• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Then why come onto a forum if you only want to read posts you agree with? No one is advocating abusing Ade. I have never done that even to Campbell. What makes my blood boil are self styled arbiters of what it is to be a supporter. Levy sacked redknapp does that mean he was not a true supporter.

Then why come onto a forum if you only want to read posts you agree with? No one is advocating abusing Ade. I have never done that even to Campbell. What makes my blood boil are self styled arbiters of what it is to be a supporter. Levy sacked redknapp does that mean he was not a true supporter.

It's the manner of the disagreement that I get angry about or the way our fans treat players and managers and the way they talk about them.

The thing about supporting ade is no one can come up with a good footballing argument to support him as he has been that bad this season. For most other players you can say good and bad - take Walker for example. So what happens is posters resort to attacking the loyalty because that's all there is. Don't get me wrong if he scores the winner against City tomorrow I will be jumping up and down as much as the next fan.

There have been many attempts in this thread to explain why Ade's presence in the team is good for us when compared to Defoe as they were the ones supposed to be fighting for that spot. There have also been many attempts to explain how the team works as a unit and it's not about the individual performances.

Ade hasn't scored a lot of goals, but him being on the pitch has created space and opportunities for others, like Bale.

From where I'm sitting it seems many will take any opportunity to slag him off because they have decided they don't like him, he's not good enough, not doing enough, whatever you want it to be.

There have been many attempts in this thread to explain why Ade's presence in the team is good for us when compared to Defoe as they were the ones supposed to be fighting for that spot. There have also been many attempts to explain how the team works as a unit and it's not about the individual performances.

Ade hasn't scored a lot of goals, but him being on the pitch has created space and opportunities for others, like Bale.From where I'm sitting it seems many will take any opportunity to slag him off because they have decided they don't like him, he's not good enough, not doing enough, whatever you want it to be.

Really? I can think of one occasion- Bale's goal vs Arsenal. TBH being our main striker it's all about the goals isn't it especially when bale is not available? If it's about creating space anyone can do that

Last edited:
Why should I have to waste MY time? Adebayor has been done to death, I was merely addressing the point that nobody has said anything about what he brings to the team, given any footballing reasons. Neither of you have any interest in a discussion of his merits, so continue to slag him off.

Why should I have to waste MY time? Adebayor has been done to death, I was merely addressing the point that nobody has said anything about what he brings to the team, given any footballing reasons. Neither of you have any interest in a discussion of his merits, so continue to slag him off.

Merits? He offers very little as I said above. He has little movement, has lost the ability to score this season bar 3/4 goals which is an absolute joke and shows no sign of improving. Keep praising him though if you like.

We just don't see merely "creating space" as good enough for a striker that plays for a team that has top 4 aspirations. Ideally he would also create chances, hold the ball up and most important score goals. He hasn't done any of those things nearly well enough this season.

I don't get why people come on this thread almost daily to call him a waste of space. He is what we have for the remainder of this season. He's massively superior to Defoe. The other option would be Dempsey, but it's too late for that now.

It's obvious to anyone with a shred of understanding of the game of football that Ade has been asked to play a different role this season. He's not supposed to be a Gomez or Van Persie type player. He wanders around to try and link up with our midfielders. This can cause opposition players to get dragged out of position, thus allowing for others to exploit that space like Bale did when he had his golden run, but it won't happen EVERY TIME. Unfortunately for us we haven't had enough quality runs from our midfield into the box, but that is not Ade's fault.

You may judge him on what YOU EXPECT him to be doing, but that's not fair IMO because that's not what his actual role in the team is.

I don't get why people come on this thread almost daily to call him a waste of space. He is what we have for the remainder of this season. He's massively superior to Defoe. The other option would be Dempsey, but it's too late for that now.

It's obvious to anyone with a shred of understanding of the game of football that Ade has been asked to play a different role this season. He's not supposed to be a Gomez or Van Persie type player. He wanders around to try and link up with our midfielders. This can cause opposition players to get dragged out of position, thus allowing for others to exploit that space like Bale did when he had his golden run, but it won't happen EVERY TIME. Unfortunately for us we haven't had enough quality runs from our midfield into the box, but that is not Ade's fault.

You may judge him on what YOU EXPECT him to be doing, but that's not fair IMO because that's not what his actual role in the team is.

You know for a fact he's been instructed to play that way? Oh yes of course because you have a shred of understanding whereas anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, and it is only an opinion by the way, hasn't. I see.

Massively superior to Defoe? Not this season he isn't.

Even playing in a different role, his goal tally is appalling. Do you honestly think he has performed well in this new role? He would have been given far more support from the fans if he didn't take so bloody long to decide if he wanted to play in the ACN or not, then have a pop at AVB just before he left, then return late from the tournament and miss training which ruled him out of starting against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. And to top it off, not celebrate goals against West Ham and make no effort to follow up loose balls from a Bale free kick against Lyon like 5 other Spurs players did.

I don't get this "he's the only striker we've got so stop slating him" arguement. We all want the same thing, for Spurs to win. Doesn't mean we have to pretend he isn't playing well.

Ah, it's my fault for expecting a competent striker rather than a clumsy oaf with the touch of a rapist.

You know for a fact he's been instructed to play that way? Oh yes of course because you have a shred of understanding whereas anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion, and it is only an opinion by the way, hasn't. I see.

He would obviously be selected every week if he continually played completely different to what our head coach asked of him. Sure.

Ah, it's my fault for expecting a competent striker rather than a clumsy oaf with the touch of a rapist.

That would be what you expected us to be signing. Now we all know what we have it's kind of silly going into every game expecting something he isn't, ie. a predator in the box that should easily notch 25 goals.

Good for you, a true supporter :rolleyes:

I suspect you misread Rob's post, I took it to mean he'll support him in the flesh at WHL but on here will continue to criticise until we get the required improvement (which personally I don't think he has in him).

Back