scored since new years day iirc.

It's not harsh, because when he doesn't get that goal, what else does he do? Nothing.

He hasn't scored since new years day iirc.

urm create chances - he had a pretty good game against the goons without scoring. Point is at least when he shoots he gives the goalkeeper something to think about.

Oh and Defoe has been injured for a fair old time since the start of the year.

i believe there was a stat floating around which showed that Adebayor had a better goals to minute ratio since Defoe last scored - or something like that

if Defoe had carried on his early season form then id happily have him in the side, but after that early season purple patch he has been as woefully out of goal scoring form as Adebayor.

urm create chances - he had a pretty good game against the goons without scoring. Point is at least when he shoots he gives the goalkeeper something to think about.

Creates chances? That's laughable. He takes the ball, runs with it and shoots. Three steps, rinse and repeat.

Adebayor is unfortunately the best striker we currently have, so we can only hope that he's not all talk and steps up against his previous employer.

Massively superior to Defoe? Not this season he isn't.

Even playing in a different role, his goal tally is appalling. Do you honestly think he has performed well in this new role? He would have been given far more support from the fans if he didn't take so bloody long to decide if he wanted to play in the ACN or not, then have a pop at AVB just before he left, then return late from the tournament and miss training which ruled him out of starting against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. And to top it off, not celebrate goals against West Ham and make no effort to follow up loose balls from a Bale free kick against Lyon like 5 other Spurs players didI don't get this "he's the only striker we've got so stop slating him" arguement. We all want the same thing, for Spurs to win. Doesn't mean we have to pretend he isn't playing well.

.=D>

Creates chances? That's laughable. He takes the ball, runs with it and shoots. Three steps, rinse and repeat.

Adebayor is unfortunately the best striker we currently have, so we can only hope that he's not all talk and steps up against his previous employer.

Must admit don't get the Defoe hatred. Yes he is inconsistent but taken over a sesaon he has a respectable strike rate no? I know who teams would fear more at moment between him and ADE. In fact I'm fairly sure, if fit, he would start ahead of Ade. Wasn't that the problem earlier on in theseason when Ade threw a strop.

He came on as a sub against an Arsenal side chasing the game, giving him time and space. The next 3 games he started and looked tinkle poor.

Must admit don't get the Defoe hatred. Yes he is inconsistent but taken over a sesaon he has a respectable strike rate no? I know who teams would fear more at moment between him and ADE. In fact I'm fairly sure, if fit, he would start ahead of Ade. Wasn't that the problem earlier on in theseason when Ade threw a strop.

I don't think Defoe would start ahead of Ade. In fact when they have both been fit it's been Ade getting the green light.

He's worse than inconsistent. He's detrimental to our all round play. Even when he plays well (scores a goal) he's not particularly good.

Really? I thought he was injured pretty soon after. I might be wrong.

I was looking at statto's site. Says he started against Inter, Liverpool, then Inter again.

The attempts to play them as a partnership made them both look worse IMO.

I don't think Defoe would start ahead of Ade. In fact when they have both been fit it's been Ade getting the green light.

He's worse than inconsistent. He's detrimental to our all round play. Even when he plays well (scores a goal) he's not particularly good.

Blimey that is some hate you have going on there and people are moaning at me for disliking ade. As I have said Ade generally offers nothing may be the odd scuffed goal. I really am yet to see, consistently this thing called "movement" every one is talking about.

Back