• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

While digging in the AVB thread I found this: 'We have enough cover without him. Moutinho's transfer not happening should not overshadow the fact we have pulled off one of the biggest coups of the transfer market with Clint Dempsey, who is a player who can really help us to go one step further.'

“It was a masterclass from our chairman to sign him,” Villas-Boas said.

“I gave the green light to do it and I think we did extremely well.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/tottenham/avb_delighted_after_gazumping_liverpool_to_ex_fulham_man_1_1712743

dempsey_face.jpg

Anyone else notice that he seemed a lot faster last night? I stand by my previous comment that he reminded me of Jason Dozzell earlier in the season, but perhaps we were a little harsh to judge him seeing as he'd had no pre-season and his levels of fitness and sharpness both seem to have improved.

Big game for him this weekend.

Anyone else notice that he seemed a lot faster last night? I stand by my previous comment that he reminded me of Jason Dozzell earlier in the season, but perhaps we were a little harsh to judge him seeing as he'd had no pre-season and his levels of fitness and sharpness both seem to have improved.

Big game for him this weekend.

Very big. lets hope he rises to the occasion for us.

Fulham boss Martin Jol has insisted there was nothing he could have done to prevent forward Clint Dempsey leaving Craven Cottage last summer.

Dempsey, who had less than a year left on his Fulham contract, joined Tottenham in a £6m-move on transfer deadline day.

This week the 29-year-old intimated he could have stayed had he felt more "valued and appreciated".

But Jol said: "We did everything we could do so there are no regrets."

Jol feels that money and the lure of Champions League football were the reasons Dempsey, who will line up for Tottenham against his former club in the Premier League on Saturday, wanted to leave Craven Cottage.

"He wanted to be appreciated financially and he wanted a bigger club, a Champions League club, and that is what he probably got with Spurs," said the Dutchman.

"He didn't feel appreciated financially, but I am not the one deciding over the contracts.

"He said it time after time again that he wanted to go to a Champions League club.

"Even when I said in my last conversation with him that I loved him, it was not good enough to keep him here."

Asked if there was anything Fulham could have done to get make him stay, Jol replied: "No, no.

"You know what he wanted. He wanted to go to a Champions League club.

"If you feel appreciated, you would like maybe to stay at Fulham so there is a contradiction there.

"I think he felt loved but he still wanted to move, but of course I understand what he means.

"From the first day he came back from holiday he didn't want to play here. He wanted to move so of course you can force the issue and then come up with things.

"But hopefully he will get over it and hopefully he will feel loved at Spurs."

Dempsey scored 50 goals in 184 league appearances for Fulham after joining them from American club New England Revolution in January 2007 for a reported £1.5m.

His time at Craven Cottage came to an unsavoury end after manager Martin Jol claimed Dempsey said he no longer wanted to play for the club.

Liverpool expressed an interest in the USA international, who had a year left on his contract, but did not make a formal bid.

Fulham complained to the Premier League about the Merseyside club's pursuit of the player, who then moved to White Hart Lane shortly before the closure of the summer transfer window.

Dempsey will not be the only player making his first Fulham return tomorrow, with Mousa Dembele also set to feature after also leaving the club for Spurs during the summer.

The Belgian international parted on far better terms, but Jol expects both players to receive the same reception from home fans.

"I feel that Dembele was very popular and Clint Dempsey was very popular as well so I think it is OK," Jol said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20558958

Martin Jol told Levy we could get top 4 and then walked straight out of Levy's office to tell waiting press men what he told Levy and then told them top 4 was impossible. To not believe him is easy.

I would think his play this past week puts any debate to rest about his value to Spurs. Great week for us, bouncing resolutely back in somewhat trying times, and he was at the heart of it all.

A completely different player to the one we saw in the first few months of the season.

Not only is he looking fitter and faster, but also his touch and sharpness is on another level. That chance he had where he swivelled past one Fulham defender and then skinned another before dragging his shot wide would have been an outstanding goal if it had gone in - Berbatov-esque.

Most importantly, he's starting to deliver end product, with two excellent assists this week.

Form is temporary, class is permanent, and he has that. Delighted people are finally warming to him...

I always though Clint Dempsey was above all else a fighter, and he's got a lot of underated skill as well. You don't score 23 goals in a season and be 'average'...

Well done Clint!

I still dont rate him and I still dont think he is that creative in the hole player that we need. I would still replace him once Ade returns next game (predominantly because you cant drop Defoe and Ade is just well Ade)

HOWEVER (before people start having a go at me fudgers grrrr)

Dempsey played very well recently in particular West Ham game where he was very very good. He was also good today. Cant comment on Liverscum game as I thought the whole performance from the whole team was a bit brick.

I still dont rate him and I still dont think he is that creative in the hole player that we need. I would still replace him once Ade returns next game (predominantly because you cant drop Defoe and Ade is just well Ade)

HOWEVER (before people start having a go at me fudgers grrrr)

Dempsey played very well recently in particular West Ham game where he was very very good. He was also good today. Cant comment on Liverscum game as I thought the whole performance from the whole team was a bit brick.

Playa hata

;)

Back