• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I really, really like the bloke Adebayor has become. He didn't seem to be a good guy in the past.

As I've posted before, I think the Angola incident has altered his entire outlook on life, hence the almost ever present smile.

He is a terrific striker, but I can't see a repeat of the RVP stamp now.

That's a good thing, right?

i totally agree with all this. seems a totally different bloke to a few years a go

As with anything, depends on the replacement.

If we could buy back Berbs for 10M or so, I'd swap him for Ade.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Adebayor - Permanent Deal pg 6

(Couldn't find a specific Ade thread on the new forum, so if there is point it out and I'll lock this)

Is anyone starting to think there is now not a chance that City will want to sell Adebayor to us after the season he has had and how we are a threat to City still?

Could be a case of City thinking 'we learnt our lesson'

(Couldn't find a specific Ade thread on the new forum, so if there is point it out and I'll lock this)

Is anyone starting to think there is now not a chance that City will want to sell Adebayor to us after the season he has had and how we are a threat to City still?

Could be a case of City thinking 'we learnt our lesson'

whats the alternative, hang on to him at 225K a week and sit him in the reserves?

we won't get him anyway - not unless he decides to halve his salary
lets face it, who would want to struggle along on only ?ú5.85M a year?

he'll end up at AC Milan, PSG or Anzi Mahchakala (?) or somewhere like that

We will have a fee agreed already as part of the loan deal, something like ?ú15m I'm sure

I think it was quoted at a little as 10 mil. Obviously Adebayor needs to agree to come as well, the way he was going on in his post match interview I think he will leave if Redknapp goes too.

Unless you actually see the chairman or manager say what's in a contract, everything we read about clauses, wages, etc., is all guesswork and speculation. Hopefully we have got an agreement in place as I'd love to see him stay (if we can somehow overcome the wages problem).

I think it was quoted at a little as 10 mil. Obviously Adebayor needs to agree to come as well, the way he was going on in his post match interview I think he will leave if Redknapp goes too.

I also saw that we might pay as little as that in order to offer him a golden handshake to compensate his wage drop.

All sorts has been reported, but as I say be wary of taking it as fact

Forget about ManCity. Will Adebayor want to join us for less salary ? Sometime ago, he said he won't agree to cut back his salary just to join permanently with us. He is on 170,000 a week salary with ManCity. I think he will have to cut back upto 50% of his salary to join us unless Levy decides to do away with our salary cap.

Sign him up. Top Top class.

At the end of the day, if he leaves, we are only going to go and spend 40M odd, on two unproven PL strikers, plus wages over 4yrs.

Spend it on Ade, and sign one more

imo

I would be amazed if he signed permanently next year. His wages would be astronomical and if he continues to play like he did against Everton, top clubs, with the required status and funds will come in for him. Perhaps Real Madrid will make a bid?

Gary.

I would be amazed if he signed permanently next year. His wages would be astronomical and if he continues to play like he did against Everton, top clubs, with the required status and funds will come in for him. Perhaps Real Madrid will make a bid?

Gary.

Doubt it, they still will want galacticos ahead of solid players to do a job. If Jose leaves then the new boss will want to splash the cash on bigger names.

Transfer fee with City is not an issue, neither is whether or not they will sell. All boils down to salary. Adebayor wil hopefully see the sense in that he is at a club where he is thriving, where he is a proper hero (not really had that even in the earlier days at Arsenal and of course in Togo) and also that he is unliely to ever get the bank busting deal that City gave him again. If he had never gone there, for example, then Emirates Marketing Project would not be paying him ?ú170k a week to sign him August 2012, neither wil Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea.

We need to see the current deal written off as soon as possible. So lets say he has 2 years left, if we pay him ?ú70k (keeping in with our salary cap) then that is ?ú100k a week to make up. ?ú5m a year, so ?ú10m in total (or ?ú15m if it is 3 years). Add that on to the City fee then you are looking at ?ú20-?ú25m or so, a fair fee for a player of that ability in this current market.

So the numbers stack up, its just whether other players will look at this with regard to our so called salary cap and hold us to ransom. Levy is too clever for that and there is no chance we are going to get ruined the same was Leeds did by spending beyond our means. But it adds a problem when Luka for example hopefully sits down and says right I want ?ú200k a week, give me ?ú20m up front and ?ú100k a week. Also, we are financially better off paying by week rather than with a golden handshake because if Adebayor wants to leave after six months lets say then automatically this amount has to be added on to his fee.

But the way I see it the wage issue could be resolved, ideally need to get Adebayor the money without anyone else finding out. Does his dog have a Monaco bank account by any chance?

Difficult one to call with regards his intentions. I think he feels truly wanted here and looks to be enjoying his football like never before. He seems to have certain buddies like Bale and Assou-Ekotto that i don't recall him having at Arsenal.

It might be enough to make him realise that he needs to think this is more than about money but I don't know. Possibly the Redknapp thing could be a deciding factor?

Back