• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I think he will want to stay. Purely a gut feeling on the interview yesterday, but he has settled superbly well and plays will energy and intent. Sure has had ups and downs but with the support of Saha they were unable to deal with him at all.

whats the alternative, hang on to him at 225K a week and sit him in the reserves?

we won't get him anyway - not unless he decides to halve his salary
lets face it, who would want to struggle along on only ?ú5.85M a year?

he'll end up at AC Milan, PSG or Anzi Mahchakala (?) or somewhere like that

Sadly, I think you will be right.

He was outstanding yesterday. 4 assists and a goal! We needed someone to give him a kick up the arse, hopefully Saha joining has done that.

I make it 10 goals 11 assists.

So, Ade has directly created or scored 21 of our goals so far. I can also remember a bunch of times where he was the player who set up a goal, but the actual assist went to someone else. Plus he's had three or four goals disallowed. And all this purely in the PL.

Please, please sign him up, it's can't be that hard surely? City can't afford to keep him on, what with the FFP rules coming in, and I can't see him going to either PSG or Anzhi, for differing reasons. So, if the rumors floating around about Levy bumping our wage cap to 100k a week have even a shred of truth to them, then it shouldn't be that hard, surely. Our financials will take a hit, but I can see us making that up through the sales of players like Charlie, Pienaar and the like. He looks like he wants to be here, and he's clearly loved by the lads and by Harry. Even that old chestnut about him being lazy and inefffective doesn't really apply; because even when he's ineffective in front of goal (and he has been on quite a few occasions this year), he still binds our team into a vibrant attacking unit. I'm convinced he can be our front-man for the next five years, if managed properly. So, again, I hope to GHod we sign him permanently.

Ade's performance yesterday was probably the best from any Spurs player since Bale tore Maicon a new one. Truly outstanding and one of the few I've ever seen from a Spurs player in my life that I'd have to grade as 10/10.

Something that was noticeable about his game yesterday as opposed to what we'd seen from him recently was his eagerness to run with the ball. I've always thought this was one of his best attributes, as he's got plenty of pace and has the strength to hold players off the ball when he's running with it - he's not easy to tackle. His dribbling ability itself isn't as good as Bale's, Modric's or Lennon's, but he's a decent technical player and our attack is so much more potent when he's in this sort of mood. A major worry I'd had at the end of the transfer window was our lack of cover for Bale and Lennon in terms of fast attacking players who can run with the ball, and when Lennon was out against Liverpool it became easy for them to double up on Bale when we were trying to counter attack, so when Ade got the ball he could hold it up but was often isolated for too long. If he starts running with it himself then it not only gives the opposition something else to worry about but it draws players away from our other attacking players.

Good to see him end his duck today. Now PLEASE follow it up next week at the Emirates!

Think he has to realise that he won the lottery with the city contract and if he wants to play for anyone he will need to accept a drop in wages.

I loved how happy and full of energy he was. In spite of the news that Redknapp might be leaving, he seemed as happy as I've seen him playing for us and I think that that made a big difference. Perhaps he enjoys playing upfront with Saha and having a strike partner?

Really want him to stay. He has strength, skill and proved ability in the Prem. Goal scoring not the best as two of his "assists" came from good goalscoring opps for himself as well as a couple of other missed efforts (particularly with his head). Yesterday he was brilliant. For the last five or six games he has been distinctly average at best. Maybe Saha joining was the tonic he needed. If so - what place for VDV now?

12 February 2012 Last updated at 23:57 GMT

[h=1]Garth Crooks's team of the week[/h]
_57150072_garth.jpg
By Garth Crooks BBC football pundit

[h=2]ATTACK - EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR, TOTTENHAM[/h]
_58466154_crooks_adebayor_getty126.jpg

What a performance by the on-loan striker. You have to ask yourself how Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini caused Emmanuel Adebayor and Carlos Tevez, two world-class strikers, to walk away from a club under his management, disgusted by the way they have been treated. The Togolese striker is playing the best football of his career and ripped Saudi Sportswashing Machine to shreds in a display of imperious link-up play and unselfish football.

Did you know? Adebayor was the first player to provide assists for four goals in a Premier League game since Cesc Fabregas for Arsenal v Blackburn in October 2009.

Best game I've seen him play in a Spurs shirt and he still wasted at least 2 scoring opportunities (he would truely be scary good if he was clinical).

Like most people I think he has just confirmed the type of striker that we need in our lineup. If he's here next year is entirely up to him imo, does he want to be playing evry game? is he willing to take a cut in salary (could be partially made up in signing fee and other bonuses)?

He certainly looks like he enjoys his football here, hopefully he comes around to the VDV view (already played in the largest clubs, wants to play more often and enjoy a club on an upward trajectory).

I dont think you can play down the part that Saha played in this. His movement was great and allowed Ade to run on with the ball because he knew he had an outlet in the box to go to. The second goal is a direct example of this. VdV would normally be running somewhere behind him at this point (because he plays more naturally as a CAM helping link up the midfield). Saha was always pressing up the field with Ade and the two used each other to great effect. Loved how effective Saha was on higher crosses using his head.

It looks a good partnership. Ade's strength playing the ball on the ground and passing, Saha's heading balls to others and finishing clinically when given the opportunity (which he'll get plenty of in this lineup).

Ade paired with VdV = dominant in possession in the middle 3rd.

Ade paired with Saha = more threatening in and around the box.

Our midfield 4 is more than capable of holding their own especially against any other opposing 442. Can't wait to see what Lennon's presence adds to the lineup.

2006/2007, Tottenham Hotspur
Games Started: 43 (+6 as sub); Goals: 23; Assists: 15
2007/2008, Tottenham Hotspur
Games Started: 42 (+4 as sub); Goals: 22; Assists: 13

Though that isn't just league

Edit: 07/08 11 assists in the league and 15 goals.

06/07 11 assists and 11 goals.

Last edited:
It's a bit sad, but when Defoe came on he was made to look a little redundant...I remember once he was played into the right edge of the box and Ade was running into the box and if Defoe had played it first time Ade might have had a tap-in. Defoe had his head down and took a chance to try and beat the defender before the potentially easy chance went begging. Ade was a touch fustrated. Sad to say it, but that short bit of play showed Defoe single-mindedness ion the box (in itself not a bad thing) and his inability to sense optiins around him at times.
Saha and Ade's seemingky quickly formed understanding might make Defoe a bit redundant in this team.
I hope for hime he still gets good chances and plays selflessly as some of the others in outr run-in, as there wil be games when he'll be needed.

Really hope he signs in the summer. Would be a massive loss, because there really aren't that many strikers in his mould, and with his ability available. Above all his attitude and workrate has been oustanding, even when he has had tough games alone up front.

Ade's Goal Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Has anyone got a gif or vid of the post goal celebration?

Watched it on a poor vid but it seems that after he supposedly got injured, the players were taking the tinkle. I know Bale was laughing at him but then someone with white Adidas boots is kicking him softly in the ribs where we see Ade start laughing. Love it, seems such great team spirit!

439x.jpg

I could only find a picture, but I remember Bale tickling Ade at one point. How can he not love playing for Spurs? He'd be missing so much if he didn't stick around.

Bale and Ade seem to get on really well. It's that terrible dancing that they've bonded over I guess.

Krunchie was kicking him and Bale was tickling him

The team spirit is obviously great at the club right now, amazing to see.

Back