• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Imagine the w***ation if Ade's assists for Bale and Dempsey has led to goals...fine margins...

You know and I know that aint quite right

Because people didnt say it was a brick ball. People commended the ball - so either way it would have been the same outcome.

You know and I know that aint quite right

Because people didnt say it was a brick ball. People commended the ball - so either way it would have been the same outcome.

No, it WOULD have been different if Ade had set up TWO goals for us. Are you seriously trying to say otherwise?
Do you still think he would have been seen or labelled as lazy if he had set up TWO goals away from home??

Have you all forgotten this bit?

Emmanuel Adebayor causes hotel mayhem in South Africa

Emmanuel Adebayor should have been his way back to Tottenham on Monday, with the chance that he could be available for the club's big game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the weekend. However, he's been causing mayhem in Africa instead.

The Togo team had been staying at the plush Winkler Hotel in Mpumalanga, South Africa. After getting knocked out of the Africa Cup of Nations they had a flight booked to take them back to Togo but Adebayor told some of the squad not to take it because he was going to arrange a private jet for everyone.

The players therefore didn't check out and the hotel was unable to check people in who had rooms books for the night. The squad were supposed to leave on Monday but KickOff in Africa have spoken to a source who told them "Some players were in the parking lot [of the Protea The Winkler Hotel] when I arrived. CAF did nothing wrong. They informed the team in advance that if they lost they would leave the next day, but the team is still there at the hotel.

"Togo were supposed to leave with the plane that dropped Ghana on Monday, but I'm told that [Emmanuel] Adebayor asked the players to stay because they were going to take a private jet home. So instead of going to Johannesburg first they would fly straight home. The private jet didn't arrive and in the end the players are now stuck."

It's not known where the Tottenham striker is and whether he arranged for another private jet. Some players are stranded at the hotel and KickOff confirmed yesterday afternoon that they were still there. The owners of the premises have had to contact the police to see what they should do.

"It is causing big problems for the hotel. They say they are still waiting for confirmation about their flight so if nothing happens today then they are going to stay. But they are supposed to have been out by now so even the police are here to try to control the situation."

Adebayor sounds like he's left quite a situation behind in South Africa and should probably be expecting a big hotel bill to turn up soon.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/emmanuel-adebayor-causes-hotel-mayhem-in-south-africa

Or was it a lie all along?

I think everyone does. What's your point?

Until he starts playing for the club like he means it and showing THFC and its supporters some respect - which in my view has been sorely lacking in him right from the start of the season, I dont understand why so many of you on here think the sun shines out of his a***.

Indeed are you the same Jimmyb that started this thread with a major criticism of Ade - or have you changed your mind about him and now respect him?

It's why he was a late signing. Was not top of the list, AVB was not sure, took the gamble and is now working with him as best he can.

Steff - I thought it was you that informed us that the deal between the clubs had been agreed early on but the stumbling block was the paradoxical so-called "loyalty bpnus"he was demanding from City to leave them.....

Because of this he cost us a complete pre-season, compounded by the fact that he couldnt keep himself fit to be in shape when we did sign him.

I am not sure he wasnt AVB's first choice striker. Who else was in the frame pre-season?
I was under the impression that we were waiting to sign him any day just as soon as he agreed the payoff with Ciy

Add that to his dubious early season injuries, ludicrould sending off against arse, change of mind about the ANC, his claim that AVB was trying to stop him go and then the shenanigans thereafter.

Add to that his loss of form, lack of goals and assists and his general lethargy.

All signs imo that he doesnt respect the club or the supporters. And still some support him. Why? He is a top quality striker that has spent the best part of a season acting and playing like a prat. We desperately need him to step up and still he shows no signs of knuckling down and being the threat that we all know he can be.

You couldnt make it up

Steff - I thought it was you that informed us that the deal between the clubs had been agreed early on but the stumbling block was the paradoxical so-called "loyalty bpnus"he was demanding from City to leave them.....

Because of this he cost us a complete pre-season, compounded by the fact that he couldnt keep himself fit to be in shape when we did sign him.

I am not sure he wasnt AVB's first choice striker. Who else was in the frame pre-season?
I was under the impression that we were waiting to sign him any day just as soon as he agreed the payoff with Ciy

Add that to his dubious early season injuries, ludicrould sending off against arse, change of mind about the ANC, his claim that AVB was trying to stop him go and then the shenanigans thereafter.

Add to that his loss of form, lack of goals and assists and his general lethargy.

All signs imo that he doesnt respect the club or the supporters. And still some support him. Why? He is a top quality striker that has spent the best part of a season acting and playing like a prat. We desperately need him to step up and still he shows no signs of knuckling down and being the threat that we all know he can be.

You couldnt make it up

Shall we just bench him for the rest of the season then?
Did you think he disrespected the fans when he set up both Bale and Dempsey for goalscoring chances that really should have been goals against Lyon?

Perhaps you would prefer us to start with Obika or Kane for the rest of the season..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Until he starts playing for the club like he means it and showing THFC and its supporters some respect - which in my view has been sorely lacking in him right from the start of the season, I dont understand why so many of you on here think the sun shines out of his a***.

Indeed are you the same Jimmyb that started this thread with a major criticism of Ade - or have you changed your mind about him and now respect him?

Unlike you, it seems, my opinions (on issues that vary over the course of time) are not set in stone.

At the time that I started this thread, I was concerned by Ade's poor form. I didn't hate him. I didn't intend that this thread should be for the perpetual slagging off of everything that Ade does. I just wanted to start a discussion, mostly about the areas of the pitch that Ade was getting into during our bad spell in the latter half of last season.

Likewise, when Ade didn't return on time after the ACN, I was also critical of him. But we've moved on from that.

Lastly, I have been critical generally of his form this season. But I'm ever hopeful that the next game will see a return to form.

In all cases, I believe the criticism / concern to have been justified.

But that doesn't mean that I think that everything that Ade does is bad. Nor does it mean that I won't give him praise when I believe that he deserves it. Finally, I'm not going to criticise him for something that he hasn't done - namely, as you claimed, slagging off Spurs fans.

Unlike you, it seems, my opinions (on issues that vary over the course of time) are not set in stone.

At the time that I started this thread, I was concerned by Ade's poor form. I didn't hate him. I didn't intend that this thread should be for the perpetual slagging off of everything that Ade does. I just wanted to start a discussion, mostly about the areas of the pitch that Ade was getting into during our bad spell in the latter half of last season.

Likewise, when Ade didn't return on time after the ACN, I was also critical of him. But we've moved on from that.

Lastly, I have been critical generally of his form this season. But I'm ever hopeful that the next game will see a return to form.

In all cases, I believe the criticism / concern to have been justified.

But that doesn't mean that I think that everything that Ade does is bad. Nor does it mean that I won't give him praise when I believe that he deserves it. Finally, I'm not going to criticise him for something that he hasn't done - namely, as you claimed, slagging off Spurs fans.

agree with all the bolded bits.

I will be the first to sing his praises when he eventually starts to play for the shirt and show genuine commitment. No signs of it so far unfortunately. Like you, I hope for it every game. And so far, every game I have been bitterly disappointed in him and his performance.

Pirate, like your posts usually but Jimmy has actually been critical of Ade this season so not sure you really want to be having a pop at him :)

When people say Ade wasn't AVB's first choice, are they saying he didn't want him at all or that he was simply lower down on his list of targets? If the former is true, then that is quite worrying. I don't agree with buying players that the manager does not endorse.

Pirate, like your posts usually but Jimmy has actually been critical of Ade this season so not sure you really want to be having a pop at him :)

When people say Ade wasn't AVB's first choice, are they saying he didn't want him at all or that he was simply lower down on his list of targets? If the former is true, then that is quite worrying. I don't agree with buying players that the manager does not endorse.

Thanks. Jurgen. Not really having a pop at jimmyg, in fact I am agreeing with him on 90% of the points he makes

I think the question you pose in your second paragraph is interesting, and would be interested to hear what those that say he wasnt AVB's first choice respond to it. and who was his first choice striker if not Ade?

Thanks. Jurgen. Not really having a pop at jimmyg, in fact I am agreeing with him on 90% of the points he makes

I think the question you pose in your second paragraph is interesting, and would be interested to hear what those that say he wasnt AVB's first choice respond to it. and who was his first choice striker if not Ade?

I'll answer the second one. As I understand it, there were the usual list of targets. The deal for Adebayor was (reportedly) already outlined early on, and as such was an easy one to do. I believe he was wanted talent-wise, but that mgmt were concerned as to the effect he might have on the dressing room as AVB was early-doors in and wanted to have as level/even a dressing room as possible. I'd be intrigued to know the targets we didn't get too (Damiao seems to be the obvious one) but I believe the whisper that he was concerned about the player's possible attitude/influence on the dressing room. Who knows, could be gonads, but it made sense at the time with regards to the way it unfolded, and it's making sense right now. I think both are trying to be very professional about it, and TBF, I think Ade IS trying to up it and trying to engage. Lyon second-half he was decent, and his presence has been important. Let's hope he gets his scoring boots on and AVB gets what he wants in the summer, whoever that ends up being.

You couldnt make it up

Don't believe it was me mate...I think the loyalty bonus was well-reported as being the reason, but I had caught another scent in the wind early on. I came upon it because I was actually shocked we hadn't done the deal early on, like us all I thought he was nailed on and would be the first through the door. Look, it absolutely COULD be true, I genuinely don't know, but I always heard the other story...just like I heard he was fined two weeks wages early season and the club hushed it. One thing's for sure, he's a high-maintenance guy, and AVB doesn't like high-maintenance personalities who can upset squads. Like Fergie really.

No, it WOULD have been different if Ade had set up TWO goals for us. Are you seriously trying to say otherwise?
Do you still think he would have been seen or labelled as lazy if he had set up TWO goals away from home??

Of course it wouldnt have been different. a great pass is a great pass whether it ends in a goal or not. it was a super pass actually. People say he is lazy because of his overall general play and effort in 90 minutes not because he didnt score or he didnt assist.

Youre going on the basis of stats - which has no bearing on my opinion of a player. I have said it before stats are for some, theyre certainly not for me.

Youre talking about assisting two goals. which is not how I go about things. It is not that black and white.

Pirate, genuine question mate.

Will you spend the rest of the season being angry at the man despite the fact he is all we have right now and the manager is choosing to play him? It just seems like a massive waste of energy mate. You can't control him or the situation, might be better to just 'zen' it a bit!!!! Of course, I can say this having gone through a season of Paul fudging Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a striker but as a youth one of my targets because he was so brick!

Of course it wouldnt have been different. a great pass is a great pass whether it ends in a goal or not. it was a super pass actually. People say he is lazy because of his overall general play and effort in 90 minutes not because he didnt score or he didnt assist.

Youre going on the basis of stats - which has no bearing on my opinion of a player. I have said it before stats are for some, theyre certainly not for me.

Youre talking about assisting two goals. which is not how I go about things. It is not that black and white.

So WHAT would have changed people's opinions of his contributions then??? Apart from scoring a hat-trick that is?
He had almost ZERO service to work with, but still he set up two gilt-edge chances for others. Forget stats it's goals that change games and opinions - look at how these things have done to opinions of Bale and Dembele's overall ratings recently.

If Ade cannot score goals in certain games (because he is feeding off scraps) he will get praise for assisting because he will at least be contributing. Eg. see most people's comments about Defoe and our need to have some of our midfielders get in amongst the goals via link-up lay etc etc.

Back