• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I just wish he wouldn't fade out of games so easily. He seems like he's only built for 60 minutes in which case Harry should have been hauling him off and giving Defoe more game time.

If we have Llorente lined up in the summer, I wouldn't even consider making an offer to City for someone who is extremely unlikely to accept a pay-cut.

If we have Llorente lined up in the summer, I wouldn't even consider making an offer to City for someone who is extremely unlikely to accept a pay-cut.

That was a great headed goal Llorente scored last night, I can't even remember the last time we scored a goal like that :-k

Considering that we have 2 of the best wingers in the league it is quite shameful that the entire team has only mustered 6 headers on target all season, can only imagine how many headed goals Llorente would have got if he was the target for Bale and Lennon' crosses...

Been banging on about him for 2.5 years now. He's an exceptional target man with great technique and vision. Holds up the ball really, really well and hussles defenders with ease. On few occasions last night his first touch and link-up play was up there with very best

If Ade isn't possible in the summer - he should be our no.1 target in terms of what we need in a striker/forward

Last edited:
i think we should buy Ade in the summer... if he will take a pay cut... he has been class for us!

he must realise if he does not go PSG all anzhi he will not get anywhere near the same money as he is on now!

Llorente is someone we should also look to buy if we want to be serious!

Been banging on about him for 2.5 years now. He's an exceptional target man with great technique and vision. Holds up the ball really, really well and hussles defenders with ease. On few occasions last night his first touch and link-up play was up there with very best

If Ade isn't possible in the summer - he should be our no.1 target in terms of what we need in a striker/forward
As much as I agree, it's easier said than done with players from Bilbao.

As much as I agree, it's easier said than done with players from Bilbao.

Yes, of course - chances are slim mostly due to the player more so than finances but we can only hope.

I'd say London would be one of our major pulls along with players like Mata, Silva, Reina, Torres, Alonso, Romelu, etc. all having much success in the PL

We won't sign Ade. He was accused of being on ?ú200k a week by one Spurs player.

He replied "Don't insult me, I'm on ?ú220k a week".

You just know we'll end up getting Grant Holt.

Yes, of course - chances are slim mostly due to the player more so than finances but we can only hope.

I'd say London would be one of our major pulls along with players like Mata, Silva, Reina, Torres, Alonso, Romelu, etc. all having much success in the PL
Nothing compared to basically playing for your own country every week.

Plus, Athletic can't reinvest in a ready-made replacement.

It really is a long shot.

Nothing compared to basically playing for your own country every week.

Plus, Athletic can't reinvest in a ready-made replacement.

It really is a long shot.

But it's a shot nonetheless and one certainly worth exploring. He most certainly won't be the first Spanish player signing for a PL club, that's for sure. Plus considering he's now entering the prime of his career - perhaps a new challenge is very much on the cards. I'd say them missing out/making CL qualification this season would play a massive role in this

But it's a shot nonetheless and one certainly worth exploring. He most certainly won't be the first Spanish player signing for a PL club, that's for sure. Plus considering he's now entering the prime of his career - perhaps a new challenge is very much on the cards. I'd say them missing out/making CL qualification this season would play a massive role in this
He's Basque.

They are not CL regulars.

You use the terms, "very much" and "massive role" to emphasise his likelihood of desiring to leave. These reasons are still nothing compared to playing for Athletic. I'm not sure you fully appreciate what a wrench it would be for them to part ways.

He's Basque.

They are not CL regulars.

You use the terms, "very much" and "massive role" to emphasise his likelihood of desiring to leave. These reasons are still nothing compared to playing for Athletic. I'm not sure you fully appreciate what a wrench it would be for them to part ways.

This could shock you but they have sold players in the past so to dismiss any future dealings based on their national origin (as strong as it may be in that particular club) is somewhat of a strange logic

But they have no replacement for him. If there was a youth player of his ilk waiting in the wings then fair enough but right now, they can't afford to let him go.

i think we should buy Ade in the summer... if he will take a pay cut... he has been class for us!

he must realise if he does not go PSG all anzhi he will not get anywhere near the same money as he is on now!

Llorente is someone we should also look to buy if we want to be serious!

Be interesting what the story with PSG is over the summer. If Sarkozy doesn't win re-election the other bloke is talking about a 75% tax on the really rich which could screw up 'la Projecte' big time.

But they have no replacement for him. If there was a youth player of his ilk waiting in the wings then fair enough but right now, they can't afford to let him go.

Munain can play as a striker and if the player is keen to move (most improtantly of course) then a solid fee could tempt them considering from this point onwards age-wise he stock is unlikely to rise

He is essential to how they play. Muniain is a completely different player and not the finished article. Who could they spend the money on?

Im sure they can find a replacement with 30 million pounds.

Anyhow - as slim as chances are, he most certainly isnt impossible

Back