• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

A fudging goal please? That would change my opinion of him being a lazy workshy ****.
Some peoples faith in him is bordering on laughable. I've already said quite a few pages back that he wouldnt score again this season and so far im looking right.

So WHAT would have changed people's opinions of his contributions then??? Apart from scoring a hat-trick that is?
He had almost ZERO service to work with, but still he set up two gilt-edge chances for others. Forget stats it's goals that change games and opinions - look at how these things have done to opinions of Bale and Dembele's overall ratings recently.

If Ade cannot score goals in certain games (because he is feeding off scraps) he will get praise for assisting because he will at least be contributing. Eg. see most people's comments about Defoe and our need to have some of our midfielders get in amongst the goals via link-up lay etc etc.

Its his overall play that is fairly brick and feels very lethargic and unenthusiastic. Thats the gripe not that he hasnt scored or he hasnt assisted. If Bale had scored that would it have made MY opinion of the pass any different? no... because it was a great pass and his second half play was a lot better than first.

Having said that the fact we are even talking about just one pass shows how much we are all desperate for him to succeed yet all we got to go on is really one pass. Thats fairly pathetic of him.

Its his overall play that is fairly brick and feels very lethargic and unenthusiastic. Thats the gripe not that he hasnt scored or he hasnt assisted. If Bale had scored that would it have made MY opinion of the pass any different? no... because it was a great pass and his second half play was a lot better than first.

Having said that the fact we are even talking about just one pass shows how much we are all desperate for him to succeed yet all we got to go on is really one pass. Thats fairly pathetic of him.

Lol, we are feeding off scraps aren't we?:ross:

I wonder if that brain dead macaron who sit a few rows in front of me and does nothing but scream abuse at Ade is on here?

I wonder if that brain dead macaron who sit a few rows in front of me and does nothing but scream abuse at Ade is on here?

Block 43? Sat next to such a guy for the Lyon game, thankfully he left early because for the first time in my life, I was considering leaving a game early so that I didn't have to hear his continuous vitriolic stream towards Adebayor.

Shouting detrimental comments at a striker whose contributing fudge all is fine IMO.

However, dunno what this guy is saying.

A fudging goal please? That would change my opinion of him being a lazy workshy ****.
Some peoples faith in him is bordering on laughable. I've already said quite a few pages back that he wouldnt score again this season and so far im looking right.

Some people have faith in him because, quite frankly, there isn't really much else we can do. Clearly, the club is fudging abysmal at buying strikers, hence why we haven't replaced Berbatov 10 windows later and why we only have 2 striker, both of them streaky confidence players who have scored 6 goals between them since November (so that's 3 months), with 4 of those having come in December. So our multi million pounds strikers have managed to whip up 2 goals between them in the past couple of months, in all competitions. Stellar.

Frankly, until the summer window, there isn't anything we can do because even when Defoe comes back, his recent scoring record and performances have been just as brick as Adebayor's.

Shouting detrimental comments at a striker whose contributing fudge all is fine IMO.

The guy I was sitting next to said nothing all game except abuse directed towards Adebayor, even when he did something alright. None of the other players came in for criticism. He barely celebrated either of our goals.

The guy I was sitting next to said nothing all game except abuse directed towards Adebayor, even when he did something alright. None of the other players came in for criticism. He barely celebrated either of our goals.

Based on that then I agree with you. We don't need people like that attending games.

Block 43? Sat next to such a guy for the Lyon game, thankfully he left early because for the first time in my life, I was considering leaving a game early so that I didn't have to hear his continuous vitriolic stream towards Adebayor.

Next block, this guy is about 40 and a fat bastard and he never stops cursing Ade, he did the same last season as well. I have had words with him a couple of times and he shuts right up ( like most cowards) for the rest of the game, problem is the next game he starts again, i would love to stick one on him but then i would get banned.

Moaning and groaning at players is one thing, slagging them off, booing them and abusive rubbish is different. Brain dead macarons.

Pirate, genuine question mate.

Will you spend the rest of the season being angry at the man despite the fact he is all we have right now and the manager is choosing to play him? It just seems like a massive waste of energy mate. You can't control him or the situation, might be better to just 'zen' it a bit!!!! Of course, I can say this having gone through a season of Paul fudging Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a striker but as a youth one of my targets because he was so brick!

Hi Steff. I typed a long reply but lost it!!

In essence, I am annoyed with Ade because his behaviour and attititude both on and off the field have seriously short-changed us this season. He plays like a person going through the motions without any desire or commitment. What is particularly galling is that we all know he can do it. On his day he is a great player, tall, fast strong good holdup. Last season he also proved he can both score a make goals.

This season his head isnt in it. I agree with you that AVB's biggest challenge for the next 12 games is to get Ade right. If he succeeds we will get at least 4th and have a decent crack at Europe. But if he fails....I cant take another season of disappointment. In my view it is largely down to Ade getting his act together over the remainder of the season.

Just to make it 100% clear, I dont shout abuse or boo any of our players and never would. It is totally counter-productive and I certainly dont condone anyone who gives anything other than full support to the team and the manager during games.

On a fans website, it is different because we all support Spurs, and just have different views on what is best for the team. It is called a discussion. Some put forward some views - some others disagree. When someone points out something I wasnt necessarily aware of I look for it in matches, I would hope that others take on board some of the comments I have made and also look for it in games. It is the way we all improve our knowledge and enjoyment of the beautiful game and the joy of being a Spurs supporter.

Do people truthfully expect Adebayor to come good during the remaining 12 games? Based on what we've seen from him recently and during the course of the season, not just on blind faith?

Not really no.

But if i have to choose from an out of form Adebayor and an out of form Defoe i'll go for Adebayor every time.

Which is the choice we have really.

:eek:

:ross::ross::ross:

no mate, turf HIM out!!!! People like that are tossers. I've seen a few in my time and I'm not shy...but yes, it is difficult because you can end up being turfed by the stewards...good luck next time mate...

:eek:

:ross::ross::ross:

If he does truly believe that fairplay for putting his opinion out there. I wouldn't go as far as that but it does look very unlikely that he'll score in his current form. Especially with Bale not sticking to the left (not that it's necessarily a bad thing) and Lennon going through a quiet patch, he doesn't look likely to create much of his own accord in terms of goal scoring chances, and doesn't look lively enough to make the most out of Holtby's passing, would have been through one or two times against Lyon if he was running intelligently.

He has never had a great scoring record, but he has to cause more problems for defenders and be more of a handful. Even for Bales goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, all he did was get in the way and it allowed the ball to go through. He also has to stay in the box more as we are as bad as Arsenal at times for passing around the ball but have nobody to cross to.

He has never had a great scoring record, but he has to cause more problems for defenders and be more of a handful. Even for Bales goal against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, all he did was get in the way and it allowed the ball to go through. He also has to stay in the box more as we are as bad as Arsenal at times for passing around the ball but have nobody to cross to.

I disagree with that. As long as the AM gets into the box it's fine. Adebayor was at his best against Lyon when he drifted out to the wings to try and create something. One being the pass to Bale, who was pretty much in the box, and the other dribbling into the box and passing to Dempsey, who was also waiting in the box.

Back