• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

I just think some posters have made their mind up about Soldado and will not change it. If people honestly can't/won't see that he was good today and better than Adebayor has been all season then I truly despair and question some people's sanity.

Point out what he did? back up your point with facts. Not conjecture. Then maybe you might swing some opinion.

We posed a THREAT on city's goal today, we barely had any shots on target when Adebayor played...review the tape mate!

All that is nothing to do with Soldado. Was in spite of him. And where Did I say i preferred Ade? nowhere! thas where. I would prefer Kane over both of them at the moment.

I don't understand why we decided to get involved in a basketball type of match against Emirates Marketing Project and Aguero...As good as our attacking play can be, with Soldado involved with the three behind him , we were never going to outscore them . We needed to play a tight first half and not push up the likes of Fazio up to the halfway line .

We need to change this mentality about doing things the 'Spurs Way' when we come up against such quality.

B0O73RPCMAA9Uco.png

I just can't see us doing this with Ade slouching around out there

i thought poch did well and tried to play our game against Emirates Marketing Project to get a fair assessment of how good we are.

we didn't try to park the bus like arsenal and steal a win, we went at them.

i won't blame anyone for missing a penalty as long as its on target, and i think things do look like they are clicking into place.

soldado is so much better than ade even for his first appearance in the league, i hope he stays on, and verts takes over from kaboul.

fazio looks slow and lumbering to me, but its his first game, so i think he deserves an extended run before judgement.

we are too slow and hence naieve with the high line against players like navas, silva and aguerro; poch needs to rethink this aspect of the game or fight hard for the players he needs.

southampton was definitely a more pacey team with fast crisp passing - we are not (yet).

I'm over today already, a result was always going to be unlikely, lots of positives for me

Looking forward to thursday and next sunday against the circus

COYS

I just think some posters have made their mind up about Soldado and will not change it. If people honestly can't/won't see that he was good today and better than Adebayor has been all season then I truly despair and question some people's sanity.

He needs to score. All the 'good' performances in the damn world won't change the fact that he will definitely be considered a colossal failure by anyone and everyone if he ends this season with the same stats as he ended last season with.

Point out what he did? back up your point with facts. Not conjecture. Then maybe you might swing some opinion.

Set up the goal.

Set up Mason for a one on one which he missed from about 12 yards out.

Won the penalty.

Overall play v.good and actually stayed in the centre like a striker is supposed to. No wonder Eriksen doesn't have many assists with Adebayor basically playing as a winger.

Our forward structure has been so much better today and that has been with Lamela being below par. The interchange between the mid field and the forwards, the movement, the number of chances... everything. All this against one of the best sides in world football. What has been the big change? No Adebayor! But some people cannot see it. Makes me laugh.

I agree with this, it was lovely to watch today, really crisp passing and interchange with some quick feet from some talented players

All that is nothing to do with Soldado. Was in spite of him. And where Did I say i preferred Ade? nowhere! thas where. I would prefer Kane over both of them at the moment.

Except that Soldado set up some of our best chances and generally played well. Probably had a better aerial success ratio than Ade as well.

Fantastic game of football its plan to see we are moving forward, front 5 top notch, Lamela had some brilliant moments of fast feet in the first half.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Ther are some real spannners on here some days. Soldado LINKED up with chadli, Mason and Eriksen, He created the goal, he won a penalty. more in ten minutes, than Adebayor has done in 6 matches. We looked like scoring against a great side, when with Ade we have posed ZERO threat.

He needs to score. All the 'good' performances in the damn world won't change the fact that he will definitely be considered a colossal failure by anyone and everyone if he ends this season with the same stats as he ended last season with.

I absolutely agree. But to slate him for playing one game and not scoring is completely idiotic.

this is even more excellent considering that it was against Emirates Marketing Project

All about the quality of their forwards. Aguero one on one scored two goals turning our Centre backs inside out. Soldado and Ade cannot hit a barn door it seems.

Agreed re Kane, one of the many mistakes Poch made today. There was a real chance of a point v City today, but Poch got it wrong, and was also let down by some of his players badly.

Set up the goal.

Set up Mason for a one on one which he missed from about 12 yards out.

Won the penalty.

Overall play v.good and actually stayed in the centre like a striker is supposed to. No wonder Eriksen doesn't have many assists with Adebayor basically playing as a winger.

Ill give you those points. But i think its case of us being used to a Famine output from Ade and then when we get a little output we think its a good performance. He could not fail to assist that goal. He missed the pen and a decent chance in front of goal. And quite a few times he lost possession and failed to harry their defenders.

Fantastic game of football its plan to see we are moving forward, front 5 top notch, Lamela had some brilliant moments of fast feet in the first half.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Yeah if he played for ****ty. Ive not slated Lamela but I just dont see him as being effective and mentally the guy is weak and yes even at 22 or whatever. He is the kind of guy that needs time and judging by the way he needs so much time and takes so many touches, EPL is so not for him.

Back