• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor was very far from appalling tonight. He helped set up the opener and was involved in the equaliser. Once again he used his experience to run down the clock and negate any chance of a West Ham recovery. He missed a sitter that is a sitter just like Gareth has done in the last 2 games. No big deal. We won and scored 3 again.

But haters gotta hate so I will let you guys get on with it.

Adebayor was very far from appalling tonight. He helped set up the opener and was involved in the equaliser. Once again he used his experience to run down the clock and negate any chance of a West Ham recovery. He missed a sitter that is a sitter just like Gareth has done in the last 2 games. No big deal. We won and scored 3 again.

Hmmmm...puts it into a little perspective...perhaps....

You do realise their defender touched the ball to Bale for the first goal don't you? It's quite clear.

He missed TWO sitters.

Just admit it mate, you're wrong.

This is why I was dubious at permanently signing him. There's no smoke without fire, and he's gone sour at every club he's been at eventually (except Madrid but that was only a loan, surprise surprise). Hopefully we'll bring in a forward in the summer, let Ade go on loan where he will suddenly be a world beater again, then those poor mugs will pay us a fee for him in the hope that he's finally changed.

This is the same Gareth Bale that has scored 9 goals in 10 games, yes? & The same Adebayor who has scored 0 in how long now?

He was pretty good at keeping possession in the last 10 mins, another simply awful miss, probably to due with that stupid haircut and soul glow product he had on it

I feel sorry for him I actually do and im unsure if its form or lack of effort or whatever but he is and has been abysmal most of the season. That miss tonight reminds me of the one against Sunderland. It hasnt cost us but against better team it will.

I am not going on the negative here but if it wasnt for Bale etc we wouldnt be where we are and he wont do it every game (he may but you know what I mean)

i'm not over him yet, he can still come good, there has definitely been an improvement in his play in the last 2 games

I guess the good thing is that he's getting into the positions to miss the sitters.

Ah well, we're stuck with him anyway, with Defoe out. Whether we like it or not he will be crucial to our attacking play against the Goons..

I appreciate you are supporting a player going through a rough patch but lets be honest the guy is one of our highest paid players and demanded that salary before he would consider joining us. The fact is if this was Obika I'd cut him more slack but this guy is one a top, top wage and not delivering anywhere near his best. 100% effort should be a given, as he has the chance to get infront of Defoe but the reality is starting to sink in that he was chasing another big contract and has dropped his standards since as has been said earlier. For me, its not that he hasnt tried, but he hasnt applied himself or committed himself to getting our team in to the top 3/4.

Seems odd that now Jenas has gone Ade and Parker, two of the standout players of last season, have become the new boo boys' favourites.

We all know Ade is class (world class on his day). There's just something in his head that's not there at the moment. I still think he'll come good - maybe Arsenal will be the one to put fire back into his belly

What's the alternative and is it any better?

We have what we have and he does occupy defenders even though he is a lazy bastard.

He will be well up for the NLD and they will not wanna play against him after the damage he did prior to beng sent off.

Also I he is occupying them he frees up space somehow (logically)

Nothing to do with hate. We all want Spurs to field the best team possible I'd reckon, so the thing we disagree on is which striker would be included in that team. Would Ade be in mine for the time being, or even the last year? No. I seriously believe we should have brought in another striker in the last transfer windows, it didn't have to be Ronaldo, Messi, Llorente or anyone like that. Just a solid proper forward, to give us more options.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't support Ade when he plays, or that he is a poor player or a poor human being for that matter. Just that he isn't the player many of us desperately want/need him to be. Helping us beat Arsenal on Sunday may alter that perception, though.

Seems odd that now Jenas has gone Ade and Parker, two of the standout players of last season, have become the new boo boys' favourites.

We all know Ade is class (world class on his day). There's just something in his head that's not there at the moment. I still think he'll come good - maybe Arsenal will be the one to put fire back into his belly

If I consistantly performed badly at my work place, I would rightly be placed on a under performance plan and looked at alot more intensely.
This would in turn motivate me to raise my game to get my superiors off my back.

Why should it be any different for employees of THFC?

If I consistantly performed badly at my work place, I would rightly be placed on a under performance plan and looked at alot more intensely.
This would in turn motivate me to raise my game to get my superiors off my back.

Why should it be any different for employees of THFC?

How do you know he isn't on one?

That's the problem, how many of those days does he have? And why have so many top clubs got rid of him? You can't deny he has a pattern of looking brilliant at first, but he then goes downhill. We have been crying out for a finisher for years, Ade isn't it.

That's the problem, how many of those days does he have? And why have so many top clubs got rid of him? You can't deny he has a pattern of looking brilliant at first, but he then goes downhill. We have been crying out for a finisher for years, Ade isn't it.

I like Adebayor a lot as a player, but I think you're right. I think he may always be a nearly man, and like all nearly men he is capable of the odd world class performance. It's a player consistently putting in those sort of performances that makes him world class though and Adebayor simply doesn't do it enough.

Back