• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Our forward structure has been so much better today and that has been with Lamela being below par. The interchange between the mid field and the forwards, the movement, the number of chances... everything. All this against one of the best sides in world football. What has been the big change? No Adebayor! But some people cannot see it. Makes me laugh.

Have to agree with Deano Soldado has shown me nothing to make him worth a start since he first put on a spurs shirt. Anyone else with the performance he has put in today would have been slated.
And can anyone tell me what any manager sees in Townsend and Dembele? Absolute waste of subs bringing them on. Dont contribute anything no goals no assists and zero link up play.
Considering how much Aguero cost and how much we paid for Soldado its just a joke. And it wouldnt be so bad if we had paid what Lamela was worth instead of 3 times as much

Granted we don't have the options they do in midfield but Dembele for Capoue was understandable given that Capoue isn't that good at going forward and we needed something more from the central of midfield. Lamela had been poor and Townsend does have the ability to knock one in from outside the box (on England duty at least). As for Soldado, well he's nowhere near the same level as Aguero, but to compare pricetags is redundant when we both know that a) Aguero would easily fetch in excess of £60 million b) we were held to ransom due to the Bale money c) we have only paid £13 million up front (reportedly).

Besides that, Soldado's play has been impressive today. If he'd had put the pen in the back of the net I doubt anyone would be slating him as he'd have a goal and an assist vs the Champions. Instead he missed and haters like Deano come out with the line that he's a poor player and never will get better. The more pragmatic amongst us note the positives from a first league start in a long time and move on.

It was a decent game, all things considered. We played a lot better than we have done in previous seasons, but were let down by a few unpleasant but pertinent facts:

1) Soldado is not, and will never ,ever, ever be even close to the level of Aguero or Jovetic. To be fair, Ade doesn't get close either, but the difference between the offenses today was a rather prosaic but ultimately key difference between us and City. As for his individual performance, there is only so much that good passing and instinctive one-twos can do for a striker who seems to pathologically hate scoring in any way, and ultimately, unlucky or otherwise, these are the games that Robbie will be judged on.

2) Fazio's struggled against pace the entire game, so it wasn't a surprise to see him lose Aguero and commit the tug that saw him sent off: it's understandable given that this was a difficult debut for anyone to have to make, though. I'll bite my tongue and hold in the 'bargain buy' comments.

Overall, it was a decent performance, but City's far, far better and more expensive players and our shaky defense counted against us in the end. Take it on the chin and move on.

Also, Kaboul laughing with Milner at the end there was uncalled for and rather depressing to see. You're the damn team captain: you should be hurting at losses, not laughing with opposition players. Just amplifies my doubts about his suitability for the post of captain.

Appologies I thought you were talking about Lamela. My bad.

He can still contribute but he's never going to be a super star for us.

Lamela isn't where he should be but he's still very young and he's been injured for most of his time here. No problem with him, the comment about him was more tongue in cheek. We did overpay though.

Our forward structure has been so much better today and that has been with Lamela being below par. The interchange between the mid field and the forwards, the movement, the number of chances... everything. All this against one of the best sides in world football. What has been the big change? No Adebayor! But some people cannot see it. Makes me laugh.

It might be because there was no Adebayor. But it was not because of Soldado. Ade comes back into midfield bringing his marker with him sometimes and tends to get in the way of the three behind him and then is not in the box when needed. Soldado is in the box but not enough of a presence, he lacks strength, Aerial ability and is not fast enough to run in behind either. At this juncture I would like to see Kane given a chance.

Lamela isn't where he should be but he's still very young and he's been injured for most of his time here. No problem with him, the comment about him was more tongue in cheek. We did overpay though.

He is still only played a dozen premier league games. And is still getting use to the prem. Next season is his judgement season really. I just want to see him progress. Today he tried hard but maybe too hard, his defending is very bad. Lost the ball for their opening goal and then a clumsy challenge lead to their first pen ( it wasnt a pen ) but it was a crap challenge.

Kaboul laughing was a joke. Players don't care anymore and I'm trying not to let defeats hurt me anymore.

In general players don't care. Only a handful do. Kompany, Terry and Gerrard to name a few.

I think as a team, we need to get more brutal. Take no prisoner. No laughing around with the opposition. If you feel a nudge in the area go down, if an opponent is on a yellow, go down in a screaming heap to get him sent off and make sure four of your team mates surround the ref waving their imaginary cards in the air. I watch the top four doing this against us every year and while I don't approve of it, we need to step up and start doing it ourselves, otherwise there are going to be plenty more results like this one.

Granted we don't have the options they do in midfield but Dembele for Capoue was understandable given that Capoue isn't that good at going forward and we needed something more from the central of midfield. Lamela had been poor and Townsend does have the ability to knock one in from outside the box (on England duty at least). As for Soldado, well he's nowhere near the same level as Aguero, but to compare pricetags is redundant when we both know that a) Aguero would easily fetch in excess of £60 million b) we were held to ransom due to the Bale money c) we have only paid £13 million up front (reportedly).

Besides that, Soldado's play has been impressive today. If he'd had put the pen in the back of the net I doubt anyone would be slating him as he'd have a goal and an assist vs the Champions. Instead he missed and haters like Deano come out with the line that he's a poor player and never will get better. The more pragmatic amongst us note the positives from a first league start in a long time and move on.

Well said, people expecting him to bang a hat trick in on his first start.

I was not saying Soldado had too bad a game today but he just cant justify a start. Overall I thought he was pretty anonymous today. And I dont decide a player is bad before they have even kicked a ball. I have based my opinions of seeing all these players live at the lane. For instance I couldn't stand Rose but must admit he has improved this season, although I still dont think he would make any of the top eight teams starting line up.
And can someone tell me what Townsend and Dembele bring to the team? Been woeful for ages. A waste of 2 subs they should only be used in the europa league

I was not saying Soldado had too bad a game today but he just cant justify a start. Overall I thought he was pretty anonymous today. And I dont decide a player is bad before they have even kicked a ball. I have based my opinions of seeing all these players live at the lane. For instance I couldn't stand Rose but must admit he has improved this season, although I still dont think he would make any of the top eight teams starting line up.
And can someone tell me what Townsend and Dembele bring to the team? Been woeful for ages. A waste of 2 subs they should only be used in the europa league

I just think some posters have made their mind up about Soldado and will not change it. If people honestly can't/won't see that he was good today and better than Adebayor has been all season then I truly despair and question some people's sanity.

Awful penalty by Soldado.

For me Kane should have played instead of him, but I will say Soldado did some good things as well.

Pochettino needs to learn from this game, we showed some good aspects attacking wise, but defensively, terrible.

Well Townsend had three shots. Two pretty close. That was more than Lamela did all game. Not much, but still more. Dembele got the ball and kept possesion, won a few free kicks. Again not much. But way more than Capoue did.

Back