• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Its half way through this http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/tottenham-5-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-0-motd-3/

It's a bit sad, but when Defoe came on he was made to look a little redundant...I remember once he was played into the right edge of the box and Ade was running into the box and if Defoe had played it first time Ade might have had a tap-in. Defoe had his head down and took a chance to try and beat the defender before the potentially easy chance went begging. Ade was a touch fustrated. Sad to say it, but that short bit of play showed Defoe single-mindedness ion the box (in itself not a bad thing) and his inability to sense optiins around him at times.
Saha and Ade's seemingky quickly formed understanding might make Defoe a bit redundant in this team.
I hope for hime he still gets good chances and plays selflessly as some of the others in outr run-in, as there wil be games when he'll be needed.

Pretty much sums up the difference between Defoe and Adebayor really...

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 14% - Jermain Defoe has the highest shots/total touches ratio in the Prem Lge ÔÇô (Darren Bent 8% - 19th of players with 5+ starts).

Twitter / @OptaJoe: 10 ÔÇô Only David Silva (12) has more assists than Emmanuel Adebayor in the Premier League this season. Borrowed.

Plus that was his first game with saha... Imagine if we signed a proper quality partner for him.. he'd get an insane number of assists/goals...

Note: saha is good yes, but he's not world class. Not dissing him, just saying there are better strikers out there.

Is he scared of playing them now or something? Where is the fight that he showed against Arsenal when he played for Emirates Marketing Project? He was a man on a mission when he destroyed them at Eastlands two seasons ago. Two abject peformances against them now in Spurs colours.

i think he is embarrassed by his actions when playing for City and the way he celebrated - and it effects his game against them

He was excellent against them at home, except for a good chance that he missed.

He was crap today, but so was everybody, no point singling him out.

Somebody lock this thread.

You think he was good in the first game? Apart from the assist, he looked disinterested.

A couple of times he bottled tackles/headers today. At times he looked like Keane trying to win a header. And 50/50s became 80/20s, not sure what happened. He is a super player but today was dreadful.

You think he was good in the first game? Apart from the assist, he looked disinterested.

He always looks like that to me. I like him he is better then what we have upfront i do not think his shooting is very good and his hold up play is no where near berbatov level but he is better then what we got so we have to stick with him.

Not sure he is worth 18m and 5m a year. Maybe 8m and 3m a year.

Didn't look very strong today at all, Vermaelen was winning tussles with him all day - leading to Adebayor fouling a few times. Saying that, he set up the first goal and scored a penalty!

Just a bad day for all the Spurs players today.

One of the problems with Ade is oddly how he is always smiling even if he misses a chance or gives away a silly free kick, reminds me of Ian Walker when he left in a soft goal.

One of the problems with Ade is oddly how he is always smiling even if he misses a chance or gives away a silly free kick, reminds me of Ian Walker when he left in a soft goal.

More like Dwight Yorke or Ronaldinho. Dont mind that though

in the home game he was nothing short of absolutely shocking and definetly his worst game for us. i thought he did ok today

Is he scared of playing them now or something? Where is the fight that he showed against Arsenal when he played for Emirates Marketing Project? He was a man on a mission when he destroyed them at Eastlands two seasons ago. Two abject peformances against them now in Spurs colours.

Has it not dawned on you yet? He's not very good.

Just stumbled across this article (published back in January but still relevant) which summarises the highs and lows of having Adebayor spearheading our attack...

Stats Analysis: Premier League's Biggest Losers - of Possession

There is no doubt his acquisition has proved hugely beneficial to Tottenham. Since Adebayor joined on loan at White Hart Lane at the end of August, Harry RedknappÔÇÖs side have lost just 1 game and drawn 3, dropping just 9 points over the subsequent 18 fixtures.

His introduction to the first XI has seen him score 9 goals and provide 6 assists, averaging a fantastic 3.7 shots ÔÇô the highest for the north London outfit - in addition to 2 key passes per game.

A WhoScored rating of 7.33 is the fourth best at the club but, in spite of all this, the Togo international has lost the ball way more than any other player in the Premier League. He is top when it comes to losing control of the ball, with 3.8 turnovers per game, and has been dispossessed 3.6 times on average, for a total of 7.4 per game.

Playing on the shoulder of the last defender, he has also been caught offside (2 per game) the most in the Premier League. In a sense, it gives the impression of a frustrating player but, given his attacking output, Adebayor is clearly capable of the sublime too, and demonstrates the fact that, despite the obvious downside, the good outweighs the bad by a huge margin

Back