• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

in fact I wanted him to do that against Wolves, I just knew how they would play and it would have given them more to think about

And i think in 3 seasons we have pretty much battered them every time at home . . .. .. . .Yet they have managed to get in front from a set play every time. And its got them 4 points out of 9, the same as US!!!

Imo our formation issues all revolve around VDV. I'm sure Ade will be equally as effective as a lone striker or building partnerships with another.

The chances have dried up a bit for Ade recently and although he isn't a prolific finisher (perhaps the poorest part of his game?) i am sure would get his quota with enough chances coming his way.

VDV has developed that annoying habit of wandering off to collect the ball from anywhere he chooses, he is not that mobile so even if he iniates an attack from deep he doesn't have the burst power (which obv lenn/bale do and even mod/pker) to end up in goal threatening positions. When he first came he was alot more a forward with crouch (yes i know we'd knock it long to 3m peter) but wish he would focus his work nearer the oppositions goal as VDV is a superb finisher. I also got a feeling that Harry has a hard time ever telling him he's gonna be sub. Along with his constant injuries,(i thought we did pilates/yoga VDV must be missing these classes) and self proclaimed want to only play one position, i would at the end of the season consider VDV's effect on the team dynamic. He is a big game player and a class act just worry he might end up being a negative.

Ade/Rossi/Leandro

Next season's strikeforce in my dreams, in reality it'll be Defoe/Saha/K.Davies/Lancaster #-o

Adebayor is vital to us,we need to do everything in our power to keep him,unless of course we can sign someone better which is highly unlikely

Call me old fashioned, but a striker is meant to score goals. Ade for the past few months has been total brick in that respect. He has missed sitter after sitter and has made Defoe look like he knows what the offside rule is (sorry JD) - Right now, I'd drop Ade, he isnt even playing that well and hasnt been for weeks. Can you imagine paying ?ú225k a week for him ? fudge me. I selected maybe in the poll, but right now I think i should have selected no. He cant hit a barn door, and dropping off and collecting the ball to play it backwards doesnt really count either.

He really should have scored from that Bale cross (the right footed one believe it or not) and had a few lapse touches which were frustrating but I wouldn't say he's been total brick, he's still holding the ball pretty well and set up a few chances for Niko IIRC.

Considering the Emirates Marketing Project rest he should have contributed more than he has done in the last two games but as long as we're scoring goals I'm not really bothered who's getting them...I'd say no, for now unless City are really looking to cut their losses.

The thing with Adebayor is that he doesn't seem comfortable taking shots from outside the box. He never seems a goal-threat unless he's inside the box, with 3 defenders swarming around him. It's in these moments that I think he's most valuable because he somehow can flick the ball onto someone else after he occupies a bunch of the opposition player's attentions. Even JD will wind a few shots up outside the box.
He definitely needs to work on staying onsides though. I agree with Wriggly here about him because caught off too often.

How many assists has he got? Or directly involved in our goals? Based on his goals its not hard to see that he isnt scoring enough. Strenght, hold up yeah fine but without seeing these first Im unsure.

Even when he isn't playing well it is obvious he as a reall effect on our build up play. If the finances stack up and arent to the detriment of re-inforcing the team elsewhere then I would be more than happy for us to sign him long term.

I agree. He has improved the team so much and the improvement in the number of goals that we are getting from midfield this season is almost totally down to him. What we shouldn't do is agree to wages out of proportion to his value to the team. ?ú100k a week max for me which is what we should be offering our other key players.

There are several better players than Ade at Spurs, who should be on better wages than him. Keeping Bale and Modric happy must be first priority.
If Ade is happy to slot into the existing wage structure the sign him, I think however he's never going to take that sort of cut.

Call me old fashioned, but a striker is meant to score goals. Ade for the past few months has been total brick in that respect. He has missed sitter after sitter and has made Defoe look like he knows what the offside rule is (sorry JD) - Right now, I'd drop Ade, he isnt even playing that well and hasnt been for weeks. Can you imagine paying ?ú225k a week for him ? fudge me. I selected maybe in the poll, but right now I think i should have selected no. He cant hit a barn door, and dropping off and collecting the ball to play it backwards doesnt really count either.

Totally agree. A well known German philosopher (GWF Hegel) once said, and I quote: "What experience and history teach is this - that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles deduced from it".

Having considered his fall's from favour at the Emirates and the Etihad, I think the jury is still out on Ade? If he takes a pay cut and continues to score goals for us, then those that have voted "yes" would have been proved to be right.

Unequivocal yes. His wages will be reduced, and he's already proven that he can score prolifically in the Premiership. He has had his ups and downs this season, but he has been far superior to any other strike on this roster. Knowing our transfer policy over the past few years, mainly our ability to bring in anyone of worth up front (Ade excepted), I say we hold on to him.

Even if he isn't scoring, he still works hard for the team and links/holds up the ball very nicely. Don't think Ive seen a single game of his where I'd categorise him as lazy so far

If he keeps up his work rate I see no reason not to buy him

My only worry is that perhaps this is only because he is first choice? At other teams where he fell out of favour he was competing against other top strikers in Tevez, van Persie etc... If we buy a new striker and he isn't automatic first choice, will he fight for his place?

No

Poor first touch, no upper body strength (gets knocked off the ball way too easily), poor passing accuracy, loses possession, crap in the air and doesn't score many goals. Amazed he has the reputation he has to be honest. Berbatov was 10x the player for us. I reckon we can do much better in the summer window.

Poor first touch, no upper body strength (gets knocked off the ball way too easily), poor passing accuracy, loses possession, crap in the air and doesn't score many goals. Amazed he has the reputation he has to be honest. Berbatov was 10x the player for us. I reckon we can do much better in the summer window.

Um, I reckon we can't. How did we do in the summer window when we were in the champs league?

thought you were describing crouch for a minute there...

Or JD

He's no Berba but holds up the ball quie well, imv and his link-up has been above average. Needs to work on his composure in front of goal and possibly look for the earlier ball.

As mentioned earlier - let's see how the next few crucial months pan out - only sensible way when making a decision.

Back