• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

Mate, this is Soldado's first league start of the season, away to the champions and he's set up a goal and could have had another assist if not for Mason missing sitter and his overall play has been very good, Adebayor has been poor to average at best AND HASN'T BEEN SCORING

Yeah - Soldado has been really good today - involved in our all attacking play.

Give him 3 or 4 goals infront of our starting midfield today and I think the goals will come flooding in.

It's devastating because we have actually been better than the team that turned up last year. This team doesn't deserve to be on the end of a 6-1, but this suicidal highline is really not working against Aguerro. He's getting to face up to his man and use his pace far too often. I think Rose is committing himself too far up the pitch at times too, I understand his role in the team, but imo he needs to just sit back a little bit more.

Shall we list our grievances?

- Offside goal to them
- Conned into a pen for them
- A red that was not
- A missed pen to us
- Maybe one move we should ahve scored from.

Otherwise a good game. If we're honest they were a little better than us. But we were at the races. Credit to Poch.

Ours wasn't a pen. One of theirs wasn't . So I guess that's balanced out. But I hate these inept red cards . Let's start another list after this one - incorrect reds given against top four sides

I hate this Moss toss pot

How long are we going to say this though? We said it last season and before that too. Why are we continuously making mistakes? Is it the personnel? If so, why the **** are we buying mistake prone players etc...

And we still feel sorry for ourselves and fall apart when things go against us.

Whether it's a red card or not does not disguise the fact it WAS a penalty. If you don't pull and push people in the area or make stupid tackles, you don't get a red card and you don't give away penalties. The simple fact is that both of our central defenders made stupid challenges and gave away penalties (and not debatable penalties - very obvious penalties) and could have both been sent off. AND they've done this against a team well known for punishing exactly this type of play.

I don't blame Poch (apart from playing Kaboul when there are better options), unless he told the defence to go out and play like Sunday League drunks...

How long are we going to say this though? We said it last season and before that too. Why are we continuously making mistakes? Is it the personnel? If so, why the **** are we buying mistake prone players etc...

I agree, questionable recruitment policy for a while now

That's right because it's the first game he has failed to score in. Listen I like Soldado but yet again he fails to score and misses a pen.

No one was on Adebayor's back after the first game where he failed to score, it was after the 6th or 7th. That is why it was a stupid comment.

Not really mate. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

He's been awful for 18 months. Really awful. He's 28. He ain't getting better. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting.

Were you the 'finished article' at 22? The best you can be?

Not really mate. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's probably a duck.

He's been awful for 18 months. Really awful. He's 28. He ain't getting better. Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting.

18 months? He's started one league game this season :ross:

Fella, you're making a fool of yourself.

Fella, you can say that but it doesn't make it true.

He's scored 6 or 7 goals in a season and half for us in the PL. He cost 26 million (all in). He's 28. He's a poor player in this league. Come back at the end of the season. I'll still have the facts on my side where as you'll just have empty rhetoric like the above on your side.

That's right because it's the first game he has failed to score in. Listen I like Soldado but yet again he fails to score and misses a pen.

Should've done better with the penalty, but to be fair it was a very good save from Hart that denied Soldado a goal from his shot a few minutes after. He needs to start taking his chances though. I still hope for the ketchup effect, but he's well overdue a goalscoring streak now, for a striker of his pedigree.

Ours wasn't a pen. One of theirs wasn't . So I guess that's balanced out. But I hate these inept red cards . Let's start another list after this one - incorrect reds given against top four sides

I hate this Moss toss pot

This is true. And they are a better more experienced team etc. We were in the game tho.

Point is their first two goals were highly questionable. The timing was bad and we did well to stay in the game and almost equalise for a second time.

And we still feel sorry for ourselves and fall apart when things go against us.

Ive said before I think we are so mentally weak its untrue. I mean look at Lamela today, arms frailing about etc - he looked like a pansy a ***** when things slightly didnt go his way. Our heads bow when things down go our way etc. Just seems that we have no one to stand up stand tall and fight. Im thinking Stambouli but I dont know. We need a **** or two alas John Terry etc

Back