• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

I love Clint, and hope he continues to play as well as he has done for the past 3 games, plus add some goals as well, starting on Thursday.

One or two regular posters have been proven spectacularly wrong by Dempsey but it's human nature to never admit it. No big deal.

He will continue to improve.

i love clint, and hope he continues to play as well as he has done for the past 3 games, plus add some goals as well, starting on thursday.

I tried to post in upper case but failed. But I agree with the poster

Last edited:
Spectacularly wrong?? That's going too far

Not sure that's going to far. There has been one (who shall remain unnamed even though everyone probably knows who he/she is) who might be regretting his/her words a little.

Then again i bet they'd enjoy nothing better then to regret those words.

What are you talking about? so 3 good games cancels out the 10 bad ones (or however many it is).

He's done well these games i agree but in terms of his all around ability i think he's limited and have thought this even before we signed him. As i've said countless time he's excellent at making deep runs and finding space but i feel generally he's limited in everything else (which is why i compare him to Tim Cahill and Kevin Nolan who are superb at finding goalscoring positions and space but in terms of general play they're limited). Dempsey is a slightly technically better version of those 2 but i hope he continues this form.

I agree with that comparison.

He's had an excellent week which will do his confidence no harm. Shame the early shot vs. Fulham where he cut inside the CB didn't go in. That was mighty good skill.

Not sure that's going to far. There has been one (who shall remain unnamed even though everyone probably knows who he/she is) who might be regretting his/her words a little.

Then again i bet they'd enjoy nothing better then to regret those words.

Well i admitted to booing him well actually i never got the chance but i would have done after some of his performances so the points remain i was prepared to boo him.

But as i admitted a page or so back he has improved greatly the last few games, his work rate is good. I would still have prefered berbatov and still would but credit to dempsey he is a man he worked hard to over come his bad form. He shows the character we need in the club to move forward and to compete at the top i hope some of it rubs off on the youngsters.

Gallas is my new hate figure just for the record i believe him to still being paid by arsenal to destroy the club i have loved for 30 plus years. I have just finished watching homeland and am convinced that gallas was placed as a mole in spurs by wenger so no matter how bad arsenal do they can laugh at us they we play gallas. He was probably behind dawsons injury yesterday the bastard.

"When I played for Fulham we always did well at Craven Cottage and it's a difficult place to get a result," said Clint. "We knew it was going to be tough and that we'd need to defend well and be patient.

"At the same time, we had to be on the front foot and try to take our chances when we made them.

"We were able to open the game up in the second half and it was good to help the team win by getting an assist for Jermain."

Clint was in no doubt where the ball was going to end up after sending Jermain through on goal.

"Jermain's on fire," he added. "I could have played it earlier but I held it to see if I could get more space between the centre-back and right-back, and I was able to thread it through.

"He had a great first touch and he's so clinical in front of goal. It's great to have a player of his quality."

The result made it three wins in the space of six days in the Premier League, lifting us to fourth but level on points with Chelsea and West Brom in third and fifth respectively.

"It's difficult to get results in this league, period," stated Clint. "We were going through a tough spell, but we've responded with three wins in a row. That's great, it lifts us up the table and now it's about pushing on from here."

Dempsey's been such a bastard for the Americans in international play - quick adapter - that it seemed only a matter of time before he clicked for Spurs. Those two winning goals he's scored typify his nose for the net(AVB: "Immense olfactory dimension. He smells every rebound.") and he's showing some deft touches as he settles in.

There's also a little sandpaper in his game, not afraid of contact or traffic. May not be everything VDV was - good game day stubble, wicked shiner, needs to get more emotional and pick up a hot wife - but we seem to be going the right way in filling that gap, even if it is somewhat by committee.

Last edited:
Dempsey's been such a bastard for the Americans in international play - quick adapter - that it seemed only a matter of time before he clicked for Spurs. Those two winning goals he's scored typify his nose for the net(AVB: "Immense olfactory dimension. He smells every rebound.") and he's showing some deft touches as he settles in.

There's also a little sandpaper in his game, not afraid of contact or traffic. May not be everything VDV was - good game day stubble, wicked shiner, needs to get more emotional and pick up a hot wife - but we seem to be going the right way in filling that gap, even if it is somewhat by committee.

mate...that is top-class writing!

I think some were quick to judge him as just a goal poacher but I knew he had more in his locker as terms of creative ability and it is starting to show. hopefully he will push on

do you know what a hot wife really gets up to? some kinky shut.

Nice of you to say so. But look what we've got to work with - a good ol' Trailer Park boy from Texas. Same humble roots as VDV.
That's one of the things I love about both VDV and Clint - their street fighting instincts - so good when you have a bit of 'attitude' in the team.

He played in midfield a lot last season and quite a lot in his career. This season he's played behind the striker.

Not sure if that counts as midfield or upfront but no need to split hairs.

He played in midfield a lot last season and quite a lot in his career. This season he's played behind the striker.

Not sure if that counts as midfield or upfront but no need to split hairs.

That depends on whether you see us as playing 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1. The difference is almost non existant once the match gets underway.

Back