• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Were you the 'finished article' at 22? The best you can be?

Just seen he's 29. There's no footballer that goes from where Soldado is now to where a 26 million striker should be at 29. It just doesn't happen. Look, you have your view, I have mine. Let's come back at the end of the season, or the end of his Spurs career, and see who was right.

Oh dear :-( Seems you're watching a different player to the one that's been dreadful for 18 months now.
Have to agree with Deano Soldado has shown me nothing to make him worth a start since he first put on a spurs shirt. Anyone else with the performance he has put in today would have been slated.
And can anyone tell me what any manager sees in Townsend and Dembele? Absolute waste of subs bringing them on. Dont contribute anything no goals no assists and zero link up play.
Considering how much Aguero cost and how much we paid for Soldado its just a joke. And it wouldnt be so bad if we had paid what Lamela was worth instead of 3 times as much

My views on the game today -

1) Scoreline flatters City because we played pretty well overall. They have some devastating players though.

2) Ref had a poor game. Two pens that shouldn't have been (their first and ours, which was outside the box) and a debate able red.

3) Not sure he should have been sent off, but what on earth was Fazio thinking?

4) Lamela has an extremely fragile ego. I think he has improved hugely this season under Poch but his head dropped noticeably following his mistakes for their first two goals.

5) Soldado worked hard and contributed well in a tough role away to a very good side. I think he is like Lamela - a confidence player. I would be happy to see him get a run in the side.

6) Mason could be a very, very good player.

7) Chadli continues to look a lot better, too.

In short, I am feeling rather more positive that I would expect following a heavy defeat. We are clearly improving against teams that want to attack us; it remains to be seen if we have the guile to break down that play defensively against us.

Have to agree with Deano Soldado has shown me nothing to make him worth a start since he first put on a spurs shirt. Anyone else with the performance he has put in today would have been slated.
And can anyone tell me what any manager sees in Townsend and Dembele? Absolute waste of subs bringing them on. Dont contribute anything no goals no assists and zero link up play.
Considering how much Aguero cost and how much we paid for Soldado its just a joke. And it wouldnt be so bad if we had paid what Lamela was worth instead of 3 times as much

That's just ridiculous. He's set up the goal, should have had another assist and yeah he's missed a penalty but if you can't see that this performance is miles better than what Adebayor has put in this season then there's nothing more I can add.

We keep getting players sent off in these big games and just capitulate.
4-1 i last heard with 5 mins to go.
Another load of rubbish !

I think it actually is the real dean Austin, he might be going for the ball but you're not 100% sure

Haha all comedians lads but you're all clutching at straws with Soldado. Really.

I'm not saying he's a donkey. He certainly isn't Andy Booth. More like Veron. Clearly did well in another league. Came to England and it hasn't worked out. He's had his chances, we are a long way beyond the adjustment stage. He just isn't suited to it. 2 league goals from open play (plus four pens) in 30 league appearances does not equal a 26 million top class striker.

One plus I'll take from the game is that this is three points more Chelski need to win the league.
Rather City than Cheatski, Arsenal, United or Liverpool.

That's just ridiculous. He's set up the goal, should have had another assist and yeah he's missed a penalty but if you can't see that this performance is miles better than what Adebayor has put in this season then there's nothing more I can add.

Simply pathetic isn't it, I wonder what enjoyment some people get out of watching spurs when it's quite clear they've decided which players played well or not before a ball has even been kicked! The last couple of pages have been embarrassing reading.

Just seen he's 29. There's no footballer that goes from where Soldado is now to where a 26 million striker should be at 29. It just doesn't happen. Look, you have your view, I have mine. Let's come back at the end of the season, or the end of his Spurs career, and see who was right.

Appologies I thought you were talking about Lamela. My bad.

He can still contribute but he's never going to be a super star for us.

Could have been a lot lot worse, but we clearly a quality striker and a new CB in January, we are never going to knwo what may have happened,but the missed penalty was the ultimate turning point

My views on the game today -

1) Scoreline flatters City because we played pretty well overall. They have some devastating players though.

2) Ref had a poor game. Two pens that shouldn't have been (their first and ours, which was outside the box) and a debate able red.

3) Not sure he should have been sent off, but what on earth was Fazio thinking?

4) Lamela has an extremely fragile ego. I think he has improved hugely this season under Poch but his head dropped noticeably following his mistakes for their first two goals.

5) Soldado worked hard and contributed well in a tough role away to a very good side. I think he is like Lamela - a confidence player. I would be happy to see him get a run in the side.

6) Mason could be a very, very good player.

7) Chadli continues to look a lot better, too.

In short, I am feeling rather more positive that I would expect following a heavy defeat. We are clearly improving against teams that want to attack us; it remains to be seen if we have the guile to break down that play defensively against us.

I agree with the above points.

I think the penalty miss is massive, I just dont think you should miss them. 12 yards out from goal you have to score.

Back