• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

He seems to be coming into some good form when Ade is back from suspension, I would love to see us play 4-4-2 with Clint coming in for Lennon on the right. I have followed him closely for years now being American and I always thought that is where he is most dangerous especially with Bale they can flip flop wings during a match and cause other teams loads of problems.

He played in midfield a lot last season and quite a lot in his career. This season he's played behind the striker.

Not sure if that counts as midfield or upfront but no need to split hairs.

The assertion earlier in the thread was that his performances have improved because he has 'pushed up' into a number ten role rather than play in the midfield, but I think it's pretty clear he's been in the position behind the striker all season.

It's just the team couldn't find him, but now he's more comfortable with the movements he needs to make and is more used to receiving the ball in the areas he does, so he's looking better.

it's also about him finding defoe...not many can as he tends to be offside, remain far behind the foremost player with the ball , or may just pop up just side by side!

MOTM tonight and he has got his own chant.
Clint like the United Ince.
Go the deuce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really man of the match was that the official one at the ground? i would have given it to carroll myself loved the way he kept everything ticking over. Dempsey was good tonight i would say a 7.5 and considering at the start of the season i thought he was giving 5s thats a lot better.

Was better at the weekend then tonight but he is doing a lot better and the team is starting to take shape. But i do wonder if we have the creativity to unlock better teams as we seem to lack a bit of something at the moment.

I think he has a great eye for a pass, his set up for Adebayor was a good through ball and he tried other similar assists all night. I think he is really growing as a player with us and showing us why he was brought to the club.

I think he has gone from noone wanting him at the club to people now being satisfied if he is in the first team and that's quite a transformation.

I think he has a great eye for a pass, his set up for Adebayor was a good through ball and he tried other similar assists all night. I think he is really growing as a player with us and showing us why he was brought to the club.

I think he has gone from noone wanting him at the club to people now being satisfied if he is in the first team and that's quite a transformation.

The ex brighton and current cardiff city player? what has he got to do with anything.

Dare I say he looks a completely different player and it comes down to what was spotted byAVB and worked on by Dempsey. H is brick with his back to the goal and they recognised that from seem video footage and encouraged him to change his stance to face the goal quicker. Low and behold he has know scored 1 and created 3 in the last 4 and looks a good player. We no longer look like we're playing with 10 men.

Ill hold my hands up and say I was highly critical but credit where it's due he looks a player again and long may that continue

Nice of you to say so. But look what we've got to work with - a good ol' Trailer Park boy from Texas. Same humble roots as VDV.

Indeed...as you will have noted, I have always seen the lad's merits and defended him in the face of some bitter criticism (for him, not me!!!)...glad people are finally seeing who he is and what he can offer...

Dare I say he looks a completely different player and it comes down to what was spotted byAVB and worked on by Dempsey. H is brick with his back to the goal and they recognised that from seem video footage and encouraged him to change his stance to face the goal quicker. Low and behold he has know scored 1 and created 3 in the last 4 and looks a good player. We no longer look like we're playing with 10 men.

Ill hold my hands up and say I was highly critical but credit where it's due he looks a player again and long may that continue

In great fairness to both the player and AVB, there was no choice earlier in the season when Ade was AWOL for various reasons, Dembele was injured and AVB was still trying to get everyone more comfortable with some of his ideas. I always thought he showed tremendous courage to step in and try to do what was asked of him at that time...

Demps was put in a difficult situation, most of the time being asked to play a second striker role that doesn't really suit him at Spurs. Actually, I still think he is a better buy to Sigurdsson....now now, I must resist on starting to lament on the alternative ways of spending the Sigurdsson+Lloris combined transfer fee

Excellent game from Dempsey tonight, if he was MOTM then well deserved, he was more influential than Carroll for me

he gets assists for the crucial first two goals - that is influencing the play right where it hurts

Clint dempsey isnt a creative player though.

am i missing something outside of a couple of games where he has put in a few really good passes? Cause over the course of his career in the prem he has consistently been the receiver and not the provider.

and he has never really been a back to goal striker kind of player...always been facing the opp. thats always been his strength from day one

Well Clint has shown plenty of creativity in the last four games since we hit our purple patch.

Maybe as he's getting older he's getting more of an eye for a pass I don't know. He must have the most assists though over the past 4 games I would have thought. HE nearly got another last night too, when he put JD through with another peach of a pass, but Defoe hit the post.

Well he has improved dramatically since the Arsenal game. Good on him. He will never be as technically gifted as VdV but he has his own strengths. i hope he continues to improve, I must admit I didn't think he had it in him for a while. Well done AVB.

Indeed...as you will have noted, I have always seen the lad's merits and defended him in the face of some bitter criticism (for him, not me!!!)...glad people are finally seeing who he is and what he can offer...

Oh, come on... I've seen that the guy can play good football also, but he was still brick in a lot of games earlier this year.

Back