• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

I still don't trust him and i still think he's a limited footballer but today i thought he was v.good and worked hard. Against Shammers i also thought he was v.good and against Pool he also put in a decent/good performance (going by highlights on that one though). Long may it continue.

I still don't trust him and i still think he's a limited footballer but today i thought he was v.good and worked hard. Against Shammers i also thought he was v.good and against Pool he also put in a decent/good performance (going by highlights on that one though). Long may it continue.

I am left shaking my head at these types of posts. Three matches in which he is key to three major wins yet he remains "a limited footballer" who cannot be trusted!!!

Says a lot about the inability of many fans to be rational and admit that their spacegoats were not as bad as they originally made them out to be.... We saw exactly the same with Parker, Lennon, Benny and Defoe - just to name a few

I am left shaking my head at these types of posts. Three matches in which he is key to three major wins yet he remains "a limited footballer" who cannot be trusted!!!

Says a lot about the inability of many fans to be rational and admit that their spacegoats were not as bad as they originally made them out to be.... We saw exactly the same with Parker, Lennon, Benny and Defoe - just to name a few

What are you talking about? so 3 good games cancels out the 10 bad ones (or however many it is).

He's done well these games i agree but in terms of his all around ability i think he's limited and have thought this even before we signed him. As i've said countless time he's excellent at making deep runs and finding space but i feel generally he's limited in everything else (which is why i compare him to Tim Cahill and Kevin Nolan who are superb at finding goalscoring positions and space but in terms of general play they're limited). Dempsey is a slightly technically better version of those 2 but i hope he continues this form.

It's okay, we can always play KD's favourite Gylfi Sigurddson - when we sign him. We may have to sell Gylfi Sigurdsson to be able to afford him, though.

Last edited:
It's okay, we can always play KD's favourite Gylfi Sigurddson - when we sign him. We may have to sell Gylfi Sigurdsson to be able to afford him, though.

Dempsey doesn't deserve dropping so i guess he has to wait. Although i rate Sigurddson far higher it would be very unfair to drop Dempsey now (hence me putting him in my starting X1 for the last 3 games).

What are you talking about? so 3 good games cancels out the 10 bad ones (or however many it is).

He's done well these games i agree but in terms of his all around ability i think he's limited and have thought this even before we signed him. As i've said countless time he's excellent at making deep runs and finding space but i feel generally he's limited in everything else (which is why i compare him to Tim Cahill and Kevin Nolan who are superb at finding goalscoring positions and space but in terms of general play they're limited). Dempsey is a slightly technically better version of those 2 but i hope he continues this form.

Still shaking my head, mate.

The guy came in the last hour of the transfer deadline, without a pre-season and needed to get to know the team. To compound matters, he has been asked to play in a different role to the one he played at Fulham and above in the most difficult position on the pitch where he has to link midfield to attack in a 4-2-1-2-1. And you expect him to be an instant hit?

I would think his play this past week puts any debate to rest about his value to Spurs. Great week for us, bouncing resolutely back in somewhat trying times, and he was at the heart of it all.
Well said, we've had a tremendous week, so has Clint

I was delighted when we bought him, and saddened by some of his performances, but he's now looking good.

SIGURDSSON
SIGURDSSON
SIGURDSSON
SIGURDDSON
SIGURDSSON
SIGURDSSON

Spot the odd one out.

Does it really bother you that much?

Anyway Maltese to answer your question i don't expect him to be an instant hit but his inclusion in the team basically meant we were 10 vs 11 as he contributed nothing. I don't like players that produce these invisible performances but as i said he's been good the last 3 games and long may it continue.

Still shaking my head, mate.

The guy came in the last hour of the transfer deadline, without a pre-season and needed to get to know the team. To compound matters, he has been asked to play in a different role to the one he played at Fulham and above in the most difficult position on the pitch where he has to link midfield to attack in a 4-2-1-2-1. And you expect him to be an instant hit?

I see where KD is coming from. We are acknowledging he has had good games recently but just not certain he is of the ability that takes us forward. Dempsey may well prove us wrong and is on the way but doesnt mean that I all of a sudden think yeah he is brilliant the same way I didnt come to the conclusion he was brick after three games.

I dont think he is creative enough and for that player to play in the hole he needs to be quick in his passing, creative and even a bit unpredictable.

When Ade is fit unfortunately for Dempsey I would put Ade straight in behind Defoe.

Dempsey was beyond shocking before this last week. Credit to him, he needed to prove his worth. He s STARTING to do that now

Dempsey was beyond shocking before this last week. Credit to him, he needed to prove his worth. He s STARTING to do that now

yep pretty much this

Was a massive critic of his but i have seen a marked improvement and he des work very hard so i can respect that. More then having a problem with him i think it is the system i dislike.

So as far as Dempsey goes he is off my boo list, david cameron is never getting off that list. But Dempsey has continued to work hard and he is finally settling in. He has won my respect for his hard work and effort and is looking a lot better then in the firsst few months of the season, the same can not be said for gallas who goes from bad to worse....

It's probably because he didnt get a pre-season. He is now finally starting to get into his stride and at the perfect time too.

It's probably because he didnt get a pre-season. He is now finally starting to get into his stride and at the perfect time too.

Not being asked to play midfield anymore either, which I think is a sensible decision by AVB. Dempsey actually looks good in the number 10 role, and has put in some lovely through balls from that position.

Not being asked to play midfield anymore either, which I think is a sensible decision by AVB. Dempsey actually looks good in the number 10 role, and has put in some lovely through balls from that position.

He's been playing ahead Sandro and Dembele/Huddlestone all season, as had Sig. I don't think that was the change at all.

He's been playing ahead Sandro and Dembele/Huddlestone all season, as had Sig. I don't think that was the change at all.

For a few games he was playing much deeper and quite often was alongside the other midfielders. Now he is in front of them and playing in the "hole". Sigurdsson was also playing much deeper and bursting forward from a deeper position, just like Dempsey was. Now Dempsey is starting from a position further up the pitch and it's clear that we aren't playing a five man midfield at the moment, but a four man midfield.

For a few games he was playing much deeper and quite often was alongside the other midfielders. Now he is in front of them and playing in the "hole". Sigurdsson was also playing much deeper and bursting forward from a deeper position, just like Dempsey was. Now Dempsey is starting from a position further up the pitch and it's clear that we aren't playing a five man midfield at the moment, but a four man midfield.

I don't think that's the case at all. Dempsey/Sig have always been further up the pitch, I just don't think they were playing very well and found it harder to get on the ball. Dempsey's improvement has been because he's got used to the role and has figured out what sort of runs to make to get himself available, and Sig just hasn't really had a chance. I think they've both had to learn how to play with Defoe who won't often get them the ball back, and that's been tough for them. But I don't think they've often been alongside Sandro earlier in the season at all.

Dempsey was talking (referred to earlier in the thread) about how he and AVB have been watching recordings to see how he should best adjust his game to adapt better into the team and get used to the way of playing.

Dempsey was talking (referred to earlier in the thread) about how he and AVB have been watching recordings to see how he should best adjust his game to adapt better into the team and get used to the way of playing.

Yes, I don't think we have changed our formation at all, but the players are getting better at their individual roles.

Back